In ear headphones???
Jun 5, 2004 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Fido

Head-Fier
Hey

I want to know which in ear headphone is the best for me.
I've read a lot about different types of these in ear headphones.
I have found out that the best for me would be the Etymotic ER-4P, but the problem there is that after a while I have to order new tips all the way from the states to denmark (I live in denmark). So in the long run it would be very expencive.
Then i looked at shure but i dont now how good sound they are giving. Then there is ultimate ears, but they cost 900$.

Therefor I'm looking for something around 200-250$, in ear headhone that has great sound, but doesen't have the need to replace part every now an then.

I would really be glad for your help!!

Thanks

Jun 5, 2004 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 22
thanks... then I think that I will get the Etymotic ER-4P.

But does anyone know where to get them cheap here in Europe, because ordering outside Europe ads 25% to the price (I know i can order the from the previous link)???

Jun 5, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 22
Hi fido...

I have worn ety4s phones nearly four hours every weekday, for about a year and a half, using the Silicone tri-flange tips...I have just noticed that the inner flanges are cracking, and may soon open a path to the outside world just against the "barrel" of the silicone...

I clean them often, and keep my ears clean.

I never loan my tips to anyone.

I have trimmed the third (outermost) flange off for comfort, and I wear the phones "IN" my canals, to tune some resonances down.

When I loan the phones, I offer a loaner pair of silicone tips that I clean in warm detergent water after every use by friend or curious person.

So, I guess the three pair that I was given will last about Three Years, hard use, as I will not use the loaner pair in my ears.

Every time I am about to insert the phones, I wipe or flick the ends to make the flakes of earwax fly out of the hole.

I have replaced the filters twice in the same Year and a half. They are colored green, so whenever they look yellow, I replace them.

Be sure to buy the "S" adaptor for your Ps, then you can always enjoy your etys wherever and whth whatever input you want to monitor.

Happy Listening!

Guy

Jun 5, 2004 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 22
How can it be that the it cost so much more in Europe tha in USA??
It's cheaper for me to order them from the states even though i have to an ekstra 25%
confused.gif
confused.gif

The cost in USA:250$ =205€!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The cost in Europe:370€ = 451$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me it's like stealing in the middle of the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back