In Ear Headphone with swappable drivers?
Jul 10, 2014 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pmgroundhog

New Head-Fier
I remember seeing or hearing about an in ear headphone where one can switch out the drivers... or housings... or something like that. It came with a few and each supposedly sounded different. I have since not been able to find what this was. I remember it was not a great product in a review i saw... but I still am curious about what it was.

Anyone have an Idea?

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #2 of 5
Hmm, swapping drivers is something that still hasn't been invented, sadly. But there are IEMs out there where you can switch the sound signature in just a flick of the switch or by exchanging its filters, tips etc.

Examples are AKG K3003, Noble PR, JH Roxanne, DUNU DN2000 and well, actually a lot more. :)

Jul 11, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 5
SE846.... but I like the standard filters fine... Not Shure if I will mess with them any time soon...
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #4 of 5
+1 for the Shure SE846.  The thing that's great is that there are 3 different color filters that change the frequency signature (black = warm, blue = bright, white = bright), and you can mod the filters as well.  Everyone has their own favorite filters, as mine is the white or modded black.

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #5 of 5
http://nobleaudio.com/media/news/article/noble-fr-and-pr-wizard-iems/

The other products on the market "adjust" via x-over changes through a switch.   Noble isn't running the signal to the same x-over network and simply selecting a different capacitor/resistor via an A/B switch

Noble is switching the input signal to

1) X- Network "A" and driver (s) A
2  X-Network "B" and driver (s) B

It is trully two products within one housing.  The drivers that corespond with x-over network A are not shared in conjunction with network B....  they are totally independent.

The only thing they share in common is the "source" and the housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back