Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 1, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #3,815 of 17,876
Already ordered an order for Avalon. Now listening to BC and thinking about how much better could Dark Matter improve over it. BC as a bass head iem already sounds perfect to me. Ugh, trying to fight the urge haha.

Sep 1, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #3,816 of 17,876
So it seems Avalon is being wiped out. As someone who is coming back after a while form the times of Zenith and Rah and seeing how confident Bob is in Avalon. It will be interesting to see how much IMR has progressed.
Ozar (which is supposed to be the underdog of the actual line) is already a massive leap, i haven’t speak a lot about it, mainly cause I’m out of the haze of buying iems as a mad man, actually there’s a couple of really interesting things coming out this year. Dunu falcon pro and titan (new titan actually looks quite amazing, being open back) fiio fd7 which i might consider… 600 for a pure beryllium driver, that’s quite impressive and of course dark matter and Avalon being Bob’s babies

The thing with imr is that no matter what other things i hear, i always feel at home with em, I became obsessed with double dynamic driver headphones, actually found the ATH cks1100is my end game in a way (though fit is atrocious and i can’t stand the oem cable) but my imr’s always make me use them for weeks without wanting any change.

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #3,817 of 17,876
Since my first pair of IMR, Semper was both a love/hate situation, I am one of those with a fit issue, perhaps not the worst bunch, but they never sit comfortably... So much so I sent them for reshelling into CM, which I am still waiting as they are working on how to transform them into CM while maintaining the sound signature.
Almost pulled the trigger on the Astra, mainly cos of the bone conductor, struggled on them for weeks, then the day I wanted to place order it didn't work, and I found out about Avalon and Dark Matter!
Waited for weeks and as soon as I received IMR email of their release, placed order for the Avalon.
The wait is always a pain, but new toys would fill in between. Besides the semper, waiting on a qdc anole vx cm, as well as a HUM dolores cm. So I believe I will survive the itch before the Avalon arrives.:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #3,818 of 17,876
Ozar (which is supposed to be the underdog of the actual line) is already a massive leap, i haven’t speak a lot about it, mainly cause I’m out of the haze of buying iems as a mad man, actually there’s a couple of really interesting things coming out this year. Dunu falcon pro and titan (new titan actually looks quite amazing, being open back) fiio fd7 which i might consider… 600 for a pure beryllium driver, that’s quite impressive and of course dark matter and Avalon being Bob’s babies

The thing with imr is that no matter what other things i hear, i always feel at home with em, I became obsessed with double dynamic driver headphones, actually found the ATH cks1100is my end game in a way (though fit is atrocious and i can’t stand the oem cable) but my imr’s always make me use them for weeks without wanting any change.
Cant wait to hear them.

I was considering either Avalon or Dark matter when Bob announced it but then i went to ie900 vs Mest MKII conflict. As ie900 was readily available to audition everywhere. I spent a lot of time with them but had to order mest to be sure. And damn i was surprised by its technical ability. Stepping on toes of summit fi toys. So definitely a keeper.

I sold my LX and thought i wont spend multi-k on iems anymore. Aaannd then EE anounced Legend Evo, which goes into preorder tomorrow but will be a <3k iem.

So to control my urge i went and preordered Avalon lol. At least now i have something to look forwards to and keep my cash withe lol. once i can try Evo out and if it really is worth the investment i will just sell Mest, Avalon and my mother in law. And will be happy for another year.

That is the story of my journey to poverty.

Sep 2, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #3,819 of 17,876
Already ordered an order for Avalon. Now listening to BC and thinking about how much better could Dark Matter improve over it. BC as a bass head iem already sounds perfect to me. Ugh, trying to fight the urge haha.

I feel you - really love the BC, although the mids are a bit too recessed for my tastes (coming from Rah), therefore ordered Dark Matter and having high hopes for them for being the endgame basshead IEM (and man, do I love how they look!).
EDIT. Bob just confirmed to me that I'll be happy with the mids on the DM. Oh man, can't wait!

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #3,820 of 17,876
The count of Avalon disappeared. Now it is available to be ordered without any limit!

Sep 2, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #3,822 of 17,876
The count of Avalon disappeared. Now it is available to be ordered without any limit!
I think the first 50 were the orders that are coming with wonderous gifts

Sep 2, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #3,824 of 17,876
I thought
I think the first 50 were the orders that are coming with wonderous gifts
Ok I thought that production will be limited to 50 per year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back