Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 19, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #2,806 of 17,705
I'm pretty sure the snapdragon chipset on the DX300 supports Dolby Atmos, maybe it's a case of waiting for Ibasso to implement. Not in a hurry as I've got a couple of hundred hours of burn in to go!

Switched back to the lower grey/blue upper combo this evening, finding vocals on some tracks a bit harsh at times, as mentioned earlier this should even out though.

Probably easier buying yourself a piece of fruit like an apple to get it all working or use a computer.

Skip the vocal music and stick to the electronic genres and embrace the IMR fun.

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #2,807 of 17,705
Probably easier buying yourself a piece of fruit like an apple to get it all working or use a computer.

Skip the vocal music and stick to the electronic genres and embrace the IMR fun.
I'm used to the IMR ride with each new product lol

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #2,809 of 17,705
I think the PB2 is the neutral/reference IEM that bob tries to do?

Thats right - I forgot - Thats also what he said ! :D

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #2,810 of 17,705
So is this now the general IMR thread? We should change the title , no?

Jun 19, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #2,813 of 17,705
I think so. :) A general thread is more convenient I think.

Here are the rules of the game.

1. All I need is the title you wish to see pop into your notifications inserted into “open quote close quote” marks.
2. Any suggestions not on quotation marks shall be hung, drawn and quartered.
3. What you put in those quotes will be exactly what the title shall be changed to.
4. First to enter wins.

Jun 19, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #2,814 of 17,705
"IMR Pro Audio: Sonic Adventures & Impressions"

Jun 19, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #2,817 of 17,705
We have a winner, congratulations. Something will definitely be arriving in the post as your prize. whooooooo
Woo Hoo🎉🎊🎆🎇🍾🍻 it's been a decade since I was this excited. At least till next week when the Elysium arrive

Jun 20, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #2,819 of 17,705
What differences do you hear in comparison to the "open" plate?

I really dig the BCs - keep listening to them almost every possible hour in the office :wink: The only thing missing coming from Rah are the more forward mids, therefore I bumbed the 1k region by 3db - basically solved the "issue" for me (maybe with burn in they will open up a bit more).
Bass is obviously phenomenal, but I still can't believe how good the highs are. I'm extremally sensitive to piercing highs and sibilants (hence always the the gold top), but although these are a lot more extended than Rahs, they're still not harsh at all!
Honestly I didn't take immediate note of big changes. The only thing I remember was that I was expecting the bass to become overpowering with the plate switch, but it wasn't the case. I'm not one to be able to recall the subtle differences in sound from something I had listened to prior, I would need to swap them and listen to compare again.

Jun 20, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #2,820 of 17,705
LZ5WXKE.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back