In ears for vibriant voices and resonating bass
Nov 27, 2020 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Connes

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of M&D MW07 last year as my first headphones of any quality at all. As much as they improved my listening experience i miss some details and clarity. So i bought some alternatives for testing, namely Fiio FH5 (3 BD, 1 DD) and CTM320 (3 BD). They deliver details and clarity, but something was missing. When i compared them to my living room setup (Dali Opticon) i realized the missing part lies with the bass. I cannot "feel" the swinging of the double bass. The M&D deliver in this regard, but lack in other areas.
There are a multitude of headphones out there with glowingly reviews, but i still dont have a clue, which of them could fit my needs. I hope for some recommendations from u, the Head-Fi community. 🙏
Btw. I am neither a native speaker nor a audiophile versed in the correct technical language, just in case u missed. :scream:

mfg
Connes

Nov 27, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 8
Just wondering if you can elaborate on what aspects of the bass were missing? Was it missing fine details, missing texture of the sound, not deep enough sounding, too thin, too thick and boomy? I know it can be hard to describe what your hearing (or rather not hearing), but more information would help us provide good recommendations for you.

Oh, and what’s your budget?

Nov 27, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 8
It´s not the details of the bass, it think it´s just not deep enough, not reverberating enough, too clinical maybe. :thinking:

Budget, hm, around 150-250$, a little more, if it provides value..:money_with_wings:

mfg
Connes

Nov 27, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 8
It´s not the details of the bass, it think it´s just not deep enough, not reverberating enough, too clinical maybe. :thinking:

Budget, hm, around 150-250$, a little more, if it provides value..:money_with_wings:

mfg
Connes
Oh, and what kinds of music do you listen to mostly? It’s kind of surprising in that most people consider the FH5 to have a lot of bass.

I would look into:
For some of the deepest bass, the UrbanFun YBF is a great option, and it’s pretty balanced sounding. The caveat is that they have had quite a lot of QC issues, but I think you’ll know if there‘s an issue early on.

The iBasso IT00 also has a lot of very deep bass. It is quite warm sounding.

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #5 of 8
While looking into the UrbanFun i stumbled upon the shozy form 1.1 and 1.4, both got berylium drivers (as my M&D) and one/three BB and are said to be on the bassy side. The UrbanFun are not easily available in europe whereas the 1.1 can be obtained from amazon.de. Any thoughts about these iems?

I listen to a wide array of music, while working out i prefer hiphop and metal. My M&D are great for this. When traveling i like to listen to music such as postmodern jukebox.

mfg
Connes

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #6 of 8
While looking into the UrbanFun i stumbled upon the shozy form 1.1 and 1.4, both got berylium drivers (as my M&D) and one/three BB and are said to be on the bassy side. The UrbanFun are not easily available in europe whereas the 1.1 can be obtained from amazon.de. Any thoughts about these iems?

I listen to a wide array of music, while working out i prefer hiphop and metal. My M&D are great for this. When traveling i like to listen to music such as postmodern jukebox.

mfg
Connes
If you like a lot of bass, and a warmer sound, and are not too sensitive to an 8KHz peak, the Shozy Form 1.1 are great IEMs. I’ve been listening to them more lately, and thoroughly enjoy them. They are colored, and are definitely not neutral, but have a good sonic balance. I was actually going to suggest the Form 1.1. I don’t think it’s worth getting the 1.4, b/c it’s substantially more expensive, and it seems that most people don’t think it’s really any better. Full disclosure, I haven’t heard the 1.4.

The Form 1.1 is excellent for hip hop, and because the beryllium driver makes the bass very fast and textured, it actually works really well with metal, even the fastest genres. Again, you just have to like a bassy signature.

Dec 4, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #8 of 8
I am currently testing Shozy 1.1 and Tri I3. Both suite me much better than Fiio FH5 and FA7 and CTM320, so those will be returned.
I´m not sure of my hearing impressions concernig the Shozy and the Tri. Does someone of u out there has by any chance tested both of them and is able to describe the differences between them to me?

mfg
Connes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back