Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 28, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #1,937 of 17,876
My personnel preference is PB1. Great synergy with my gears. Always put me on a high when listening to Gary Moore’s album Back to the Blue. Plenty of bass air in some of the tracks and whenever that track Drowning in Tears starts playing, PB1 rendered the tuneful singing guitar with sadness. So emotional. Excellent as well with all my albums and genres.

Beauty of PB1, is bass will vary with tracks and doesn’t mess up the midrange, letting the midrange expan and excel in a slightly forward fashion than Semper. It also has good clarity with sense of space and air in the midrange and treble rivalling my Vision Ears (VE) V6x2. Matter of fact, I find PB1 and VE complement each other very well.

Overall, tonally right naturally, dynamic, cohesive and very scalable. With a thicker cable and power, it delivers the sonic bliss musically. I always deem this IMR IEM a gem and a TOTL.

I'm with you on the PB1. You don't hear a lot about it as only 50 were made but it is something special. The only thing I'd add to your description is that they do drums better than anything I've heard. Of all the IMR's I own these reward you the most with feeding them power. So much energy when you do. Also with you on the thick cable my Dunu hulk lives on these.

The Halcyon, PB1 & then the Semper are all stunning totl IEMs for me & compliment each other so well. They are all so addictive. I regard the Semper as the best of the bunch with Halcyon & PB1 more mood dependent. That being said the og R2 Aten still holds its own and these are based on that driver.

To put it simply - because Bob is creating some of the best sounding IEM's out there at at price that is not taking the piss! His tuning skills are extraordinary :)
I was going to stop at the Semper and had no audio purchases planned for this year (lol I know I know I'm on head fi ) as I am very happy with my set up. But have ordered the BC and will probably pick up one of next ones too. Very interested in Bobs take on a bass cannon as that was what made me buy the R1 in the first place.

One thing I like about IMR's is trying out different driver types. So I'm interested in hearing the adlc driver & then bone conduction. With the added bonus that as you said Bob's tuning is sublime.

Feb 28, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #1,939 of 17,876
I was just thinking about that ha ha. Originally I thought I'd get the Astra as I like the depth & detail that electros give over the planar. But thinking about the PB1 & the energy they have in the mids could go really well with bone conduction.

The PB1 & Halcyon were totally different to what I expected. I thought Halcyon would have energy & PB1 would be smooth & detailed after my experiences with planar & electro over ears but they were the opposite. I can't get both this time tho.

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #1,940 of 17,876
The main thing is to choose between planar or EST. Hopefully Bob can provide more info about sound signature. Honestly I'm bit concerned with bone conduction has usually IMRs don't have the best fit, at least for me. The only exception is the EDP which fits like a glove.

In the info email sent by the end of the year it was mentioned a new balanced drive driver module and pure beryllium drivers but for now they're nowhere to be seen.

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #1,941 of 17,876
The main thing is to choose between planar or EST. Hopefully Bob can provide more info about sound signature. Honestly I'm bit concerned with bone conduction has usually IMRs don't have the best fit, at least for me. The only exception is the EDP which fits like a glove.

In the info email sent by the end of the year it was mentioned a new balanced drive driver module and pure beryllium drivers but for now they're nowhere to be seen.
Follow website, tomorrow Bob should upload descriptions

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #1,942 of 17,876
Feb 28, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #1,943 of 17,876
I'm with you on the PB1. You don't hear a lot about it as only 50 were made but it is something special. The only thing I'd add to your description is that they do drums better than anything I've heard. Of all the IMR's I own these reward you the most with feeding them power. So much energy when you do. Also with you on the thick cable my Dunu hulk lives on these.

The Halcyon, PB1 & then the Semper are all stunning totl IEMs for me & compliment each other so well. They are all so addictive. I regard the Semper as the best of the bunch with Halcyon & PB1 more mood dependent. That being said the og R2 Aten still holds its own and these are based on that driver.

I was going to stop at the Semper and had no audio purchases planned for this year (lol I know I know I'm on head fi ) as I am very happy with my set up. But have ordered the BC and will probably pick up one of next ones too. Very interested in Bobs take on a bass cannon as that was what made me buy the R1 in the first place.

One thing I like about IMR's is trying out different driver types. So I'm interested in hearing the adlc driver & then bone conduction. With the added bonus that as you said Bob's tuning is sublime.
I was just thinking about that ha ha. Originally I thought I'd get the Astra as I like the depth & detail that electros give over the planar. But thinking about the PB1 & the energy they have in the mids could go really well with bone conduction.

The PB1 & Halcyon were totally different to what I expected. I thought Halcyon would have energy & PB1 would be smooth & detailed after my experiences with planar & electro over ears but they were the opposite. I can't get both this time tho.
Initially, bass was clearly the option when I got into IMR. Along the way, midrange to me is actually the real deal since bass is inherent. Bob tuning on those planar is music to my ears. So use to it now that I practically had a hard time trying to appreciate my BA customs, except VE. IMHO, I don’t get short changed but rather full range sonic addiction from PB1 or Semper or OM.

I ordered BC to replace my custom bass cannon 8A. Elysium next, since Bob sharing that tuning will be as close to PB1. I love energetic or lively midrange with detail and clarity. Adding Bone Conduction if he does get it nicely implemented which we know he can, it will be a like a needle in the haystack IEM.

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #1,947 of 17,876
Going by the descriptions of the new models I am more interested in the Elysium. Stage and vocals are the keywords for me. Not sure if I'm going for IMR for my next purchase though as I'm pretty happy with Semper now. I was hoping for a more secure and custom like fit for using outdoors and while doing sports and stuff.

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #1,948 of 17,876
How do former customers work out what their discount code is worth?
I'm interested in the price of the Melius, but the final amount showing in my cart is £720 (hadn't counted on the tax being so high! 😬), and there's nowhere to apply my loyalty code without completing the payment step of the transaction.

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #1,949 of 17,876
You’d choose planar instead Est when PB2 has both... bone conduction would be a great improvement, who knows?
I’ll stay with PB2 and Opus mia

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #1,950 of 17,876
You’d choose planar instead Est when PB2 has both... bone conduction would be a great improvement, who knows?
I’ll stay with PB2 and Opus mia
There's a new DD and I also want to know how the absence of the Piezo driver affects the timbre and sound overall. It could be a nice improvement on what's already awesome, who knows?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back