Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 19, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #3,377 of 17,880
So in which ways, Red and Rah are totally different.
A different answer but out of curiosity, I put my Elysium in to the Cutouts of the RAH case and they fit perfectly so the shells are very similar if not identical. The depths might be different but the size in width and shape are the same.

Jul 19, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #3,379 of 17,880
A different answer but out of curiosity, I put my Elysium in to the Cutouts of the RAH case and they fit perfectly so the shells are very similar if not identical. The depths might be different but the size in width and shape are the same.

What i am looking to find out is the Ozar and Elan shell, are they identical in size and shape to the Aten and Red, or only look similar and are different.

Jul 19, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #3,380 of 17,880
Jul 19, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #3,381 of 17,880
So in which ways, Red and Rah are totally different.

The shell is similar to the R2 shell but reworked for the Elan model along with all new cable. Anyway, according to Bob RAH and Elan are quite similar in size.

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #3,382 of 17,880
So.. ozars are quite something.

@NellieG Shells in the outside are the same, inside (ear inside side) are different, they are ported as the bc and knight. First impressions:

I effin love how they look!!!!!! Hahahhaaha i can't stop looking at em, they seem so elegant and sober. Agh i can't stop admiring em. If I had the cash I would love to buy ellans.

Soundwise

Imr DNA all over the place with an extra something (yet to be defined by burn in)

Red/ purple (bottom top) my combo to go. Bass is lush and detailed with good impact and amazing decay, notes have a bit more weight on this. There's this zenith resemblence in the mids, though my zeniths have a custom filter i made my self and tbh its hard to beat. But still this ones are singing near by them. Did i told you i love the looks? I love the transcients theyll be bass monsters with exceptional decay I'm betting.

I'm looking at my atens... wondering what would happend if someone ... say... me ... swap the grills... just wondering
.. though i would need to paint em black...

Soundstage, it doesnt feel closed, though i can tell it could use some width... however its not lacking. Its definitely not rah soundstage or aten 5... nevertheless it doesnt feel claustrofobic

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #3,383 of 17,880
So.. ozars are quite something.

@NellieG Shells in the outside are the same, inside (ear inside side) are different, they are ported as the bc and knight. First impressions:

I effin love how they look!!!!!! Hahahhaaha i can't stop looking at em, they seem so elegant and sober. Agh i can't stop admiring em. If I had the cash I would love to buy ellans.

Soundwise

Imr DNA all over the place with an extra something (yet to be defined by burn in)

Red/ purple (bottom top) my combo to go. Bass is lush and detailed with good impact and amazing decay, notes have a bit more weight on this. There's this zenith resemblence in the mids, though my zeniths have a custom filter i made my self and tbh its hard to beat. But still this ones are singing near by them. Did i told you i love the looks? I love the transcients theyll be bass monsters with exceptional decay I'm betting.

I'm looking at my atens... wondering what would happend if someone ... say... me ... swap the grills... just wondering
.. though i would need to paint em black...

Soundstage, it doesnt feel closed, though i can tell it could use some width... however its not lacking. Its definitely not rah soundstage or aten 5... nevertheless it doesnt feel claustrofobic

I have been saying for a long time black is the best and those new news are bloody gorgous for sure.

So they are physically the same size inside and outside faces, with them new having a port hole.

Don't swap the grills, black is best, you will lose some black on the screws, it probably will sound worse, i swapped the Aten and Red grills and they are of the same family drivers and neither improved and both were slightly worse. The best way i can describe it is both lost the IMR'ness.

Super interested in that Zenith like mids, i know they get a bad rep but i agree they are brilliant but super picky with what you play them with.

I would love to have both the Ozar and Elan to have all that shell design collection.

Jul 20, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #3,385 of 17,880
Just as you posted, mine arrived. It looks so nice.

Elan! 20210720_122239.jpg

Jul 20, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #3,386 of 17,880
I happen to have the Rah with me at work.
Here's some comparison pics.
The Elan fits perfectly for me 😁
Flushes against ears very nicely!

20210720_122525.jpg20210720_122549.jpg20210720_122822.jpg20210720_123001.jpg

Jul 20, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #3,387 of 17,880
Anyone has the EDP+? After 180 h burn in, they have excellent sound quality, but I still feel that treble extension and resolution are not great compared with my FiiO FH7. I use the grey plus blue filter combo, other combos increase bass but decrease more the treble and mid resolution...

Jul 20, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #3,388 of 17,880
Jul 20, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #3,389 of 17,880
I happen to have the Rah with me at work.
Here's some comparison pics.
The Elan fits perfectly for me 😁
Flushes against ears very nicely!

Elan looks to have a better fit.

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #3,390 of 17,880
Anyone has the EDP+? After 180 h burn in, they have excellent sound quality, but I still feel that treble extension and resolution are not great compared with my FiiO FH7. I use the grey plus blue filter combo, other combos increase bass but decrease more the treble and mid resolution...

Try keeping the blue top filter and the grey lower is still high up on the bass level, try going down the lower bass levels as per the guide chart to decrease bass then turn up the volume to increase high end amplitude and to bring the bass back to where you like it with the grey lower, if you then start getting unpleasant peaks in the upper registers then drop down the upper filter through the scale. Do all this one at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back