in canada, in need of a grado 1/4 to 1/8 adapter
Jul 15, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 20
already have but figure it's one of those items that people aren't exactly looking to sell. buy one, have it if you need it sort of deal. no other stores are online or am i forced to give ttvj $20 to ship something that actually costs under $2.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do these things have to be grado? Isn't any adapter good enough?

You've obviously never tried a Radio Shack adapter, have you? My 325i's right channel kept cutting out. Now I've smartened up and am using the Grado one.

Plus, the Grado one has like eight inches of cord between the two ends, putting less strain on your mini sockets.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've obviously never tried a Radio Shack adapter, have you? My 325i's right channel kept cutting out. Now I've smartened up and am using the Grado one.

Plus, the Grado one has like eight inches of cord between the two ends, putting less strain on your mini sockets.

Don't radioshack have warranty? All of their nexxtech and other brands carry automatic exchange warranties. Sounds like you just have a faulty unit.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #10 of 20
I am kind of glad the hd580 comes in 1/8... But maybe I'll have to get one of those if I ever decide to upgrade to hd650 cables. I have the hd555's 1/4 to 1/8 somewhere around and I find them not that well designed.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #11 of 20
Ahem.........Sennheiser.

The Sennheiser adaptor is the same as a Grado adaptor - but the last time I bought one, they sold for aprox $7........surely those can be obtained within Canada.

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #14 of 20
Does the adaptor have any influence on sq generally speaking? The reason I'm asking is that a pair of RS 2 is on its way to me, and I'll have to use it with a portable amp for a while. The Grado adaptor costs about $30 where I live and I'll buy it only if the cheap ones change anything regarding the sq.

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
might want to consider the sennheiser adapter, it's ~$5+shipping

Yep, that's the rout I would take. The Sennheiser part number is 092595 and has a retail price of $4.90 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back