IMR - R1 Thread
Jul 25, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #857 of 3,190
The t500s are Perfect. Reduces the sharp treble. But I just switched too the stock large foam as those are good too and don't require so much time inserting. Enjoy buddy !

Jul 26, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #858 of 3,190
I'm looking to connect my R1s to my Fostex amp as balanced, so my thought was to simply find an adaptor (3.5mm 4-pole female to 4-pin XLR male).
That sounds much easier than it is though. Any idea if this is a 'thing' and where I might get one? Otherwise I'll have to make my own.
I'd have though a lot of people would like to connect their favourite IEMs to their favourite amp? Do they normally just buy a complete new long cable which then might put additional strain when disconnecting/connecting the 2-pin IEM plug?
Any thought or ideas?

Jul 26, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #860 of 3,190
Yeah man, what's a barely hard too see scratch or 2 too save 60+% and if ya don't like somethin ez full return

Jul 27, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #861 of 3,190
First listen is good, black filters seem to be just right (I wouldn't want less highs or less bass). No sibilance, which is great.

IMG_20180727_1335413.jpg

Jul 30, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #862 of 3,190
I've been enjoying this magnificent headset for a week. I use blue filters, but roses too.
With the Spiral Dot they are very comfortable and do not bother me at all. The only bad thing about the pack is the cable, but I already ordered one from Penon.
My question for those who have more expensive headphones ... what would be the expense to improve this r1?
Can this be the end of the road for many people who can not afford headphones of 900/1000 dollars?

PS: I ordered the b-stock b- and they are how new. :relaxed:

Jul 30, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #863 of 3,190
I've been enjoying this magnificent headset for a week. I use blue filters, but roses too.
With the Spiral Dot they are very comfortable and do not bother me at all. The only bad thing about the pack is the cable, but I already ordered one from Penon.
My question for those who have more expensive headphones ... what would be the expense to improve this r1?
Can this be the end of the road for many people who can not afford headphones of 900/1000 dollars?

PS: I ordered the b-stock b- and they are how new. :relaxed:
How long did it take to get them?

Jul 30, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #864 of 3,190
Jul 30, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #865 of 3,190
Hi everyone,

By chance I ended up on this thread and read about B-stock being sold at a very decent price, so I jumped on this occasion and got myself the R1 - which I should receive in a few days. Very, very excited.

I am far from an expert, which is why I'm looking to you guys for some advice:
- I will use these IEM with my Xiaomi MI5s phone and with my laptop at work. Do you confirm that I will need an amp to get more value from these IEM? If yes (the expected answer), what kind of (portable) amp do you recommend? I read in this thread that the Dragonfly Black would do the work. This would match my budget well, but I also want to make sure that I make the right decision.
- Is it possible to consider a decent cable for these IEM... that has an inline mic? Or would that be just pure blasphemy?

Thanks for your help!
Shaka

Jul 31, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #868 of 3,190
Well, I got my pair of IMR R1s today... and seriously... What?

These are INSANELY good. The bass is rich, as deep as you like, yet the overall sound is crystal clear. Some of my favourite tunes I know really well have left me open mouthed in amazement. Classical music sounds rich, airy and intensely listenable. Heavy Drum and Bass tunes sound ridiculously good. I can feel my whole brain partying in my head.

What superb headphones. I don't have an issue with the cable, it seems solid and yet flexible enough for me. It was a concern before I received them, but I'm no longer planning on replacing it, to me it's fine for commuting and general use.

I might buy some Comply T-500 tips but the foam ones it comes with seem fine.

Thanks for everyone above's recommendation on this model!

Jul 31, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #869 of 3,190
- I will use these IEM with my Xiaomi MI5s phone and with my laptop at work. Do you confirm that I will need an amp to get more value from these IEM? If yes (the expected answer), what kind of (portable) amp do you recommend? I read in this thread that the Dragonfly Black would do the work. This would match my budget well, but I also want to make sure that I make the right decision.

Hi Shaka. In my opinion, you don't need an amp for these - their 32 ohm specification means they are perfectly useable on most devices (phones etc.). I'd say try them first before buying one, but sorry I can't help you choose an amp if you decide you want to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back