Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 22, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #2,854 of 17,708
I got the Elysium yesterday too. Burning them in but they impressed me a lot out of the box.
Alright, can't wait to hear your impressions in the days to come. Mine have left Heathrow but I wont get any more tracking updates until they're delivered. There's a black hole between Royal Mail and Canada Post. Somehow, CP feeds the status "Delivered" back to RM but that's all .... so they are somewhere in this country now waiting to be processed by customs and released to CP for delivery.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #2,856 of 17,708
Alright, can't wait to hear your impressions in the days to come. Mine have left Heathrow but I wont get any more tracking updates until their delivered. There's a black hole between Royal Mail and Canada Post. Somehow, CP feeds the status "Delivered" back to RM but that's all .... so they are somewhere in this country now waiting to be processed by customs and released to CP for delivery.
i find it usually takes about 3 weeks from leaving royal mail to my door.

Jun 22, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #2,857 of 17,708
For those with the bc. Open or closed back I don't have anything to make the change so interested in what people think
Open back makes the sound more relaxe, smooth. Basses are more airy. Closed back makes things more intimate. Basses gain control and increase the soundstage because of better isolation too. You can test on applying a sticker.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #2,858 of 17,708
i find it usually takes about 3 weeks from leaving royal mail to my door.
I'll wish both of us luck for a speedy release. Over the years, I've been hitting about 10 days from Heathrow to Door Vancouver whether IMR or Audio Concierge. This CV thing as impacted it a bit. but I'm still hopeful for delivery sometime between Friday and Wednesday next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #2,859 of 17,708
Yeah but it has to be prepared at the post office before going on to the next area - In your case I would think the main Royal Mail distribution hub just next too Heathrow airport. So I would very much hope we would get an update / scan in the next couple of days. Im sure they will arrive soon-ish. Just a pain when its something so amazeballs ! :D
I do hope so, last time he (Bob) Used parcel monkey, the EDPs sound so great I can't wait on the ASTRAS.

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #2,861 of 17,708
A couple of bits of info from Bob about EDP+

"The main difference in the CNT version is detail retrieval and placement are better and bass can hit very low when required. My best analogy would be that the larger CNT ADLC presents like a multi driver unit and presents in a way usually reserved for multi driver setups."

"The clarity is up as you are experiencing, the bass is wound back from a typical IMR model but once run in they even out very nicely. They do favour warmer sources"

(He also mentioned his unit was way over 200+ hours - probably nearer 500+ hours in terms of burn in)

NB: Mine are now well over 200 hours and are super smooth with a very nice balance. Sometimes the sub bass has a profound quality to it and is just right
BUT I found a set of custom filter that I had for a while and when I put then on the sound was instantly perfect for me - warm bodied and quite rich - similar in some ways to the Opus Mia - VERY balanced.
Unfortunately they were one of filters but what it does mean is how very tuneable the EDP+ is
In fact once burned in the differences between every filter lower and upper was quite noticeable
reminded me of some of the headphones I used to mod years ago - Could be a lot of fun tuning your own filters - There are loads of different bits of foam around :)

I did find a particular combo that gave the most insane 3d holograph sound...but I cant remember ): - red/pink maybe???

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #2,862 of 17,708
Another Elysium owner here. Mind turned up a few days back, and have been giving them a good listen with the reference filter setup.

Sold my Rah and PB One not long ago, but I think the Elysium is a worthy successor to Bob's planar line. Fit and finish is the best, and think these might well take the crown off the Opus Mia and Semper as my favourite IMR model.

Will post proper impressions in a few more days.

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #2,863 of 17,708
Another Elysium owner here. Mind turned up a few days back, and have been giving them a good listen with the reference filter setup.

Sold my Rah and PB One not long ago, but I think the Elysium is a worthy successor to Bob's planar line. Fit and finish is the best, and think these might well take the crown off the Opus Mia and Semper as my favourite IMR model.

Will post proper impressions in a few more days.
Nice! that's a big statement. I had my rah turned into a CIEM and it'll be tough to beat but I'm looking forward to it happening.

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #2,864 of 17,708
A couple of bits of info from Bob about EDP+

"The main difference in the CNT version is detail retrieval and placement are better and bass can hit very low when required. My best analogy would be that the larger CNT ADLC presents like a multi driver unit and presents in a way usually reserved for multi driver setups."

"The clarity is up as you are experiencing, the bass is wound back from a typical IMR model but once run in they even out very nicely. They do favour warmer sources"

(He also mentioned his unit was way over 200+ hours - probably nearer 500+ hours in terms of burn in)

NB: Mine are now well over 200 hours and are super smooth with a very nice balance. Sometimes the sub bass has a profound quality to it and is just right
BUT I found a set of custom filter that I had for a while and when I put then on the sound was instantly perfect for me - warm bodied and quite rich - similar in some ways to the Opus Mia - VERY balanced.
Unfortunately they were one of filters but what it does mean is how very tuneable the EDP+ is
In fact once burned in the differences between every filter lower and upper was quite noticeable
reminded me of some of the headphones I used to mod years ago - Could be a lot of fun tuning your own filters - There are loads of different bits of foam around :)

I did find a particular combo that gave the most insane 3d holograph sound...but I cant remember ): - red/pink maybe???
Has the treble response of the EDP+ improved after 200 h burn-in? Mine has been playing during 48 h and it has better bass and mids in terms of detail, but treble is only a bit better in extension...voices sound really impressive in detail and realism

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #2,865 of 17,708
Has the treble response of the EDP+ improved after 200 h burn-in? Mine has been playing during 48 h and it has better bass and mids in terms of detail, but treble is only a bit better in extension...voices sound really impressive in detail and realism

Im going to give them at least 300 hrs burn before I give anything like a definitive opinion... but I have no issues at all with the treble so its hard for me say anything about it really - just listening now and its about as perfect as I could hope for [all be it within its character]
I think vocals are always going to sound particularly clear which is part of the sound signature / tuning - They sound like a top of the range 'Digital'' version of the OM's Electrostatic drivers
The Sony Dap i use is warm ish but rich. My 'travel' DAP has a couple of ESS Sabre dac chips which a a nice energy that seems to suit them
I would NOT want to use the EDP+ with a neutral or more clinical sounding DAP
They remind me a bit of the famous AKG 500 / 501 - Stunning for what they do well
The EDP+ certainly have type or character of sound which in general means they are going to really suite some people
I went back to my Opus Mia last night and was surprised at the level and depth of the low end ! (compared the EDP+)
I think they are a great pair, one emphasising a great low end and other a great mid / highs experience...roughly speaking!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back