In-earphones with replaceable or VERY strong cable
Nov 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

periphery

New Head-Fier
My budget depends on the quality but i gues I won't like spending more than 120 euro's, I'd rather spend less.
I use a meizu m6, sold my ipod nano 5g for them because the meize sounds way more powerful. When i don't use a stereo at home I use a sennheiser hd595, which sounds good to me, even tough not perfect.

I have been looking around for good earphones for a long time, and there are not many earphones with a replaceable cable in my budget. The sleek sa1 seem to be the only ones that kinda appeal to me but I'm not convinced, i hear that there are better sounding earphones in the same price range, with especially better bass, but without replaceable cables.

I have had 1 set of cx300's and a set of cx500's that was killed due to a broken cable, could buy them cheap and they were good for the money but they lacked in clarity, bass tightness and a lot of other things

I want better earphones, I'm not a basshead but I like to have enough bass, but with detail, same for the mids and the highs. I use them while sporting; running, biking, and in public transport, so i want good isolation, especially for wind noises on my bike.
I am affraid of broken cables...I would rather spend more and use them for a longer time. I'm carefull, but cables do wear out.

Any suggestions on good sounds in-earphones with a strong or replaceable cable?
I can import from the US, but that adds 25% to the price because of taxes, and need to pay for the shipment ofcourse

Thanks!

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #2 of 19

Quote:
My budget depends on the quality but i gues I won't like spending more than 120 euro's, I'd rather spend less.
I use a meizu m6, sold my ipod nano 5g for them because the meize sounds way more powerful. When i don't use a stereo at home I use a sennheiser hd595, which sounds good to me, even tough not perfect.

I have been looking around for good earphones for a long time, and there are not many earphones with a replaceable cable in my budget. The sleek sa1 seem to be the only ones that kinda appeal to me but I'm not convinced, i hear that there are better sounding earphones in the same price range, with especially better bass, but without replaceable cables.

I have had 1 set of cx300's and a set of cx500's that was killed due to a broken cable, could buy them cheap and they were good for the money but they lacked in clarity, bass tightness and a lot of other things

I want better earphones, I'm not a basshead but I like to have enough bass, but with detail, same for the mids and the highs. I use them while sporting; running, biking, and in public transport, so i want good isolation, especially for wind noises on my bike.
I am affraid of broken cables...I would rather spend more and use them for a longer time. I'm carefull, but cables do wear out.

Any suggestions on good sounds in-earphones with a strong or replaceable cable?
I can import from the US, but that adds 25% to the price because of taxes, and need to pay for the shipment ofcourse

Thanks!

I was going to suggest brainwavz m2's but because they have these two tiny ports, wind noise is a real issue

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #3 of 19
Check for HJE900's in the FS/Trade forums.

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 19
if you like the CX300, then you're a basshead

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #9 of 19
So much different reviews about the HJE900's but overall they seem to be nice, having doubts about the soundstage, because I listen to a lot of kinds of musical music, I don't want unbalanced sound. I love my sennheiser hd595's, and those should be pretty neutral.

Where can i get them cheap? Best for me would be within the EU, so no import taxes.

Looking for some tips

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #10 of 19

Quote:
So much different reviews about the HJE900's but overall they seem to be nice, having doubts about the soundstage, because I listen to a lot of kinds of musical music, I don't want unbalanced sound. I love my sennheiser hd595's, and those should be pretty neutral.

Where can i get them cheap? Best for me would be within the EU, so no import taxes.

Looking for some tips

hmmm...is the bass of the HD595 just right for you? or is it lacking, the panasonics have pretty powerful bass

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #11 of 19

Quote:
Quote:

Looking for some tips

hmmm...is the bass of the HD595 just right for you? or is it lacking, the panasonics have pretty powerful bass

The bass off the HD595's is a little low, I do love the detail but a little more bass isn't a problem, but I do not like a boomy low end without detail. I'm sure I got to accept the fact I wont get pefect phones for this money

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #13 of 19
The prices are fairly inflated now so you should be able to get them pretty cheap on ebay pretty soon. Keep your eye open for a pair that are about $120-140 on ebay. Shouldn't be more expensive than that. If that is the case look for something else. TF10s are nice and fairly neutral to me. Recessed mids though.

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #14 of 19

Quote:
The prices are fairly inflated now so you should be able to get them pretty cheap on ebay pretty soon. Keep your eye open for a pair that are about $120-140 on ebay. Shouldn't be more expensive than that. If that is the case look for something else. TF10s are nice and fairly neutral to me. Recessed mids though.

I will look for them, I don't want to wait too long but I can wait for some time. Are they much better than the panny's? Otherwise ill just get those!

Nov 29, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #15 of 19
Really wish I could compare the TF10s with the HJE900s, but I've only owned the TF10s so I can't directly compare them. However, I believe the 900s are dynamic based drivers and TF10s are balanced armature drivers. History be told the triple driver TF10 (2 low 1 high) are known to have better sound. Hence the price is significantly higher. I'm no expert but maybe there is a coorelation? Maybe others can input on this.

Quote:
I will look for them, I don't want to wait too long but I can wait for some time. Are they much better than the panny's? Otherwise ill just get those!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back