IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #721 of 948
Did no one compare IMR with actual Acoustune?

Aug 18, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #722 of 948
This is exactly the same as the Trinity Audio old days (IMR old company) Pre orders left right and centre constantly. I think this will end in tears. Especially with the big discounts. It just reminds me of Trinity Audio in another uniform:

I must unsubscribe from this thread.

I wish you good day.

the same guy who wanted 50% off when the semper was on pre order

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #724 of 948
For this and next year! As he wants to focus on over-ears.

Aug 18, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #725 of 948
This is exactly the same as the Trinity Audio old days (IMR old company) Pre orders left right and centre constantly. I think this will end in tears. Especially with the big discounts. It just reminds me of Trinity Audio in another uniform:

I must unsubscribe from this thread.

I wish you good day.
Why is it always new accounts that come into IMR threads to regurgitate the same thing over and over?
Certainly, these new accounts do not have an agenda at all...

Aug 18, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #727 of 948
Nah, no one would ever... :xf_cool:
Your AV gets me laughing every time since I have wilson laying around in the house. I've had Wilson for probably 10yrs now.

Aug 18, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #728 of 948
after 5hrs of the Opus Mia, here are impressions so far on the purple/green filters + spinfit tips.
Overall signature is very smooth
Mid bass is still dominant
Treble is opening up a bit more

Has some similarities with my Jomo Trinity Brass.

Aug 18, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #729 of 948
Minor update after more burn in of the Halcyons. I think I am around 60+ hours now.

These are the first pair of IMR headphones I've experimented extensively with combinations of filter and port.

I'm finding the switch to closed ports to be a good move - less boomy on the bass. Perhaps a bit more restrictive on the mids though? Not sure yet. I'm also back on black filters - I've tried the others but they didn't feel quite right with the closed port. I'm starting to love them. Certainly, comparing them to my former Zenith's they are far superior in every way, better balanced, and MUCH smoother in the treble/upper range. The horizontal and vertical positioning of sound is amazing too - some of the well-mastered tracks I've tried sound and feel brilliantly 3-Dimensional.

Dammit IMR make some good stuff - and it definitely gets better every time. I can see why people keep picking up the new models. Now bring on those over ear headphones! And please make them comfy :)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #730 of 948
PB Two... ordered. Hey, I held out and didn’t get the Opus. Semper and PB Two. Then I’m done. That’s it. My credit card is being remanded to the custody of the witness protection program... it has witnessed enough of my abuse of it...

Aug 19, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #731 of 948
PB Two looks very very interesting!!!😍

Aug 19, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #732 of 948
Can anyone enlighten me what are the strengths of each pokemon :p. Already have the RAH and ordered the Semper, what Genre music will benefit from bass light PB Two?
The finger is itchy, but the brain requires a nudge

Aug 19, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #733 of 948
Can anyone enlighten me what are the strengths of each pokemon :p. Already have the RAH and ordered the Semper, what Genre music will benefit from bass light PB Two?
The finger is itchy, but the brain requires a nudge
No one has heard the PB Two, so we can just interpret based on the description... I chose to order it because it sounds (pun?) like PB Two will be tuned to be a little more mainstream/reference. That intrigues me. Actually I have noticed this evolution of the IMR line from being quite V shaped to increasingly more balanced... of course, this is IMR we are talking about and more balanced still implies powerful bass. I think I would like to see the bass a bit less encroaching on the mids, and PB Two intrigues me.

But these are my subjective opinions, and include speculation about an IEM I have never heard!

Aug 19, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #734 of 948
No one has heard the PB Two, so we can just interpret based on the description... I chose to order it because it sounds (pun?) like PB Two will be tuned to be a little more mainstream/reference. That intrigues me. Actually I have noticed this evolution of the IMR line from being quite V shaped to increasingly more balanced... of course, this is IMR we are talking about and more balanced still implies powerful bass. I think I would like to see the bass a bit less encroaching on the mids, and PB Two intrigues me.

But these are my subjective opinions, and include speculation about an IEM I have never heard!

Inclined to agree with this. I'm finding that although the Halcyon retain a powerful and deep bass they feel more controlled and the mids and highs are emphasised better than in the RAH.

I've refrained form ordering the PB2, my Halcyon and upcoming Semper will suffice for me. Will be listing my RAH at some point today hopefully, not getting the use they deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back