IMR - R1 Thread
Feb 9, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #2,103 of 3,190
Email him for what? Someone already posted he's not going to send tracking numbers and all have been shipped so just be patient.
Because if, as someone also stated, he sent them all at the same time and therefore I should get mine at a similar time as the rest of the UK buyers, but if those who live abroad receive theirs beforehand it suggest something may have gone adrift. I didn't say i was asking for a tracking number :shrug:

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #2,104 of 3,190
Because if, as someone also stated, he sent them all at the same time and therefore I should get mine at a similar time as the rest of the UK buyers, but if those who live abroad receive theirs beforehand it suggest something may have gone adrift. I didn't say i was asking for a tracking number :shrug:

That is possible but on the other hand some sorting offices here in the uk can be very slow.
Just because they were all sent around the same time doesn’t mean every uk buyer will get the same day!

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #2,105 of 3,190
That is possible but on the other hand some sorting offices here in the uk can be very slow.
Just because they were all sent around the same time doesn’t mean every uk buyer will get the same day!

I fully appreciate that, which is why I said I'd wait for those outside of the UK to receive theirs and why I said I should get mine at a similar time, not on the same day as everyone else. I would expect however to have received them by the time people abroad have received theirs, which I think is a reasonable assumption - the Royal Mail isn't that bad and I've never experienced any delays with my local sorting office, or my last 3 deliveries from IMR.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #2,106 of 3,190
I fully appreciate that, which is why I said I'd wait for those outside of the UK to receive theirs and why I said I should get mine at a similar time, not on the same day as everyone else. I would expect however to have received them by the time people abroad have received theirs, which I think is a reasonable assumption - the Royal Mail isn't that bad and I've never experienced any delays with my local sorting office, or my last 3 deliveries from IMR.

Royal Mail can be quite bad at times, it's well documented. I've had parcels reach Germany etc before UK ones! As far as I'm aware the replacements were sent Wed/Thurs, my delivery card states it's a Signed For package, not a next day delivery. These can have a delivery time of up to 3-5 working days.

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #2,107 of 3,190
Royal Mail has lost several of my packages in the last few months. Since they sold Atherstone distribution center and leased it back it has become a black hole

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #2,109 of 3,190
@BoomBox one of the nitpicks i had about the previous R1 is that open or closed sounded practically the same, to me, in most of the tracks. Since i had 2 pairs (one came with a damaged right driver) i could mod the left driver to see if i could open it even more but then the treble became a little bit too much. It's easier to perceive the difference between open and closed now?

Thanks

Feb 10, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #2,112 of 3,190
Flipped +/- on the right side of R1Z and it now sounds pretty amazing with hiby R6 pro.

R1Z definitely has a lot more control and details compared to the original R1. Over all it sounds more balanced and with much more dynamics.

I personally believe it is an obvious upgrade.

Good job Bob, hope you can sort out the production issues soon. It is not easy for a boutique company to deal with the electronic manufacturing.

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #2,113 of 3,190
This weekend I realized that the blue filters that came with mine didn't have the same grid level, yours are the same?
20190211_160313_HDR.jpg

Feb 11, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #2,115 of 3,190
These (replacement) Zenith's are warming up now, and like others I'm noticing how good they are. I'm using the black filters. The soundstage seems wider than the R1, and there is improvement in dynamics across the whole range. I think there is more punch in the mids and highs too, almost like these have more space for the upper end to breathe.

I have not noted any harshness, but these are less forgiving than the R1 if your source isn't great quality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back