IMR R2 Aten Thread
Jan 21, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #991 of 1,305
Well I run the Blue on my R1's and have found the green nozzle blue tips to be the best for my taste on my Aten's, been having a small Bob "T-ea" party of late as well:grin:

Take my advice, do NOT show your psychiatrist this photo:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #992 of 1,305
:smirk:
Take my advice, do NOT show your psychiatrist this photo:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

True story, I turned him onto portable Hi-fi 10 years ago and his collection exceeds mine:smirk:

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #994 of 1,305
I finally got around to putting up my review:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/imr-acoustics-r2-aten.24011/reviews#review-23200

DSC_6158.JPG

Jan 31, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #995 of 1,305
Hi, any of you guys who own R2 Red would be so kind as to provide his impression?
I have been searching on the Internet but besides @Jon_parker´s comments and a review in Spanish at auricular.org, not much detailed info on them.
This closed version of R2 seems to be a great option for outdoor use.
Thanks in advance
Jose

Jan 31, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #996 of 1,305
Hi, any of you guys who own R2 Red would be so kind as to provide his impression?
I have been searching on the Internet but besides @Jon_parker´s comments and a review in Spanish at auricular.org, not much detailed info on them.
This closed version of R2 seems to be a great option for outdoor use.
Thanks in advance
Jose
Way more controlled and balanced than any other imr, the soundstage is intimate but nevertheless is massive, layering is outstanding, bass is prominent and responsive (I thought it would be clogged due to the closed shell) mids are a bit more forward with focus on male vocals, treble is good, but I think it’s not the imr strongest strength, overall those are my main for the road and with the bt20s along with my beloved r1z, overall, they are quite something amazing for the price, truly

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #997 of 1,305
Way more controlled and balanced than any other imr, the soundstage is intimate but nevertheless is massive, layering is outstanding, bass is prominent and responsive (I thought it would be clogged due to the closed shell) mids are a bit more forward with focus on male vocals, treble is good, but I think it’s not the imr strongest strength, overall those are my main for the road and with the bt20s along with my beloved r1z, overall, they are quite something amazing for the price, truly

Awesome!!, so far all comments very positive on the Reds. Have to start saving for those.
thanks so much for the feedback.
cheers, Jose

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #998 of 1,305
Awesome!!, so far all comments very positive on the Reds. Have to start saving for those.
thanks so much for the feedback.
cheers, Jose
Don't know if you're aware, but they are on drop right now.

Mar 24, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #1,000 of 1,305
Hi i get in touch since I have noticed that my right capsule has a defect, it is heard lower than the left, and I tested it with my cell phone measuring the levels and it marks me more under the same song putting the left and right capsule separately, the right is heard lower than the left and I don't know why, I already removed the cable thinking it was that, try other headphones, some Ibasso IT01 and both capsules are heard at the same volume level and with some $ 8 sony headphones and both capsules are heard at the same volume

I tried a Fiio M11, Cellular and PC, and in all the right capsule it sounds lower than the left.

I already sent a message to Bob but I want to know his opinion, regards

Mar 24, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #1,001 of 1,305
Hi i get in touch since I have noticed that my right capsule has a defect, it is heard lower than the left, and I tested it with my cell phone measuring the levels and it marks me more under the same song putting the left and right capsule separately, the right is heard lower than the left and I don't know why, I already removed the cable thinking it was that, try other headphones, some Ibasso IT01 and both capsules are heard at the same volume level and with some $ 8 sony headphones and both capsules are heard at the same volume

I tried a Fiio M11, Cellular and PC, and in all the right capsule it sounds lower than the left.

I already sent a message to Bob but I want to know his opinion, regards
My right piece stopped working and i switched out cables and had the same problem. Not the same situation as you, but Bob sent me a replacement piece.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #1,003 of 1,305
I posted one in-depth full written review, about IMR R2 Aten from UK! I think having 30 signatures from one product is quite amazing, and if you like the idea of a highly customisable IEM, this may be interesting to you!

This review is coming to Head-Fi as soon as I finish uploading it! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/03/imr-r2-aten-iems-review.html

IMR-R2-Aten-Planar-IEM-Earphone-Headphone-In-Depth-Review-Modular-Audiophile-Heaven-15.jpg

Apr 16, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #1,005 of 1,305
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I've read on the earbuds forum this morning the terrible news that hungry panda has passed away from covid 19 virus complications. RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back