1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

IMR - R1 Thread

First

Back
100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109
111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120
Next

Last
  1. Immortal
    yes! So at the end you'll have:

2x black
    2x copper
    2x blue
    1x orange
    1x orange MOD
    1x pink
    1x pink MOD (useless)

mdtolic likes this.
  2. nlowran
    could just ask what foam is in the tips and order it, that way you don't have to ruin a set.

3. geagle
    Well, my Zeniths just turned up :) :

IMR Zenith.jpg

Very first impressions (just opened, listened for just a few minutes, so really take these with a LARGE grain of salt) is that they are a bit more refined than the R1s, generally a bit brighter (I use the blue filter on the R1, and the same was a bit too bright for me on the Zenith - and I LIKE bright IEMs - currently using the black one on the Zeniths, and I have not yet tried any of the others), and that the open/close lever has more of an effect than on the R1s... will put them on burn in now, and chime back in once they're "cooked" :).

And yeah, there's 2 cables, one 3.5mm standard TRS, and one 2.5 TRRS (shown) - pins are regular 0.78mm, and normally oriented :) (so using after market cables will be easier )

4. dobis4ever
    Hi,

did anyone get a shipment notification for his R1 zenith or will they be shipped without notification and .... surprise surprise the R1zenith is in the mailbox?

thanks in advance

:ksc75smile:

5. geagle
    I got a notification... notified of having shipped on 4th, arrived today (UK to Italy)

6. JohnRS
    IveI had nothing :triportsad:

7. nlowran
    Be patient, they are worth it!

8. johnsnowboards
    thank you sir. for comparison, which size stock IMR tips did you used to use?

9. davehutch
    I've currently gone back to using the large foam tips in the box. They tend to stay put in my ears a little better. After a few months of use, I found that the memory foam in the Mandarins started to protrude out of the silicon cups and cover up the vent holes in the filters.
    With both of those issues I'm giving the foam tips another go and so far so good.

10. johnsnowboards
    awesome, so it sounds like the Large IMR tips are the same size as the Large Symbio tips, which I would then assume mean that my medium IMR tips would be similar to medium Symbios. I've order the Mediums. thanks

11. davehutch
    I don't know if this will help you but here are two images showing the wide bore Mandarins in Medium and Large, alongside the medium and large foam IMR tips.
    The Mandarins are slightly larger in each case, than the IMR foams, but also shallower.
    One is a bit poor so it's Med Foam (TL), Med Mandarin (TR)
    Large foam (BL), Large Mandarin (BR)
    Medium silicon (IMR) is out to the right of the group
    IMG_5253.JPG
    IMG_5254.JPG

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  12. nlowran
    For those who like the symbios, you can get https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-16-2...TF8&qid=1547572463&sr=8-6&keywords=punch+tool and https://www.amazon.com/Moldex-Soft-Plugs-Pairs-Earplugs-x/dp/B00VTID4KK/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1547572507&sr=8-2&keywords=memory+foam+earplugs&refinements=p_72:2661618011&th=1 or w/e earplug you like and make your own. I don't recommend soaking them in water and freezing them before putting hole in just smoosh it down flat (make sure center is centered) and put the hole in and let it go back to original form and snip to fit!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    mdtolic likes this.
  13. HungryPanda
    I'm in the UK and still waiting

14. Keko123
    I think he will send in order. My pre order was the last day... I will be the last to receive them :sob:

15. nlowran
    You get a notification

First

Back
100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109
111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120
Next

Last