in-canal for classical music
Nov 30, 2007 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

mrflabby

New Head-Fier
Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it using the search tool.

I'm looking for in-canal earphones to listen to classical music. They must be able to block outside noise and be the budget price range of the Shure E2c - E3c.
I know the Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro are the best but sadly they are well beyond my budget!

Thanks!

Dec 2, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Especially if you're going to run them amped.

How do I do that Cry Havoc?

Anywhere I can find them for a reasonable price like Ebay? They triple my budget!!

Also, is there a difference between the model with blue and red earpieces and the black one?

Regards

Dec 2, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrflabby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do I do that Cry Havoc?

Sorry to be the butt-insky, but that means you have to carry around with you an external box (Amplifier) not to mention more$, not something to comtemplate if portability is important.

For portable application, simply buy the 4p instead of the 4s. 4p specifically made for no-amp application.

U may check out the sales section here, maybe able to get some used ones for say -15% less retail, but don't expect major discount.

The Ety er4's are the standard bearer, de-facto standard IEMs, reference IEM all other IEMs are compared to.

First time er4 users typically go "wow, can hear all these things I haven't heard b4r on songs I own!"

Even if u don't end up not liking, can always resell them with minimal loss due to good hold-up value.

U can tell am totally biased.
smily_headphones1.gif

Bad thing about going up the er4 is, u may find your player is no longer adecuate for the er4! or your 128kbps MP3s need to be all re-sampled to a higher rate!

If $ is concern, Superfi 3/5 are going major discount now, Amazon.

Dec 5, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #10 of 21
Try Amazon. I got mine from them, but I got them in the U.S., so it might be different for you.

Dec 5, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #11 of 21
If you get the ER4-P you can use an adapter that etymotic make to give it higher impedance and make it better for amping.

Just to clarify resampling your MP3s isn't going to improve them as the information has already been lost - you have to rip em from the cd (or other source) again.

Dec 6, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by japomono /img/forum/go_quote.gif
offered on ebay by reliable sellers.

Could you suggest any for the er-4p?

I suppose that buying from Ebay would make the warranty invalid?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back