IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #226 of 3,340
And i appreciate that. But thats is not what have problem with. Even though other corriers offer plenty of solutions in that regard before even attempting to deliver. And they do find a way to deliver 4 times a week while i am at work. So go figure.
My main problem with RM is that services that actually ARE provided are not carried out.
For example i have post office 2 min walk from me. Royal mail offers to redeliver it to local post office for a small fee. And its a perfect option for me; So i go book it. Next day or 2 i get confirmation that it is waiting for me in post office. I pop in its not there. I pop in in few days, still not there. 2 weeks later, nope.
So waste 3hrs to get to their depot and wait in a queue. And its there waiting to be collected, after paying for delivery.
And that happened for 4 times in a row in 5 months.
Now anytime i order something online and see royal mail delivering i either call to cancel or change currier. Unless there is no other way and im desperate.

Or take small items you book for redelivery. it suddenly flies through your letterbox without signing lol.

Rm system is just out dated and unflexible at all.

You have every right to be aggrieved if that is how RM is treating you; none of that behaviour is is excusable. Sometimes I absolutely despair of my fellow workers - and that's coming from a union representative and unit trainer!

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #227 of 3,340
I'd say the opposite and it all comes down to personal experience. I have never once had an issue with their services, special delivery is the best service I've used both sending and receiving. You must have a dodgy depot/post office!!

I could say the same about Hermes, Yodel, UPS and DHL, nothing but constant issues with all of them in the area where I live.
Yes, it could be a depot. But there are some very simple improvements that RM could implement to make it competetive. People shop online more and more even.
At the moment for me at least it is at the bottom with hermes and yodel.

But anyways. That is not the topic. And lets not get our excitment down with small nuisances.

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #230 of 3,340
While it can be anything. I feel for Bob, if he is let down by his suppliers while already announcing his own clients delivery date. Just sitting there with his hands tied up unable to do anything is not the best of feelings...
Been there myself couple of times haha.

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #231 of 3,340
You guys think we going to get any shipping information today from Bob?
It's a little late for that and I'm not surprised. I'm also not disappointed; its all par for the course.

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #232 of 3,340
I saw a sign at a shoe shine stand that said "speed, quality, price" pick 2. Relays my thoughts pretty well

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #233 of 3,340
Just confirmed the BlackFriday code: blackfriday is still working for 30% off = $680 Custom or Universal
Damn though, lol @ Itsfit’s 30% restocking fee! :smile: When I thought Noble’s 20% was already outrageous.

Actually a business idea just came up. I’ll have iems assembled in Asia for $50; parts + manpower. Then put up a website (fromage-audio.com) and price the things $600. I’ll call them the Camembert. Find myself a few shills and pay them $20 to gush about the Camembert. Announce a 30% restocking fee and wait for the inevitable trickle of orders. Send out the shoddy Camembert and then just process the returns, with a nice margin since all I’ll have to do is inspect the returns, check they still sound awful, and replace the tips (or heck, just wipe them off). If any come back not pristine I’ll “assess” a 50% restocking fee. Some poor sods are bound to keep what I send them thinking they’re great because bass is neutral (barely audible) and there’s plenty of sparkle up top (they’re sibilant like crazy).

Anyone PM me if interested :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #234 of 3,340
Damn though, lol @ Itsfit’s 30% restocking fee! :smile: When I thought Noble’s 20% was already outrageous.

Actually a business idea just came up. I’ll have iems assembled in Asia for $50; parts + manpower. Then put up a website (fromage-audio.com) and price the things $600. I’ll call them the Camembert. Find myself a few shills and pay them $20 to gush about the Camembert. Announce a 30% restocking fee and wait for the inevitable trickle of orders. Send out the shoddy Camembert and then just process the returns, with a nice margin since all I’ll have to do is inspect the returns, check they still sound awful, and replace the tips (or heck, just wipe them off). If any come back not pristine I’ll “assess” a 50% restocking fee. Some poor sods are bound to keep what I send them thinking they’re great because bass is neutral (barely audible) and there’s plenty of sparkle up top (they’re sibilant like crazy).

I'll wait for the Gruyere, thanks.

Dec 3, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #235 of 3,340
While it can be anything. I feel for Bob, if he is let down by his suppliers while already announcing his own clients delivery date. Just sitting there with his hands tied up unable to do anything is not the best of feelings...
Been there myself couple of times haha.

Me too, it really sucks.

It's a little late for that and I'm not surprised. I'm also not disappointed; its all par for the course.

Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong but was this the same issue that happened with the Aten? I didn't buy one so I missed those emails from Bob. Overall if so it will be a similar situation with maybe a maximum of 2 weeks delay, fingers crossed. I am not concerned waiting a little longer for him to get everything ready and perfect.

Dec 4, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #236 of 3,340

Let me know when you've got some rocqueforte

Dec 4, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #237 of 3,340
My 2 RAH shipped out today!!! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back