In a Headphone slump..
Sep 18, 2011 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Assault

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy some real good headphones, I can use around $175 USD.

I'm an up-coming DJ for music known as "Gabber / Hardcore Techno"

The genre consists of heavy bass drum sound, usually distorted, generally 150-220 bpm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7KSWeTqi1M [Go to 46 seconds]

It's pretty much very, very, hard pounding bass with loud basslines.

Anyway, the brands that I knew of, mostly for DJ'ing at least are these:

- Technic's
- Pioneer's
- Beyerdynamic's

If you could list out what'd be good for that, that would be great, thanks.

Sep 18, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #4 of 12
HDJ-1000's if you want a very punchy bass. AKG K81's also have a nice punchy bass.

Also, no promoter is going to book you if you say you even remotely mention you spin "Techno" or use that word in your sentence. You're no DJ.

Sep 18, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 12
I never said I spun Techno.. the chances of people knowing what Dutch Hardcore or Gabber are is very slim, so I'm obligated to use the word "Hardcore Techno" as that is primarily what it is although I hate to call it that.

Anyone, what about Technic's .. or Sennhesier?

Sep 18, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #7 of 12
Heya,

Quote:
I believe there is something called Google.

Google will simply point one back to Head-Fi. Not very helpful. Possibly rude... ?

Quote:
Anyone, what about Technic's .. or Sennhesier?

I wouldn't touch a Sennheiser for your application. But maybe an HD280 PRO if necessary...

Check out Technics 1200A's.

Very best,

Sep 18, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #8 of 12
Heya,

Google will simply point one back to Head-Fi. Not very helpful. Possibly rude... ?

My post was pointed towards this post:
I never said I spun Techno.. the chances of people knowing what Dutch Hardcore or Gabber are is very slim, so I'm obligated to use the word "Hardcore Techno" as that is primarily what it is although I hate to call it that

Sep 18, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #9 of 12
Heya,

Quote:
My post was pointed towards this post:

That makes sense. But without a quote or a reference to what you were pointing it towards, it was an open floor comment that looked pretty unfriendly.

Very best,
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back