In-ear earphone HELP!!!!
Nov 15, 2008 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

carthikv12

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I'm looking to get a set of in-ear phones to listen to music on my iphone... I'm currently looking at the shure se530pth but i'm not sure if i want to spend so much money... is it worth it? or are there any other great less expensive alternatives? I listen to almost anything, house and techno being my favorite. Theres just so many brands and i'd really appreciate any help!

THANKS!!!!

Nov 15, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 7
I have just bought the Audio Technica CKM70 ear phones, that i use on my iPhone. i listen to all kinds of music including house/garage, and chart stuff, to rock to easy listening (about 85 albums on it so far).
I think these sound great. They were about £80 though.

I bought them to replace my Shure E2c's, that i also thought were very good. People complained about lack of bass and them falling out, but i NEVER had that problem, providing they were inserted correctly. They go for about £30 now, and are well worth that kind of money.

Nov 16, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks you guys, I was just reading through the 18 iem thread... Budget wise, I'd like to stay below 250 pounds or about 450-500$. Well, I guess i'm looking for the best sound quality, not the most expensive one... so which one would be best to get? anything cheaper than the shure? Thanks!

Nov 16, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #6 of 7
Beside SE530, Sennheiser newest IEM, the IE8, might worth looking into as well.

Nov 16, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #7 of 7
if you do go for the SE530's you wont be sorry, i impulse bought mine and was a bit concerned about just how much id spent on them till i got them home and started going through my music collection. i just kept grinning like an idiot for weeks as i heard new songs for the first time on them, everything sounds amazing. the only downside to getting them is you will have to re-rip all ur cds into lossless formats, youll love the results but can be time consuming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back