IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 19, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #736 of 3,340
Been using all week with black nozzle and blue filter tips. Using the double flange type tip.

Bass is deep and reasonably well controlled, will expect it even out after 100 hours, maybe more.
Said earlier in the thread, the planer on the RHA CL2 that I owned took at least 150 hours before it settled.

Dec 19, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #737 of 3,340
Im not a fan of anything exaggerated in terms of musical reproduction. I like music to sound like 'it sounds' o_0
I dont mind the smooth interpretation from BA's or the more weighty-ness that DD's can offer or the accuracy of Planar's and I love what the Rah's offer
The Rah's can have a huge bass for those who want that...which is great BUT they also have ability to offer [to my ears] a very high quality and accuracy of bass tonality, something which is not easy to find
On full black I do find the bass to take a very dominant position in the music which I do find tiring but I have found a sweet pot with NewBee foams and pink/gold nozzles.
One thing I have found is that when the music is perfectly mastered and mixed the Rahs REALLY treat you but if anything is out of whack they can punish you a bit

Anyway..just saying the Rah's hold a special place in my heart & its a pleasure to speak so highly of them here!

I posted because of your post - my ears just cant seem to get a right fit with foams... that is why I am looking for the tips alternatives

Dec 20, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #738 of 3,340
Same same

I have a touch down in Hong Kong, but still in sorting centre....excited....drumming fingers...willing it excitedly to arrive

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #739 of 3,340
I am still awaiting my RAH, but would be the recommended non foam tips for the most attenuated bass? Thanks
Ive got a ton of non-foam tips - remind me on the weekend and I'll go through them all with the Rah :)

Dec 20, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #742 of 3,340
And my tracking still doesn’t go on

Dec 20, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #743 of 3,340
Arrived today in Italy!

Let the burn-in begin! I think I'll have a hard time to separate the silver filter from the gray one :D

Yesterday I also received the spiraldots++, so I have many tips/lower filters/upper filters to test! But that's what we love, right?

Dec 20, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #744 of 3,340
Finally they have arrived!
tmp-cam-885155417.jpg
Put one set on for a quick listen black/black filters and you guys were right! I think we have a winner here. Sadly I have to go to work so no critical listening until MUCH LATER :triportsad: longest work day of my life ugggh.
I did notice that the leather 3.5mm cable clasp was not attached to the actual cable as I found out when I unwound it luckily I could attach it back using a Phillips so no big deal.
Immortal is right I really will have a hard time distinguishing the silver and grey they look exactly alike?! Would any previous owners of Aten and current Rahs help us figure out what makes the bottom filters different from one to the other? All I can gather is that Bob just changed the boring diameters on the bottom but it so slight the only way I could've tell was the blue next to the silver. Thanks in advanced.

Dec 20, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #747 of 3,340
Would any previous owners of Aten and current Rahs help us figure out what makes the bottom filters different from one to the other?

Yep different sized hole in the side near the bottom.

Bob has the filters in the holder as 3 sets per side. I put them in the order as the bar chart graph but as left one side of the holder right as the other side of the holder so that each side has 6 different colours instead of 3. This way I can choose if I so wished more or less bass in a simpler way.

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #748 of 3,340
I am still waiting mine also .
This the message.

December 14, 2019 at 12:08 am
Processed Through Facility
LANGLEY HWDC, UNITED KINGDOM

Hard to believe that RMB mail has poor integration with the USPS system.

Hurry up and wait .
Huh... My RM page shows same, but then I have a button below message which connects to USPS. USPS taking its sweet time with the Rah - that or there is a postal worker helping me by burning them in...!

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #749 of 3,340
Huh... My RM page shows same, but then I have a button below message which connects to USPS. USPS taking its sweet time with the Rah - that or there is a postal worker helping me by burning them in...!

Mine only had to get from the UK to Ireland and it took about 5 days from leaving Heathrow until they appeared in the depot in Ireland in the tracking

Dec 20, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #750 of 3,340
Now I bought Azla Sedna Earfit for my IMR’s from amazon japan.
Can you imagine that they will arrive on Friday?
My RAH was Shipped 16 day ago and I don’t know when they will arrive... how is possible?
Is it Christmas only in UK?!? Argh!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back