1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

IMR R2 Aten Thread

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. Xintaur
    Why would it be a crapshoot? Take your time, try different combinations and use which you like the most.

2. gLer
    It’s a crapshoot because without knowing what each of them does to the FR, you may as well be playing with an EQ without labels. I’m sure there’s some documentation or guidance in the box, or that Bob will publish them soon. Who wants to spend three weeks trying different combinations of filters and dampers?

warriorpoet and monsieurfromag3 like this.
  3. davehutch
    Bob's currently updating the website with a colour guide. Just heard from him.

In the mean time, low end runs like this from most to least:
    black
    gold
    red
    pink
    green

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  4. gLer
    Much better! Are those the filters or dampers? (Or both)

5. davehutch
    Low end. (nearest the driver)
    There's a blue filter for the high end and that graph is already on the IMR website.

monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  6. Xintaur
    I will definitely take that time, as i did with the R1 and the Zenith. For me thats Part of the experience i am paying for. And only then i will surely know which are Best for me and the music i am listening to. Then again, not everyone got a month of free time now, so i understand your point as well.

AlexCBSN likes this.
  7. rocko77
    Early impressions are superb, sweet, detailed, very fast and deep with great timing and rhythm. Only tried the black filters so far and using Bob Marleys Exodus to test them, which is a track that really tests IEMs, I have to say I'm impressed. None of that slight edgyness to the upper treble and clearly plenty of air between the percussion, thunderous bass and backing vocals. Looking forward to further listening

holsen, Vitishon, jsmiller58 and 4 others like this.
  8. warriorpoet
    I won't get into it here, but I've spoken with Bob about this already and he's answered to my satisfaction. Probably best addressed elsewhere or with Bob directly.

jsmiller58 likes this.
  9. warriorpoet
    Should be 5 of each (5 filter, 5 damper). Did you get a bonus filter? #jealous :ksc75smile:

10. Ludwig1968
    IMR site now says 5 nozzles + 6 dampers.

warriorpoet likes this.
  11. jsmiller58
    I watch Chris’ videos, and follow very closely his recommendations, and am a Patreon. This video greatly disturbed me. I am good with him hyping or sh***ing on products all day, every day. But when he turns viciously like that on an individual it is time for me to pause and take stock whether I will continue my support.

The old saying, “With great power comes great responsibility “ applies. If you have a significant online presence and heavily influence others you have to behave differently, with a higher standard, than the average Joe Shmuck. Unless Chris has considerable more evidence than the oft repeated accusations that he quoted, he went way too far.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program... has anyone in the US received a tracking number?

12. warriorpoet
    I have. It left the UK last night.

Agreed on Chris. I was pretty shocked to see that video; it crosses the line for me.

jsmiller58 likes this.
  13. davehutch
    I have a blue 'top-end' filter. It shows six on the IMR website also:
    UPPER_STAGE_FILTER_large.jpg

jsmiller58 and warriorpoet like this.
  14. monsieurfromag3
    Damn that's lo-def on my phone... On IMR's website too. I mean with a more readable pic I could at least imagine listening to them like a kid pretend-driving

warriorpoet likes this.
  15. davehutch
    Yeah, he's working on it still.

HungryPanda and monsieurfromag3 like this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last