Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 19, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #2,791 of 17,709
I think its one of those things that's a bit confused or at times misused 'out there' - Reference and neutral is what I buy and use for editing / mastering audio - Not something I would use to enjoy music with
but Audiophile is what Im looking for when I want a perfectly replicated tonality, with some warmth, body, rich or better to say buttery smooth natural sounding mids and highs that disappear - to put it another way - I kinda wanna hear what I experience with live music

Audiophile [for me] means Im listening to the music AND the details and tonalities of the instruments
Non Audiophiles you could call music lovers? as they tend to simply enjoy the music (while still of course appreciating quality)

What do ya'll think ?

EDIt: Bob told he would never make a neutral / reference IEM !!

I am a music lover, the music comes first but i do also have the audiophile tendancies to like really enjoy the music in all it's magnificent glory. I am looking for the live experience too but do not need the absolute perfect tonality and timbre, close enough is good enough.

My order is
Musicphile
Gearphile (sort of, i like creating random systems and not necessarily uber high end equipment, i enjoy the touchy feely aspect of music listening)
Audiophile

Let's all hope he keeps having it large.

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #2,792 of 17,709
It's not just me then, very brave of him to include the word that we do not speak of lol.
You mean Volde..?😂

I would have gone Bass Cannon for the 5th gen Aten but the shape is not suitable for me and i know the ''Aten'' shell does work but i know bob changes the shape to the shown images so what is changing on the Elan's shape?
It's the IMR R1 shell I think. I have never try it. But I trust Bob.
I like the single driver though for their general coherency and then hoping the bone motor will add the realism in the stage.
You are right.
I also figured out i can live with a little width in the stage but i need lots of depth and height.
If you love depth, I think the IMR planar will suits you.

Jun 19, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #2,793 of 17,709
Has anybody tried Apple Music and especially the Dolby Atmos with the Bone Conduction as of yet.

I have tried various and most of the streaming services and i am usually left feeling very underwhelmed and contrary to public opinion i generally get vastly more enjoyment by using Youtube/Music. I'm not interested in numbers so i can say i am listening to the best, i actually listen and decide what sounds the best to me based on the level of my emotional connection to the music.

So i have again tried using Apple Music on another free trial to try out the Dolby Atmos and, well, colour me impressed. It to me sounds better on wired DAC connections as well as bluetooth and how i imagine the Bone Conductors to add i feel i am getting from Apple Music so if the Bone Conduction can add to this then i would be in heaven.

I've been using Apple Music on my DX300 however it doesn't support Dolby Atmos, no option to enable it. However it is supported on my Samsung S21 but I have no dongle/dac to connect Elysium to phone!

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #2,794 of 17,709
You mean Volde..?😂
Nailed it lol

It's the IMR R1 shell I think. I have never try it. But I trust Bob.
It's the R2 Aten and Red shell which i have both, the R1 shell had the large open/close port, the R1 Zenith has the small screw open/close port which i also have. I mainly use the Aten now and then PB1 when i am not listening to electronic music and the depth then becomes more important.

If you love depth, I think the IMR planar will suits you.
Yes absolutely, i have the PB1, had the Rah before that, had the OG EDP and the Semper. I love the gen 5 Aten in the Semper and the Planar in there.

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #2,795 of 17,709
I am a music lover, the music comes first but i do also have the audiophile tendancies to like really enjoy the music in all it's magnificent glory. I am looking for the live experience too but do not need the absolute perfect tonality and timbre, close enough is good enough.
I am looking for very engaging and bests details as possible. The rest is optional.
My order is
Musicphile
Gearphile (sort of, i like creating random systems and not necessarily uber high end equipment, i enjoy the touchy feely aspect of music listening)
Audiophile
That's great. For me, the bass is the first thing that conduct my choices. I am a very basshead.
Let's all hope he keeps having it large.
Yep, keep body shaking.

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #2,796 of 17,709
I've been using Apple Music on my DX300 however it doesn't support Dolby Atmos, no option to enable it. However it is supported on my Samsung S21 but I have no dongle/dac to connect Elysium to phone!

As far as i am aware you don't need to enable anything or have a device which supports it, you just listen to the Dolby Atmos files and it works as the track is mastered to sound spatial rather than needing to decode as in a cinema surround system.

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #2,799 of 17,709
As far as i am aware you don't need to enable anything or have a device which supports it, you just listen to the Dolby Atmos files and it works as the track is mastered to sound spatial rather than needing to decode as in a cinema surround system.

On the Apple Music app on the DX300 there is no option for Dolby Atmos in the settings, however there is on my S21 app settings.

I don't know if this is because I'm using APK beta's of the Apple music app, the beta version on the play store is no longer open to new downloads and the new Dolby Atmos and Spatial sound is only on the beta at the moment.

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #2,800 of 17,709
I think its one of those things that's a bit confused or at times misused 'out there' - Reference and neutral is what I buy and use for editing / mastering audio - Not something I would use to enjoy music with
but Audiophile is what Im looking for when I want a perfectly replicated tonality, with some warmth, body, rich or better to say buttery smooth natural sounding mids and highs that disappear - to put it another way - I kinda wanna hear what I experience with live music

Audiophile [for me] means Im listening to the music AND the details and tonalities of the instruments
Non Audiophiles you could call music lovers? as they tend to simply enjoy the music (while still of course appreciating quality)
I already gives my audiophile description.😁 But I think in general, it means an analogue sound that gets closer to the best reality as possible. I used to listen to the technical side of music, but I abandoned it because I would loose the fun part that I prefer. I am not a pure audio engineer or producteur 😅 but when I buy some new stuff, I still have to concentrate on the technical part.
What do ya'll think ?

EDIt: Bob told he would never make a neutral / reference IEM !!

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #2,801 of 17,709
Can't you use the dx300 as a dac connected to the samsung that can play apple music?
I probably could but don't think I have an OTG cable.

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #2,802 of 17,709
On the Apple Music app on the DX300 there is no option for Dolby Atmos in the settings, however there is on my S21 app settings.

I don't know if this is because I'm using APK beta's of the Apple music app, the beta version on the play store is no longer open to new downloads and the new Dolby Atmos and Spatial sound is only on the beta at the moment.

Yes on my iphone i just realised i did turn on Dolby Atmos now you have jogged my memory, (memory is very sucky) I can't recall if i did anything in settings in itunes on my PC though and i am currently listening to a live stream on youtube and if i try to open and use itunes my laptop won't be able to cope and then it will be very unhappy, i will be unhappy and being unhappy is sucky. Non of this would help you either so here we are...

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #2,804 of 17,709
Yes on my iphone i just realised i did turn on Dolby Atmos now you have jogged my memory, (memory is very sucky) I can't recall if i did anything in settings in itunes on my PC though and i am currently listening to a live stream on youtube and if i try to open and use itunes my laptop won't be able to cope and then it will be very unhappy, i will be unhappy and being unhappy is sucky. Non of this would help you either so here we are...
Apple witchcraft. 💩🤯🤪😂
it was the apple that drove eve and Adam mad.🤪😂

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #2,805 of 17,709

I'm pretty sure the snapdragon chipset on the DX300 supports Dolby Atmos, maybe it's a case of waiting for Ibasso to implement. Not in a hurry as I've got a couple of hundred hours of burn in to go!

Switched back to the lower grey/blue upper combo this evening, finding vocals on some tracks a bit harsh at times, as mentioned earlier this should even out though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back