IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Aug 17, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #706 of 948
The EDP is my first IMR. I ordered Semper. So I don't know what to expect from the Aten driver. But I'll just wait for Semper I guess. Thinking it will be noticeably better than PB2.

Aug 17, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #707 of 948
@BebopMcJiggy i spoke with IMR’s Dad😅
So I posted his comparison.
Halcyon and Opus Mia are similar but different.
PB Two has very different IMR presentation because of smallest 9mm Titanium bass driver.
PB2 sound faster than RAH, Halcyon and Opus mia

Bob said me:
Rah and halcyon are very different as the run my Aten driver (previous generation driver) and has the ability to produce huge amounts of bass and is very organic. The PB two has very fast bass and is lighter in the bass quantity although the quality is exceptional.

Opus mia on paper is the same as halcyon but has a updated Aten driver and so just edges it on sound slightly .

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #708 of 948
Got my Opus Mia today.
They look great and the fit is much better than the older shells (PB One, RAH and so on).

Aug 17, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #709 of 948
Running off my M15, I can tell the Opus Mia's treble is an improvement over the PB One.
But the bass is a little muddy so far the first 15mins. Needs a little time to settle in.

Using purple lower and green upper.

Aug 17, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #710 of 948
Nice to read new IMR case Fit better, I didn’t find good comfort with R1z , R2, RAH and Halcyon.
Good burn-in!

Aug 17, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #712 of 948
I would love to own every single new IEMs from IMR after owning R1, Aten, Rah, PB1 (and Opus Mia was just delivered today and Semper later!) That's how much I like the sound signature/build quality/value Bob provides in his IEMs, but I think I'll pass this time on the PB2 and I'd like to give myself more time to enjoy the PB1 and Mia and Semper (if he made it a stainless steel without paint on the body though, I'm pretty sure my resistance would have buckled LOL). I'm happy he's making another new IEM though- PB2 sounds like a great iem based on the description already and I’m glad that more people will be able to taste the awesomeness of IMR iems!

Aug 17, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #713 of 948
To much diferents colours for a similar sound..

I do not agree with this policy of so many revisions in these last 3 weeks.

I think I'll unsubscribe from this endless race

does a survey, and in less than a week announces the products.
Everything is already more than thought

best regards
sisco
What is wrong with offering more models of IEMs? More choice is better than less choice - no one is forced to buy...

Aug 18, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #714 of 948
Rather owning a range of IMR than a single kilobuck pair. Picking anyone in my current stable may it be Rah, PB1, R3 or that little EDP, I am able to enjoy musical satisfaction for the next 3-5 hours that none of my current CIEMs able to match.

Was on R3 yesterday with grey nozzle blue filter on close port for up to 4 hours straight doing heavy and keyboard centric tracks- Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Metallica and Dreamtheather, R3 didn’t disappoint me.

It rendered those tracks with pure bliss and none of those pitchy killing your ears sibilant on higher registers. And the beauty is after the session I don’t feel awkward or nauseous, and fatiguing is definitely not in my audio vocabulary for IMR. My hearing still sane with no sudden deaf, working proper certainly not after a few bottles of beers in the belly behaviour. Most importantly talking normally to my wife even after a deafening heavy roller coaster ride.

Duration of my listening session nowadays, after getting into IMR house sound, is my personnel measurement of a true value of an IEM.

Well, what interest me or us in this thread could be somebody’s else poison ivy.

Nothing Else Matters- Metallica.

Aug 18, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #715 of 948
Rather owning a range of IMR than a single kilobuck pair. Picking anyone in my current stable may it be Rah, PB1, R3 or that little EDP, I am able to enjoy musical satisfaction for the next 3-5 hours that none of my current CIEMs able to match.

Was on R3 yesterday with grey nozzle blue filter on close port for up to 4 hours straight doing heavy and keyboard centric tracks- Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Metallica and Dreamtheather, R3 didn’t disappoint me.

It rendered those tracks with pure bliss and none of those pitchy killing your ears sibilant on higher registers. And the beauty is after the session I don’t feel awkward or nauseous, and fatiguing is definitely not in my audio vocabulary for IMR. My hearing still sane with no sudden deaf, working proper certainly not after a few bottles of beers in the belly behaviour. Most importantly talking normally to my wife even after a deafening heavy roller coaster ride.

Duration of my listening session nowadays, after getting into IMR house sound, is my personnel measurement of a true value of an IEM.

Well, what interest me or us in this thread could be somebody’s else poison ivy.

Nothing Else Matters- Metallica.

Well said, and totally agree the non-fatiguing of IMR iems - I can listen to them all day any day!

Aug 18, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #716 of 948
This is exactly the same as the Trinity Audio old days (IMR old company) Pre orders left right and centre constantly. I think this will end in tears. Especially with the big discounts. It just reminds me of Trinity Audio in another uniform:

I must unsubscribe from this thread.

I wish you good day.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #718 of 948
This is exactly the same as the Trinity Audio old days (IMR old company) Pre orders left right and centre constantly. I think this will end in tears. Especially with the big discounts. It just reminds me of Trinity Audio in another uniform:

I wish you good day.

I wish you well too, and you could find better ones out there to continue your audio journey.

Aug 18, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #719 of 948

I wish you good day.
Pointless drivel

Aug 18, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #720 of 948

I wish you good day.
So you came onto this thread to tell us you must unsubscribe... wow, you have 10 whole posts of experience on head-fi? Gee, how could you wait so long to tell us how you felt? It must have been torture for you!

Look, don’t feel bad, it’s not you, it’s us. Well, no, honestly, it’s you. Go away.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back