• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 19, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #691 of 17,889
Opus Mia vs Rah, anybody?
for me both have something special, Rah's are all about the bass impact and the mids, OM has better bass but the impact on RAH, halcyon and PBone is something special, mids are where they depart each other, planars are meant for mids and it does make em velvety and textured, W shaped tunning, for me the fit has never been a problem.

OM has way better soundstage; deeper, wider and taller, bass has way more authority and subbass fills the space with an enveloping effect that few headphones can do, tunning is way more V shaped though mid highs and highs are where the EStat driver deliver, there's details but no harshness, i still expect from time to time for the highs to bite me,though it hasn't happened. on the other side of the spectrum, bass has this unlimited reach, i can feel the rumble in my brain, its just damn satisfying, i enjoy a lot the OM BUT! i havent fully burn it in, and maybe im missing info that others are experiencing, gotta say though that imo i prefer aten5 over OM, though its a matter of taste, i prefer less drivers, just something personal.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #692 of 17,889
Rah's are (...) W shaped tunning

OM (...) tunning is way more V shaped though mid highs and highs are where the EStat driver deliver, there's details but no harshness, i still expect from time to time for the highs to bite me,though it hasn't happened.

How's the highs on Rah for you? Do you notice any harshness sometimes? If yes, is it not noticable for you on OM, although these are more V-shaped?

Nov 20, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #693 of 17,889
How's the highs on Rah for you? Do you notice any harshness sometimes? If yes, is it not noticable for you on OM, although these are more V-shaped?
no harshness for me on rah, i use the dark grey filters and red tops, on OM theres no harshness at all, as i wrote, sometimes i think they might get out of control in passages that normally are conflictive (all the Tellurian album by Soen, some old mp3's i ripped 14 years ago that i wont be able to get online, etc.) the rah has this nascar driver on the highs, i actually enjoy them quite a bit, they are never sibilant yet they get a nice real like bite; the OM has a 747 pilot, it just does it smooth, no moment of hesitation, just a velvety smooth scenary with the highs showing up, sometimes you feel the freight cause of the quality of the recording but nothing wrong happens with em, they know what they are doing.

Nov 20, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #695 of 17,889
On Instagram. Apparently Semper production was waiting on Sonion driver procurement.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CH0K66vpAei/?igshid=1xhrx19wa3k6a

2 weeks late but at least they are in! Final assembly time on Semper and PB Two  ( 1326 X 1080 ).jpg

Nov 20, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #697 of 17,889
Nov 21, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #699 of 17,889
I would rather a delay for quality control on a limited edition product. Not like we can replace it later.

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #700 of 17,889
I would rather a delay for quality control on a limited edition product. Not like we can replace it later.

you are obviously living in the UK. :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #701 of 17,889
I hope we're not going to experience a delay like the one that happened with the EDP.

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #702 of 17,889
I expressed my hope for Semper shipping before brexit on his Facebook post. He only answered with a thumbs up emoji.

Nov 22, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #703 of 17,889
I just noticed the Sonion EST drivers on the top of the stack and the bottom of the stack have different lot numbers.

How good is Sonion in quality control between lots? Will people's units sound a step different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back