In ear headphone under $100 with good bass
Jun 26, 2016 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kasra13

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for an in ear headphone under $100. I usually listen to progressive rock and metal and bass is really important to me. However I don't want the bass to effect the overall sound quality.
  I had a Creative EP-630 which I was happy with. Now I am looking for something to improve the sound quality and have similar or better bass.
  I bought a Sennheiser CX-5.00 recently. although the sound quality is OK, it does not satisfy me because it does not have enough bass. 

I'm considering Shure SE215 - Sony Sony MDR-XB90EX and Sennheiser CX 300 currently. 
I would be grateful if you help me.

Jun 26, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #4 of 10
IMO the SE215 is growing old and has been outclassed in terms of value for the money for years now. How sensitive are you to treble frequencies? If you are, get the Alpha and Delta AD01. If not, get the Sennheiser Momentum IEM.

Jun 26, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #5 of 10
Thank you for your answers. I've just read some good reviews about Alpha and Delta AD01 and I am seriously considering it. However, I'm not familiar with the brand and its quality.  does it sound better than Sony MDR-XB90EX ?!

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #7 of 10
Alpha and Delta is the house brand of Lend Me Ur Ears, a reputable reseller of many Asian headphone brands; I would buy from Amazon since Prime shipping is available and Amazon has a good return policy in case something goes wrong. That being said, the AD01 will likely have a bit more lower treble compared to the Sony, giving the AD01 better clarity while still retaining a smooth treble. The Sony will have more bass but less clarity. If you must absolutely have MOAR BASS at all costs, then get the Sony, for everyone else the AD01 should have sufficient, if not plenty of, bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back