IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #586 of 3,340
Great attitude and place to be. I'm at endgame on both desktop and mobile, but have taken up reviewing as a way of giving something back and learning about new stuff...and there's ALWAYS new stuff. And Bob is definitely a purveyor of new and interesting stuff! The one thing I am wary of is hype trains, which is why I often take the hysteria around any new product launch with a grain of salt (because literally every new 'hot' product launches in exactly the same way, and then just as quickly fades into obscurity).

Now you sound like me with you saying end game (I’ve no reason to doubt you’re not) then buys the next end game lol.

It’s good to meet normal enthusiasts and not have the same constant barrage of hype.

Dec 16, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #589 of 3,340
I was just wandering. Have there ever been succesful multi-DD iems? Could there be something for Bob to invent with those in the future. But i suppose you need to use some Campfire grade materials to make DD shine.

Dec 16, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #590 of 3,340
I was just wandering. Have there ever been succesful multi-DD iems? Could there be something for Bob to invent with those in the future. But i suppose you need to use some Campfire grade materials to make DD shine.
Campfire doesn't make the best DD IEMs :)

Dec 16, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #591 of 3,340
2C9FDCE8-E912-4C5C-865C-5204C6AE9CBC.png

He’s sort of already planning that after R3 Halcyon in the R3 Phase.

Dec 16, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #593 of 3,340
Who in yor opinion does? While atlas werent perfect. There was something i realky loved about its mids and hight. They sounded very natural and rich. And then, most totl iems seem to be BA.
The Dita Dream is the best I've heard and owned. I should probably try to trade for it back.
It's the most natural sounding DD with bass extension that goes lower than any IEM I've owned.
It also helps that it fits so much better than the Atlas.

The other DD IEM that I do not plan to depart with is the Rhapsodio Eden SP. Natural sounding like the Dream, but low end doesn't go as low.

Dec 16, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #594 of 3,340
Your item is due to leave Nottingham Mail Centre to go to Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre. More information will be available as it travels through our network.

stuck there since 11th Dec.... ***
Same here, pretty much...

Dec 16, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #595 of 3,340
I’m trying my hardest not to order them but I’ve no idea how successful that will be.

The Rah are still special though regardless if something better comes along. I also hope every special model improves over the previous.

Bob has sent the email a few weeks ago of the projected timeline of the 3 models next year. I could wait until semper at the end of next year to have the TOTL but then there will be a new list for the year after so I could wait even more and what would I benefit? Stuck with the incredible Rah with no hope of improving.
I honestly could not buy anything else I’m that happy.
There's a boundary of improvement that cannot be overstepped, and that is the sound of a live recording or performance. The closest you get to that boundary, the more the law of diminishing returns applies. I'm eagerly waiting for my Rahs to find out how close they come to the limit.

Dec 16, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #596 of 3,340
I'm eagerly waiting for my Rahs to find out how close they come to the limit.

Eagerly hoping for you too. Hope you peeps get them sooner than later. Genuinely interested to hear others views and opinions good and bad. It doesn’t change my opinion though.

Fortunately I’ve little interest in live recordings. All I need is a grandiose larger than life sound which speaks to my soul and makes me go ooooff lol.

Dec 16, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #599 of 3,340
Bob told me that total payment for Halcyon using Loyalty code is £100 + £290 + shipping.

I paid around $420 Canadian for the Rah and hearing this makes me extremely glad I ordered one. £400 (total including shipping) is around $720 Canadian after currency conversion. This means that we effectively have a side grade with more tuning options (open/closed) for another whopping $300 cad more... That's alot.

Dec 17, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #600 of 3,340
The Dita Dream is the best I've heard and owned. I should probably try to trade for it back.
It's the most natural sounding DD with bass extension that goes lower than any IEM I've owned.
It also helps that it fits so much better than the Atlas.

The other DD IEM that I do not plan to depart with is the Rhapsodio Eden SP. Natural sounding like the Dream, but low end doesn't go as low.
Well there is not much out there then. Just as i thought. And for the price they better be good..
But why not go over 10mm? Is there a draw back going for going larger for full range DD? Or is it just manufacuring headache?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back