IMR - R1 Thread
Mar 16, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #2,416 of 3,190
Interesting and informative initial review. Look forward to what filter you prefer for Rock and Metal. Presently using Blue in balanced mode with Pono Player.

I'll keep on testing :)

So far, I think Metal and rock will be the weakness of R1Z, I can see it doing everything else really well, but for rock and metal, it is different from what I believe most people look for in those styles. Still, haven't checked the blue yet :)

Mar 16, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #2,418 of 3,190
Well, I'm a metalhead and I absolutely love the Zenith, so it's rather preference. I dig the additional smoothness in the highs, as I had a bit trouble with that in the original R1 (can't stand any spikes).

Mar 16, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #2,419 of 3,190
Need help to confirm if my pair are in phase or not. These are my first pair.
Right Unit:
Right1.jpg

Left Unit:

Left1.jpg

Mar 16, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #2,425 of 3,190
So wait. No one with a v2 has harsh highs? I have an email into Bob. Unlistenable like this. I have b stock

Depends obviously of the filter, but in general it's definitely smoother than original R1. With the orange filter, no harshness at all (I'm quite sensitive to it).

Mar 16, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #2,426 of 3,190
right side is out of phase and soldered wrong on the driver side, show this picture to Bob @ IMR he will send you replacement.
Thank you Chris. I already got a replacement. Would you be able to check if my replacement units are in phase or not. Below are pictures of replacement unit.
Right unit
right_unit replacement 1.jpg

Left Unit- Replacement

Left_unit Replacement 1.jpg

Note: I shared this replacement units pictures with Sino8r a fellow member here. it appeared in phase to him.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #2,427 of 3,190
Thank you Chris. I already got a replacement. Would you be able to check if my replacement units are in phase or not. Below are pictures of replacement unit.
Right unit

Left Unit- Replacement

Note: I shared this replacement units pictures with Sino8r a fellow member here. it appeared in phase to him.
Yeah this replacement is ok its in phase both sides, just to double check the right unit on the 2 pin socket side the red wire should be on the bottom the pictures a bit blurred cant see clearly. if red wire is on bottom then your all good

Mar 16, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #2,428 of 3,190
Right unit

Left Unit- Replacement

Yeah this set is in phase while the first set isn't. Follow the plus and minus sides on the wires

Mar 16, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #2,429 of 3,190
Yeah this replacement is ok its in phase both sides, just to double check the right unit on the 2 pin socket side the red wire should be on the bottom the pictures a bit blurred cant see clearly. if red wire is on bottom then your all good

Yeah this set is in phase while the first set isn't. Follow the plus and minus sides on the wires

Thank you Chris and Sino8r for your help.
I have one one more question. Sorry for asking many questions. I have absolutely no knowledge on these things. I have some old 2 pin wires. However, these wires don't have a guided notch as came with Zenith earphone.
How would I know which is the right way to insert these wire. For reference, I have this old 2 pin wire from Trinity master 6.
IMG-20190316-WA0009.jpg

Mar 16, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #2,430 of 3,190
Thank you Chris and Sino8r for your help.
I have one one more question. Sorry for asking many questions. I have absolutely no knowledge on these things. I have some old 2 pin wires. However, these wires don't have a guided notch as came with Zenith earphone.
How would I know which is the right way to insert these wire. For reference, I have this old 2 pin wire from Trinity master 6.

No problem! Can we get an image of the pins facing the camera? Sometimes there's a red dot or the plastic holding the pins is rounded on one side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back