Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 31, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #3,541 of 17,889
@jon parker This is why i love electronic music, this is for you my friend, no games just pure enjoyment filled with glorious emotion. This will mark my last music sharing post to be honest but i look forwards to hearing anyone else's anytime, i am here for the love of the music more than the equipment but that is a super close second. Music is purely emotional to me and the equipment is my physical connection to connect mind and body to soul.

My IEM search is for one that is capable of playing the magnificence of this track as large and room filling as possible and everything else will fall into place, this defines what the Opus system in Crasher was capable of doing, you will either understand this or you wont even without hearing that system.

Plus this track, again, sorry but ya know, not sorry lol...

Jul 31, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #3,542 of 17,889
I added that Clannad track at the bottom of my post. Have you had a chance to listen to it? What do you hear with the Ozar?
Yeah I listened to the Clannad track on Tidal with both my Aten and Ozar. The Aten faithfully reproduces the low end with plenty of rumble at the beginning (even with pink nozzle) while the Ozar is maybe half that (with black nozzle). I feel like the low end is slowly improving on the Ozar though with continued burn-in so I will keep putting them through their paces.

20210731_200924_HDR.jpg

Aug 2, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #3,543 of 17,889
Over the 500 hour mark with the Astra's and recently the low end has thickened up somewhat!!

Aug 4, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #3,545 of 17,889
Bob's earphones remind me of the old Sennheiser IE8 earphones which seemed to take hundreds of hours before the bass settled.

I'm currently switching between the Astra and Elysium, lost track of hours on each but a long way off being fully burned in.

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #3,546 of 17,889
I have finally reached the limits of the R2 Aten, it is quite astonishing how much power they can handle, a true solid workhorse that just plays and plays all day and night without giving in.

B8EFEDC1-3044-4E4A-9F80-05A97528799F.jpeg

This has been my project the past couple of weeks, really happy with the concept which is working out great. There are a few things I need to change but nothing that can not wait now.

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #3,547 of 17,889
I guess the shared sentiment is that these new IEMs take a long time to burn in with somehow reduced bass at the start. Holding my breath until I hit the 500 hour mark on the Ozar too! :)
Totally - I actually meant to write more but been a few tough days! - Just wanted to leave a quick bit of encouragement for anyone worried about the bass
Firstly I suspected there would be a long burn in with the ADLC driver if only because of how rigid and hard they are. Also Bob mentioned a big pistonic action which again I would suspect would take some time to loosen up
Secondly. There is no getting away though from the fact that the new ADLC offer a higher quality bass which practically means bass is a bit tighter, slightly less splashy and more focused....which can easily equate to a perception of being 'less'

Talking of bass - Currently burning in a set of Bass Cannons
Enjoying the Astra reminded me how much I loved the low end qualities of the Aten driver. The BC's have blown me away. What I was looking for was not actually a bombastic bass but a low end that offered a good weight to the low end and over all sound signature. Using the pink/purple lower I got exactly this - REALLY nicely balanced sound - clean, pure, detailed, 3D holographic but with a lovely weight to the over all sound.
But I have to say the Quality of the bass is exceptional - What a special IEM the BC is!!!
The bass is beautiful, rich, controlled but IF the track has an exaggerated bass in the mix then the bass levels really increase
On exceptional recordings such as Rumours by Fleetwood Mac the level of quality the BC's offer is in many ways TOTL stuff
However, giving them less well done music they do punish you for that - This is all after a 100 hours of so. Very much looking forward to the final sound on these

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #3,548 of 17,889

This has been my project the past couple of weeks, really happy with the concept which is working out great. There are a few things I need to change but nothing that can not wait now.
The bluetooth with that dash of red looks cool. Must try the Elan on mine. The Rahs fit well, but the Sempers are uncomfortable when attached.
Beautiful setup.

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #3,549 of 17,889
This has been my project the past couple of weeks, really happy with the concept which is working out great.
Tissue box is empty

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #3,550 of 17,889
The bluetooth with that dash of red looks cool. Must try the Elan on mine. The Rahs fit well, but the Sempers are uncomfortable when attached.
Beautiful setup.

The weird thing with the Red Bluetooth is they sound like the R2 Aten without the volume being low powered but if I amp the Red they sound different and not like an R2 Aten. Ideally I would use the UTWS3 though.
According to Bob’s specs the Elan is way less efficient so they should need more power which the Bluetooth adaptor does not have.

It’s not too shabby a set up considering what is there a whole mismatching plethora of old things I had and hand me downs lol. I laugh at all that just to play those tiny IEM’s when 5 years ago I was one of those who laughed at people when they said they use an amplifier on their IEM’s and how very very wrong I was.

Here I can make it less beautiful though. The horrible too short balanced XLR lol.
C1868E58-71D8-4055-B882-A15D4D3DF485.jpeg

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #3,552 of 17,889
@NellieG That picture has us all in thrall zooming in on the logos and picking it all out :smile_cat:
I hadn’t seen the UTWS+R2Red combo that @Jawis noticed, but I did see the empty tissue box like @jon parker and thought to myself you had indeed taken the Aten all the way and that was the inevitable outcome

But then I read the title of that Youtube video and it says “Grannys special cheese on toast mix” and I’m not so sure anymore :cheese:

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #3,553 of 17,889
Fret not Mr Parker

23ADBC90-DB69-4F71-8AD6-4F337E243029.jpeg

Well that's a relief - Love the juxtaposition of the giant lube bottle with special nozzle
(I haven't left the house for quite some time :/ )

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #3,554 of 17,889
@NellieG That picture has us all in thrall zooming in on the logos and picking it all out :smile_cat:
I hadn’t seen the UTWS+R2Red combo that @Jawis noticed, but I did see the empty tissue box like @jon parker and thought to myself you had indeed taken the Aten all the way and that was the inevitable outcome

But then I read the title of that Youtube video and it says “Grannys special cheese on toast mix” and I’m not so sure anymore :cheese:

ROFL to be fair it’s a great track but arguably made better by the naming of the remix. I edited the pic to make everything a little harder to discern.

Here is what is what, I am in the process of rearranging this room so this is all I can show right now.

642CC37F-1004-47EA-8675-B7973778A075.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back