Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 6, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #3,571 of 17,892
This is not contrary to what i may have said in a previous post but if Carlsberg made music for IEM's this will wake up any IEM, probably.

15 minutes in onwards, the first 15 is just warming up, maybe good for some brain burn in time. I am essentially on Black nozzle, no idea which filter on the R2 Aten and -15db on the lows on my mixer which if i recall is targeted at either 70hz or 100hz, i forget which way around it is between the channel for music and the microphone channel, SE into mixer from DAC, balanced output from the mixer to THX 789 amp, balanced output of amp into R2 Aten, gain 2 @ 2 o'clock volume and it is the most Semper like i can achieve.
02E72D8B-E4FA-455C-9BAE-52A2A45A4154.jpeg

Aug 6, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #3,573 of 17,892
Now you're talking my language, Nellie! Up the Irons! Sounds great through my Reds.

Fluency in many languages is a skill i have, Metal is not one of them but i do love it, i very much welcome a little Metal language lesson though.

I say this as you are not the first and won't be the last either so i am not singling you out, and i am laughing when i type this out, why do you all call me Nellie, it is NellieG 🤔🤭😋

Aug 6, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #3,575 of 17,892
Fluency in many languages is a skill i have, Metal is not one of them but i do love it, i very much welcome a little Metal language lesson though.

I say this as you are not the first and won't be the last either so i am not singling you out, and i am laughing when i type this out, why do you all call me Nellie, it is NellieG 🤔🤭😋
Sorry about that. I'll blame auto-correct, NellieG. :scream:

You can't really beat Iron Maiden,IMO, but I'll try to see if I can find anything that might fit in with your usual fare. The last Anthrax album (For All Kings) also sounds glorious through my Reds.

Can I ask what the glorious flashy unit on the left of your setup is?

Aug 6, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #3,576 of 17,892
Sorry about that. I'll blame auto-correct, NellieG. :scream:

You can't really beat Iron Maiden,IMO, but I'll try to see if I can find anything that might fit in with your usual fare. The last Anthrax album (For All Kings) also sounds glorious through my Reds.

Can I ask what the glorious flashy unit on the left of your setup is?
No apologies needed I just found it funny and thought to ask.

That is another solid workhorse a Pioneer DJM600 mixer.

Honestly I like so many different styles of music so no need to find something that fits your perception of my music. I listen to everything that is shared here so it’s all good to try anything and everything. I think Iron Maiden does fit my tastes in general and Metallica but love hearing what music drives other people to invest in this hobby like a crazy person.

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #3,579 of 17,892
No apologies needed I just found it funny and thought to ask.

That is another solid workhorse a Pioneer DJM600 mixer.

Honestly I like so many different styles of music so no need to find something that fits your perception of my music. I listen to everything that is shared here so it’s all good to try anything and everything. I think Iron Maiden does fit my tastes in general and Metallica but love hearing what music drives other people to invest in this hobby like a crazy person.
I love the mixer, mine is not as sophisticated as yours. It is an old workhorse, which served me well, from Tandy! Many, many gigs later, it is now gathering dust in the basement.

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #3,580 of 17,892
I love the mixer, mine is not as sophisticated as yours. It is an old workhorse, which served me well, from Tandy! Many, many gigs later, it is now gathering dust in the basement.
Awesome, go dust it off !!!
Mine is a never been gigged or "abused" (much, honest). I have a Pioneer DJM 250 also.

I like mine but really i would like an Allen & Heath Xone 92, but beyond that as my end game i want the Rane MP2015, both have their pros and cons, i think and to put it in perspective, it is the same dilemma choosing between Dark Matter and Avalon as it is between those 2 mixers.

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #3,581 of 17,892
Just got the email from Bob we have all been waiting for.
Here's my response to him as an Open Letter To Bob:

Bob,

First of all Congratulations on a race that has been so well run! We applaud as you embark on the next leg of the journey. Thank you for bringing us along

Know this, and I mean REALLY KNOW THIS

You are well respected, highly valued and greatly loved by the community you have fostered through unthinkable innovation, the highest of standard and the pinnacle of integrity.

Just as you say thank you to all of us, we say THANK YOU to you and wish nothing but the greatest of success for you and IMR moving forward.

Aug 6, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #3,582 of 17,892
Just got the email from Bob we have all been waiting for.
Here's my response to him as an Open Letter To Bob:

Bob,

First of all Congratulations on a race that has been so well run! We applaud as you embark on the next leg of the journey. Thank you for bringing us along

Know this, and I mean REALLY KNOW THIS

You are well respected, highly valued and greatly loved by the community you have fostered through unthinkable innovation, the highest of standard and the pinnacle of integrity.

Just as you say thank you to all of us, we say THANK YOU to you and wish nothing but the greatest of success for you and IMR moving forward.

110% agree

If it wasn't for Bob I would not be one of a tiny handful of super fortunate people sitting on the top of the mountain of audio excellence - Mt. TOTLEndgame
A journey many of us embark on and yet never in a 100 years believe will actually reach the destination :)

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #3,583 of 17,892
Still waiting on the Babylon though. I can not decide between Avalon and Dark Matter on the hearsay of the driver set ups and Bob being blown away with the unique signatures so seriously hoping to purchase both provided it is not anytime soon, imagine all you relentless souls purchasing them all for this year and then having to wait until next year, ugghhhh lol.

Aug 6, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #3,584 of 17,892
The last Anthrax album (For All Kings) also sounds glorious through my Reds.

So far this checks out legit, not too hardcore death metal blurrrrrrr aaarrrggghhhhhh vocals and lyrics, still legible and musical and energetic. More Metal than Iron Maiden but close enough to the Hard Rock/Metal boundary but can certainly do more metal. I am not a biker yet but i have really been looking into it and this music obviously goes hand in hand with that scene. I also used to be into the Punk Metal sort of scene in the care free youth days of the extreme sports scene.

Aug 6, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #3,585 of 17,892
Still waiting on the Babylon though. I can not decide between Avalon and Dark Matter on the hearsay of the driver set ups and Bob being blown away with the unique signatures so seriously hoping to purchase both provided it is not anytime soon, imagine all you relentless souls purchasing them all for this year and then having to wait until next year, ugghhhh lol.
I will be waiting for announcement too. Will definitely be in the list of consideration.
I think i will just wait for canjam and then i will have an idea of what i want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back