Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 18, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #2,746 of 17,893
I might try to buy the Elan due to the genre of music I like to hear. Bob told me realism is spectacular with this set.

Jun 18, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #2,747 of 17,893
So, new Driver Tech, same IMR experience. Excellent. Further evidence that something magnificent is being refined. Like an exquisite Bordeaux that needs to be decanted and just aerate a while to let all that complexity and fullness open up. I've got lots of experience with miniaturized planars now and 300 is the number I keep coming up with... They sound great after about 150 but really blossom at about the 300 hr mark....

It's the full IMR experience on the shipping front too. I was expecting a tracking number the end of May knowing it would not be until the 1st week of June, which was eventually confirmed and communicated by Bob as per usual procedure. Finally got a tracking number 2 weeks after that (this Tuesday) but post office only scanned it in today (friday) ..... so everything is normal. Shipping 3 to 4 weeks later than expected. OK, I promised myself, I wouldn't let this bug me.... But I just can't help it. Great IEMs awful fulfillment.
Deleted

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #2,748 of 17,893
The only way to get it right is to pad with considerable margin, and that is tough for creators (and sometimes customers). Just saying...
That's fair enough BUT its the stella service UNTIL it comes to actual shipping and the sudden lack of any transparency or realistic dates

As Ive said before -

"Knight, BC, EDP+, Opus Melius, Astra Ultraque and Elysium will be packed up over the 2nd/3rd June and then shipped. As usual we will upload your tracking and email you with those details . As we have almost 1000 shipments it will take a few days to upload all tracking"

But then nothing at all for TWO weeks
edit: (relates to Astra for me - received the EDP+ last Friday)

This is what irks me no end
Bob should know full well he has the support of his buyers, much more so than normal so why does this happen?
We will get our IEMs in due course no doubt... but,
well lets just say this is an area that Bob can and does need to improve :)

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #2,749 of 17,893
That's fair enough BUT its the stella service UNTIL it comes to actual shipping and the sudden lack of any transparency or realistic dates

As Ive said before -

"Knight, BC, EDP+, Opus Melius, Astra Ultraque and Elysium will be packed up over the 2nd/3rd June and then shipped. As usual we will upload your tracking and email you with those details . As we have almost 1000 shipments it will take a few days to upload all tracking"

But then nothing at all for TWO weeks
edit: (relates to Astra for me - received the EDP+ last Friday)

This is what irks me no end
Bob should know full well he has the support of his buyers, much more so than normal so why does this happen?
We will get our IEMs in due course no doubt... but,
well lets just say this is an area that Bob can and does need to improve :)
Don't get me wrong. I am certain that for such a small clientele Bob could be much more high touch in communication. I was commenting that it is very hard to predict schedules.

Jun 18, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #2,750 of 17,893
Don't get me wrong. I am certain that for such a small clientele Bob could be much more high touch in communication. I was commenting that it is very hard to predict schedules.
Got ya, that's a good point.
No biggy really #firstworldproblems - He just needs to communicate better in this last shipping stage :)
We all want the best for him :D

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #2,751 of 17,893
I understand that it's not easy for him. But I wonder why he choses parcelforce instead of dhl that works better. With parcelforce it's like having the 15£ shipment from royal mail. Please, Bob, return to DHL. It's the best service for 35£ shipment.

Jun 19, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #2,752 of 17,893
Elysium here this morning

20210619_091014.jpg

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #2,754 of 17,893
Jun 19, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #2,755 of 17,893
I can't even track my package yet. Does anybody have the same issue? I ordered my Astra Ultraque with international Royal Mail delivery.

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #2,756 of 17,893
I can't even track my package yet. Does anybody have the same issue? I ordered my Astra Ultraque with international Royal Mail delivery.
He posted a load at the end of this week just gone past. So I think they will start updated the tracking numbers on Monday. It always takes them a while to get through the shipping so nothing to worry about. They will be on the way very soon if not already

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #2,757 of 17,893
He posted a load at the end of this week just gone past. So I think they will start updated the tracking numbers on Monday. It always takes them a while to get through the shipping so nothing to worry about. They will be on the way very soon if not already
I received my tracking info, but the tracking number just shows an error.

Jun 19, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #2,758 of 17,893
I received my tracking info, but the tracking number just shows an error.

Thats normal - it means that either A, he has printed the label at home and will hand deliver the parcel on Monday OR (more likely) It takes 1-2 days for the first scan. For example - it leaves the LOCAL post office - gets to the main sorting office, then goes to Heathrow Airport sorting office. Its quite possible it get get its first trackable scan at Heathrow

Anyway - its normal to show error / not found for day 1 or 2 :D

Oh and WELCOME to the Head fi forums :) x

Jun 19, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #2,759 of 17,893
Been listening to the Elysium for over an hour and think Bob may have surpassed other models with this. Now I know that it's way too early too even begin to think about overall thoughts however early signs are very positive.

Build quality is excellent and the inclusion of 3 cables is excellent value. I'm using the 4.4mm option plugged into my Ibasso DX300.
Using the large orange tips, normally plump for mediums but the fit seems just a little different on the Elysium and needed the large. Tried the reference combo initially then the grey/blue combo. Currently settled on the black/blue combo.

The one thing I've noticed so far is the bass response at this very early stage of burn-in is not as present as previous IMR models, don't get me wrong it's there but not as strong. Using the reference combo the sound was a little tinny, never had that with previous models, even at this stage of burn in.
Detail and soundstage is very good so far, the bone conduction driver does make a difference, difficult to explain the effect but it works.
Like I say though, take with a very large pinch of salt, still at least 199 hours before fully cooked.

Jun 19, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #2,760 of 17,893
Thanks for your early impressions and the pics. Indeed it's hard to say how that bass will develop compared to previous Aten drivers but I'm looking forward to going on this journey with you amd I'm hopeful based on your early impressions. Mine just got scanned in at Heathrow so I guess I'm about a week away.
Based on your pics they look pretty large, not so much in width but definitely depth. Would you mind commenting on size, fit and how much they protrude from ear ear? Also with the Bone Conduction I can imagine some kind of a hogrphic stage, are you experiencing anything like that?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back