IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 11, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #1,668 of 3,340
It's official - The RAH are my all time favorite IEMS. These things are completely addictive and even though I just got my new Fusions and am thoroughly impressed with them too nothing comes close to the RAH, they are just simply stunning. The RAH can go toe to toe with so many IEMs that are many multiples of $$$ more costly and are a TOTL.in their own right. Once again, way to go Bob.

Jan 12, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #1,670 of 3,340
Just started listening to RAH, what is the default filter config?
The default tips fit snugly - bass is a bit strong but tolerable, mids are excellent, treble is not sibilant but not airy also

Jan 12, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #1,671 of 3,340
Just started listening to RAH, what is the default filter config?
The default tips fit snugly - bass is a bit strong but tolerable, mids are excellent, treble is not sibilant but not airy also

Black bottom, with blue top is the default that the maker recommends. But you can do whatever you want.

Also know using tips wider than needed (the inside hole being wider) can help reduce bass.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #1,672 of 3,340
Black bottom, with blue top is the default that the maker recommends. But you can do whatever you want.

Also know using tips wider than needed (the inside hole being wider) can help reduce bass.
You will also notice that with hours of use the RAH becomes much smoother, fuller and balanced across the board. Whether you you are believer in burnin or not not the (positive) changes in sound quality will be noticeable. Planars in particular benefit from hours of play my P1s came alive after 100 hours and I've noticed the same thing here. Treble got more precise and everything smoothed out - not that these are "smooth" iems. Also that giant berillyum DD will benefit from 100+ hours. It will remain deep wide, and textured but will become less "boomy". I use comply 400s on every iem I own except the RAH where I use and greatly prefer the Tenmark Whirlwinds. Just as @Infoseeker has said above the wide bore reduces the bass and opens the airy nature and sparkle of the Planar + Piezo. Be patient with them and you'll be rewarded. When ever I'm not listening to them I just plug them into a device and let. them play. Mine are at somewhere around 200 hours now and I loved them out of the box but they are now really phenomenol IMO and to my ears & brain :)

Jan 12, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #1,673 of 3,340
I found my cup of tea!!!
Down blue And Up red
I’m happy because is an amazing mix of stage, details and body!!! :)

edit: I use Azla sedna earfit Clear and Hiby R5

02B7751F-F3C9-4F74-A981-8FEB4AC531DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #1,674 of 3,340
I found my cup of tea!!!
Down blue And Up red
I’m happy because is an amazing mix of stage, details and body!!! :)
What tips are you using? I was on blue/red for quite a while it just reccesses mid treble a bit and feels like pushing mids forward.

Ever since i started using whirlwinds my prefered top went to black. Mids stay the same but low/mid treble are back in line with bass if not more pronounced.

I went through low filters yesterday, as i have changed my source i wanted to check if i might prefer something else.
But blue is still a winner for me. The balance between subbass and midbass is just spot on for me.
Ibassos amp1 mk2 + whirlwinds tips made it quite airy. With a good thump still present

Jan 13, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #1,675 of 3,340
Friends, I finally got RAH after they went on vacation to Russia :)
Now I just have to immerse myself in the comparisons with the ATEN and other IEMs that I have.
I'll be away for three days :) :) :).)

Jan 13, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #1,676 of 3,340
It's official - The RAH are my all time favorite IEMS. These things are completely addictive and even though I just got my new Fusions and am thoroughly impressed with them too nothing comes close to the RAH, they are just simply stunning. The RAH can go toe to toe with so many IEMs that are many multiples of $$$ more costly and are a TOTL.in their own right. Once again, way to go Bob.

Same, I was going back and forth before with my other IEMs for comparison. Right now I have lost interest in the others entirely. Great thing with IMR is the fine tuning opportunities you have. I don't know how many times I have changed filters. Eventually you keep going back to a particular combo, which I think tends to being the one for you. In a pretty happy place right now.
Also I found the right tip for you is important too. It can make a difference to the sound.

Jan 13, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #1,677 of 3,340
They are simply amazing, gray / blue... with double flange tips supplied and give me the perfect seal. :smile_phones:
I am not crazy if I say that this would be the end of the road for many people... although we all know that it is not true... :wink:
I don't want to think about how the Semper will sound... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks Bob :thumbsup:

Jan 13, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #1,678 of 3,340
What tips are you using? I was on blue/red for quite a while it just reccesses mid treble a bit and feels like pushing mids forward.

Ever since i started using whirlwinds my prefered top went to black. Mids stay the same but low/mid treble are back in line with bass if not more pronounced.

I went through low filters yesterday, as i have changed my source i wanted to check if i might prefer something else.
But blue is still a winner for me. The balance between subbass and midbass is just spot on for me.
Ibassos amp1 mk2 + whirlwinds tips made it quite airy. With a good thump still present

@Skullar i use Azla sedna earfit Clear.
Maybe I’ll try also total blue.
My source/amp is a modest Hiby R5, I’d try Cayin N6II but I don’t know if it’s quite neutral and Hiby R8...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Jan 13, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #1,679 of 3,340
@Skullar i use Azla sedna earfit Clear.
Maybe I’ll try also total blue.
My source/amp is a modest Hiby R5, I’d try Cayin N6II but I don’t know if it’s quite neutral and Hiby R8...
I think you raise another good point about IMR versatility. To an extent you can always adjust it to suit your source if say, its slightly coloured tonaly.

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #1,680 of 3,340
I'll soon report on PAW6000 with the Rah later this week :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back