IMR - R1 Thread
Oct 2, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #1,262 of 3,190
Grrr.... got my Symbio W's and none of them fit right. The mediums are too small and don't seal and the large are too big and hurt my ear canal. Got to find some Spiral Dots, anyone know anywhere in Canada that stocks them? Can get them on eBay or Amazon marketplace but shipping takes forever from Japan.

Oct 2, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #1,263 of 3,190
Today i made an experiment with the filters. The R1 sounds incredibly good but for me it has too much bass. I had test many many variations and i found out that my moded orangefilter has the best sound out of all "standard-filters". The orange filter has the biggest venting hole. Bigger holes, less bass. The orange one has also a litte screen on the screwing part. I put them of very slowly and put them on bakingpaper. The i took out the black foam from the pink filter into the orange filter. Wow, now the R1 sound very realistic to my ears. The stage, separation, details and anything else are much better than the "non-moded filters". Try it and post our toughts in here. I love the "orange mod". :D Sorry for my bad english. I'am learning.

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #1,264 of 3,190
Grrr.... got my Symbio W's and none of them fit right. The mediums are too small and don't seal and the large are too big and hurt my ear canal. Got to find some Spiral Dots, anyone know anywhere in Canada that stocks them? Can get them on eBay or Amazon marketplace but shipping takes forever from Japan.

Same with mine. Been using medium and it hurts my ears. I bought a small earlier and its too small smh. Back on using spiral dot M now and comply tsx400

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #1,266 of 3,190
Same here symbio hurts physically. I prefer comply eases the highs. Ya man those large new bee silicones pretty sick too @ tolic, but they always found a way too squiggle out of the seal, if it wasn't for that newbee all the way.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #1,268 of 3,190
Same here symbio hurts physically. I prefer comply eases the highs. Ya man those large new bee silicones pretty sick too @ tolic, but they always found a way too squiggle out of the seal, if it wasn't for that newbee all the way.

I find the Comply's suck too much treble out. I'm on the coppers now and love the thump but they have no highs to spare. With the Comply's I had to go to the blues to maintain decent highs, but it lost the great bass of the copper/pink/black.

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #1,269 of 3,190
A Chord Mojo is on its way to yours truly. Will update on the pairing when I get a chance. By the way in my too-long post about Dac/amps earlier in this thread I mixed things up: I did audition the Mojo with the R1, albeit too briefly, and the match was one of the reasons that convinced me to order the Mojo.

Analogue Seduction (UK-based, but shipping was just £10 to France) has what they call “new old stock”, which sounds like tube parlance but is actually new and sealed, for £319.

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #1,270 of 3,190
So when I bought these, the seller included two large square metal plates full of additional filters. I believe they were originally from a Trinity model. After spending a few weeks getting to know these with the stock tips, I started playing with the extras and I may have hit paydirt. There were two pair of Silver, one with grey inner filter material and one with nothing inside, just the screen.
The empty one is pretty spectacular so far. It seems to have all of the low-end thump of the coppers but with a slightly more extended, smooth high-end. I need to spend some more time with them but for now, they may be my favourites.

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #1,271 of 3,190
So when I bought these, the seller included two large square metal plates full of additional filters. I believe they were originally from a Trinity model. After spending a few weeks getting to know these with the stock tips, I started playing with the extras and I may have hit paydirt. There were two pair of Silver, one with grey inner filter material and one with nothing inside, just the screen.
The empty one is pretty spectacular so far. It seems to have all of the low-end thump of the coppers but with a slightly more extended, smooth high-end. I need to spend some more time with them but for now, they may be my favourites.
Wow would love to get my hands on more filters somehow.......

Oct 4, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #1,273 of 3,190
Wow would love to get my hands on more filters somehow.......
You should ask Bob I guess! That’s another great thing about the R1. Whenever you’re wondering about something - you can ask Bob.

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #1,274 of 3,190
I just ordered a b-stock IMR R1, let's see what it's about. I am looking forward to trying out the filters and to see how the soundstage changes when adjusting the back.

How much burn in does this require?

I see that you owned ASG2.5 and IMR R1 - which of them are better for a bass head? A I'm thinking about sub-bass especially. I don't like harsh highs :/ and I love big space :)

Oct 6, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #1,275 of 3,190
I see that you owned ASG2.5 and IMR R1 - which of them are better for a bass head? A I'm thinking about sub-bass especially. I don't like harsh highs :/ and I love big space :)
I still have the asg 2.5 and the R1. I would say the 2.5 digs a little deeper but the R1 wins the sound stage fight easily.

I am not saying this easily but since I have the r1 - the asg 2.5 are collecting dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back