IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 20, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #766 of 3,340
I absolutely am with you for holidays haha. But more importatly i was really curious to hear about Rah from the opposite side of listeners away from electronic music,
who usually have an extensive record of experience of totl gear listening and comparison.

In reality what i want to know is..
Is it as successfull as i think it is regardless of genre you listen to or price rance.

As i dont think Rah is mid-fi anymore...

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #767 of 3,340
But more importatly i was really curious to hear about Rah from the opposite side of listeners away from electronic music,
who usually have an extensive record of experience of totl gear listening and comparison.
Is it as successfull as i think it is regardless of genre you listen to or price rance.

With all due humility but errmm . . . To answer your question...Yes!
The Rah is the 'real deal' - The Rah displays many qualities which are in the camp shared with TOTL
I hope people realise how fortunate we are to own such as IEM!

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #768 of 3,340
I absolutely am with you for holidays haha. But more importatly i was really curious to hear about Rah from the opposite side of listeners away from electronic music,

I listen mainly prog rock and metal. This are the real deal hahaha

Dec 21, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #769 of 3,340
Yep different sized hole in the side near the bottom.

Bob has the filters in the holder as 3 sets per side. I put them in the order as the bar chart graph but as left one side of the holder right as the other side of the holder so that each side has 6 different colours instead of 3. This way I can choose if I so wished more or less bass in a simpler way.

Thank you so much! I had figured that might be the case. I'll take your advice and reorder the filters for easier use in the future.

Dec 21, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #770 of 3,340
Oh my, arrived today! Thanks Bob and won't fault Royal Mail for getting Rah to me before Xmas :)

Attachments

• 20191221_145808.jpg
    20191221_145808.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 0
Dec 21, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #771 of 3,340
Was a little worried from reading the forums these last few days that the bass would be too heavy for me, but I'm happy with what I hear right now. The vocals are nicely forward now, compared to what I hear with the Zenith. Not as sparkly at the high end compared to the estat 20191221_145808-01.jpeg I have, but I like the tone that's not as sharp coming from the Rah. I hear no sibilance at all.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #772 of 3,340
Oh my, arrived today! Thanks Bob and won't fault Royal Mail for getting Rah to me before Xmas :)
So Jealous, missed my delivery - wasn't home - probably will receive them after Christmas :frowning2:

Dec 21, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #774 of 3,340
For those afraid of too much bass: burn it in for 30-50 hours at least. It will change a lot :)

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #776 of 3,340
For those afraid of too much bass: burn it in for 30-50 hours at least. It will change a lot :)
Buying an IMR IEM and complaining about too much bass is like drinking Coke and complaining about too much sugar. Turn it up and let it rip! :beyersmile:

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #777 of 3,340
Buying an IMR IEM and complaining about too much bass is like drinking Coke and complaining about too much sugar. Turn it up and let it rip! :beyersmile:

My concern was that the bass would take precedence over the detail from planars, but that's definitely not the Rah's case with just my few hours of listening.
Turning it up and letting it rip works well too :)

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #778 of 3,340
So after cross comparing it for a bit with the Shuoer Tape i come to the conclusion, that the Tape is more resolving in micro details than the RAH. The RAH has an excellent body and sounds much weightier, but the bass just swallows some of the details above a certain frequency range - i.e. in this track whole hi hat parts seem to disappear and the ride is way more spatial on the Tape than it's with with the RAH:

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #779 of 3,340
So after cross comparing it for a bit with the Shuoer Tape i come to the conclusion, that the Tape is more resolving in micro details than the RAH. The RAH has an excellent body and sounds much weightier, but the bass just swallows some of the details above a certain frequency range - i.e. in this track whole hi hat parts seem to disappear and the ride is way more spatial on the Tape than it's with with the RAH:

what filter combination are you using now?
I’ve gone back to black/black for some testing.

Dec 21, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #780 of 3,340
I can't unscrew my black bottom filters at the moment, so I'm stuck with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back