dooxty's In-Ear World
Mar 4, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #16 of 43
CREATIVE Outlier Air V2 Review

The CREATIVE Outlier Air V2s are fairly affordable for what they offer - they've got an amazing fit and immersive stage in spite of its low resolution. Maintaining these staging properties and price range, and improving audio latency and sound quality would see the next iteration of CREATIVE's Outlier series become the next big all-rounder in the true wireless market.

Mar 19, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #17 of 43
Meze 12 Classics V2 Review

Coloured tunings are remarkably challenging to pull off and I feel that we don't often see an IEM in this price range accomplish what the 12 Classics V2 have to the same calibre. Attaining this type of rich sound signature for their sub $100 entry-level product without compromising heavily on technicalities is a big win in my books. This is an exciting new addition to the Meze family and I'm excited to see what they have to offer in future products.

Mar 28, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #18 of 43
KBEAR KS1 Review

While the KS1 falls under the umbrella of "generic V-shape" tuning, KBEAR pretty much nailed the tonal balance in the KS1 - big bass for a warm listen and highs that don't pierce the ears. The KS1 is amazing for its price, I'm happy to take my audiophile cap off just for the KS1 for easy listening and I love that it also makes a great gift for non-audiophile friends because its tuning is very consumer friendly. The only warning I can give to those who are ready to buy this is that it might have too much bass for some listeners. But if you don't mind and just want something warm and easy-going, the KS1 is definitely worth the blind buy.

Apr 20, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #19 of 43
Effect Audio EVO Series Review

The interchangeable Y-splits of Effect Audio's new EVO series are a game-changer in the cable industry in terms of aesthetics. But how do these cables fare in terms of sound? To those in the market for an upgrade cable, find out which one might suit your preferences in this comparison review!

May 29, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #20 of 43
FiiL T1 Lite

It's hard to go wrong with the T1 lite if you just want a cheap true wireless set that just… works! It's got good sound for its price, it feels secure in my ears, the touch controls work just fine although it's just limited to play and pause, and the audio visual lag isn't too bad for short videos when on the go. You can get all that for a price ranging anywhere between $32 and $40 on Aliexpress.

t1.png

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #21 of 43
Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 Pro

My detailed take on the TSMR-3 Pro's tuning switches. The presence of tuning switches complicated things for this video so I tried my best to break down the information in a manner that is easy to understand, I hope everything I've said made sense!

3 pro.png

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #22 of 43
Schiit IEMagni X Modi 3+

What a time to be alive… honestly! Compared to 5 years ago, you don't have to spend as much money just to obtain something end game level as a source for IEMs. With the music artistes I follow moving things digitally, this is a very viable solution to streaming off Spotify, ESPECIALLY with the current movement into Spotify Hi-fi and Apple Lossless Audio.

iem.png

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #23 of 43
BQEYZ Summer

The first thing that hit me was how prominent and well extended the treble is with the Summer. It gives plenty of sparkle that I'm sure treble heads will love. And it complements this with elevated bass that's big but very well controlled.

I'm pretty treble sensitive but that spiciness at the treble doesn't sting at all. Whenever I hear some IEMs going for this sort of tuning they end up being a shouty screech fest. For $129 you're getting a well-tuned set that gives you the extension (maybe bordering on being sibilant), but without the shoutiness or screechiness.

sum.png

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #24 of 43
TRN MT1

The TRN MT1 stands out from the rest of the competition with its different approach to staging, and its surprising suitability for gaming. They are far from my go-to for music but I think it's easy to recommend this as a very cheap set for the sole purpose of gaming or watching shows - they do sound like a lot like a typical gaming headset to my ears (the non-bassy type).

That's just my sort-of unpopular opinion given how relatively well-received these have been but I hope you will find this video helpful regardless

mt1.png

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #25 of 43
CCA CA2

The CCA CA2 has a really experimental sound that likely won't sit well with anybody's music library. It even isn't worth the asking price of $8 to be honest. On the other hand, the $7 KZ EDX or TRN MT1 have relatively safer tunings and are definitely worth their asking prices.

Presentation1.png

Aug 13, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #26 of 43
KBEAR Neon

It's always been difficult for a single BA to nail the whole sound spectrum to my liking but in this video, we're going to find out if the new KBEAR Neon changes any of this at its competitive price point of $50. The Neon lacks extension on both ends (as with almost any other 1BA IEM) but it does the mids fairly well WITH a tiny EQ adjustment in the upper mids.

Presentation1.png

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #28 of 43
CVJ CSK

This tuning sounds unnaturally good with EDM and especially synthwave. Wouldn't really use these for anything else - probably got to explore CVJ's higher end models for IEMs with a more well-rounded signature.

Presentation1.png

Aug 27, 2021 at 2:21 AM Post #29 of 43
CCZ Plume

Passable sound but fit is definitely not safe for most people. If their budget models can keep up with this type of sound, this brand can easily become a staple among most budget collectors.

plume.png

Sep 2, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #30 of 43
TRN CS1

Things to like
My favourite bass response among all sub $20 budget IEMs, clean and punchy - steers clear of being boomy
Cymbals and hats sound more well-rounded than the MT1 with more shimmer in the highs
Resolution and imaging are acceptable for $9

Too much energy concentrated in centre-midrange making them sound tinny
The upper-mids are not exactly shouty but the tinniness is the factor that makes these fatiguing quickly at higher volumes

cs1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back