Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 9, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #3,616 of 17,893
Am i allowed to simultaneously ask any Bone Conduction owners how this plays :L3000: whilst also using it as an excuse to share my music lol :deadhorse:

Currently using the Zenith and frankly this set, it has never sounded better than it has right now and i am almost there with the right amount of crowd noise mixed into the audio and i can only imagine what the bone conduction would add but you would need to listen first without bone conduction as to not confuse the crowd recording ambience as bone conduction magic.

Alright, I took you up on it. Just listened with my RAHs for about 20 Minutes and as you'd expect all the vesceral bass is there then I switched over to Astra and it's all RAH with an added 3D Effect - like you can feel the sound pulsing in at the ears' opening - difficult to describe, holographic isn't the word, but you can actually hear and feel the depth and the width entering your ears - not in anyway uncomfortable but very real. I'm sure it's the BC doing that.

Aug 9, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #3,618 of 17,893
Alright, I took you up on it. Just listened with my RAHs for about 20 Minutes and as you'd expect all the vesceral bass is there then I switched over to Astra and it's all RAH with an added 3D Effect - like you can feel the sound pulsing in at the ears' opening - difficult to describe, holographic isn't the word, but you can actually hear and feel the depth and the width entering your ears - not in anyway uncomfortable but very real. I'm sure it's the BC doing that.
How is Astras tonality compared to Rah?
Bass texture, mids? Any peaks in treble?

Aug 9, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #3,620 of 17,893
This line from Bob's mail struck a chord with me as I was thinking how I have felt like this lately especially after deciding between the Astra & Mest2 & selling the latter. No more copious amounts of a & b'ing & can just enjoy the music again.

"It has taken me quite some time to fully understand what I want from a in-ear monitor and feel quite a sense of calm and satisfaction now."

I'm happy with what I have and there is even more to come.

@NellieG you into metal? Cool if so. Hope that Seb Bach vid had something to do with it lol. Listening to those metal tracks had me listening to more. I love this album but it is very picky about what setups it sounds good on & can sound like a mess.

I dont own much that that album sounds good on headphone wise (needs speakers & deaf neighbours really) but I think for metal the best for me is one of Bob's planars. PB1, Elysium or Semper. They all have lush mids and the planars are as deep as the electros are wide. That & the layers they reveal just works for metal.
Listening to it on the Elysium now is the best I've heard it.

The Elysium lacks the insta wow of the Astra but I do love them for what they do well & for 'critical listening' for rock or metal especially older stuff I find myself putting them in over the Astra.

Crazy thing is how everything else sounds like it's lacking something after listening to the Astra for a while. Even the Semper needs a bit of time to show itself after getting used to the Astra. They really are something else.

I still want a CNT, Planar, Electro & BC mash up.

Aug 9, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #3,621 of 17,893
Bob said that's not happening so it is basically as good as confirmed it is happening lol. He even double downed with a firm NO, so probably be here sooner than we realise LMAO.

@NellieG you into metal? Cool if so. Hope that Seb Bach vid had something to do with it lol.
I love all kinds of music but i just usually need life in the music or a soul, major keys help a lot too. I honestly can not recall that vid, if it is in the last batch you sent i honestly have not listened to them due to the huge trance surge i was on, it dominated everything for a fair long while.

Aug 9, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #3,622 of 17,893
Now you're talking! I guess that's what @NellieG refers to as Amazeballs .... and as she says above, Bob say's no, so I'll add a +1 for the waiting list and start saving.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #3,623 of 17,893
I love this album but it is very picky about what setups it sounds good on & can sound like a mess.

I dont own much that that album sounds good on headphone wise (needs speakers & deaf neighbours really) but I think for metal the best for me is one of Bob's planars. PB1
Challenge accepted....
Confirmed about the planar and this album, Xelastec tips and a de-memory wire cable has transformed from being unuseable into the same excitement you feel when they first arrive.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #3,624 of 17,893
Now you're talking! I guess that's what NellieG refers to as Amazeballs .... and as she says above, Bob say's no, so I'll add a +1 for the waiting list and start saving.

LMAO again

Tis true, it's full name was Opus Amazeballs but then became the Babylon, i feel a new name is now required, time to have a brain storm

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #3,625 of 17,893
i feel a new name is now required, time to have a brain storm
Ok so i admit this does not have the beauty of rolling off the tongue to it unless you read the description but that said it could be a slow grower lol.

• Phoebus Apollo​

Usually just called Apollo. A son of Zeus and Leto and Artemis’s twin, he is the god of Light and Truth, the master of Poetry and Music, and the god of Archery. His Oracle at Delphi is revered for her powers of prophecy and truth.

Then i think this tops everything

Shiva is also considered as the God of Gods. The existence which represents infinity itself. He is the supreme masculine divinity in this universe and is lord of the three worlds (Vishwanath) and is second to none in wrath and power. Sarvaripati Shiva is one of the most fearsome manifestation of the supreme God.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #3,626 of 17,893
How is Astras tonality compared to Rah?
Bass texture, mids? Any peaks in treble?
Hey Skullar. I'd say the tonality is similar, but it really is hard for me to say since I've converted my RAHs to CIEM. Bass texture is remarkably similar. I think @roygbiv6 nailed it when he said
They all have lush mids and the planars are as deep as the electros are wide. That & the layers they reveal
The RAH has more depth in the mids because of that planar but after I've had the Astra in for a few minutes, I dont miss it. They are really nicely balanced. As for the treble, I like treble extension and sparkle as much as I like bass depth and layering and the Astra deliver the treble in spades. To my ears, there are no peaks and no sibilance but tips make a BIG difference here. For me, once the newness of the them wears off, I think I'll use them for critical listening. I've been enjoying them for the last 2 weeks almost exclusively while letting them burn when not in my ear. They somewhere between 200 and 220 hours now and I really like them but they're not allrounders. As said before and as noted by @cleg they are not a forgiving IEM. Poorly recorded or mastered recording can sound splashy or even thin.... whereas with the RAH I can listen to just about anything with them. Having said that, with all the detail and the staging produced by the BC they're special.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #3,627 of 17,893
I think I'll use them for critical listening

whereas with the RAH I can listen to just about anything with them

Perfect combo and a needed one, listening to any music to me is essential and i do not wish to limit to only the hi res and the smaller music library that comes with that.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #3,628 of 17,893
Ok so i admit this does not have the beauty of rolling off the tongue to it unless you read the description but that said it could be a slow grower lol.

• Phoebus Apollo​

Usually just called Apollo. A son of Zeus and Leto and Artemis’s twin, he is the god of Light and Truth, the master of Poetry and Music, and the god of Archery. His Oracle at Delphi is revered for her powers of prophecy and truth.

Then i think this tops everything

Shiva is also considered as the God of Gods. The existence which represents infinity itself. He is the supreme masculine divinity in this universe and is lord of the three worlds (Vishwanath) and is second to none in wrath and power. Sarvaripati Shiva is one of the most fearsome manifestation of the supreme God.

nice, I like the name 'Sarasvati' - Goddess of Music and the consort of the Buddha of Wisdom, Manjushri
Just look at her face - she KNOWS ! :)

1628551946360.jpeg

I imagine meeting her and she saying 'oh so you play guitar...have you heard this chord'
and then she plays a single chord that reveals all the secrets of the universe!! :D

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #3,629 of 17,893
nice, I like the name 'Sarasvati' - Goddess of Music and the consort of the Buddha of Wisdom, Manjushri

I imagine meeting her and she saying 'oh so you play guitar...have you heard this chord'
and then she plays a single chord that reveals all the secrets of the universe!! :D

Noice !!!!

This is your bestest everest post.

she plays a single chord that reveals all the secrets of the universe!! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back