Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 1, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #2,011 of 17,713
Thank you i hope i can find my ultimate IMR although i am very happy with my current selection i have had a taste of what else is achieveable so the thirst is real and why i keep asking for more of Bob and the boundaries to be pushed further.

Out of all i currently have the R2 Aten is still the one which just keeps on giving and wont give up on me and is a great workhorse, my PB1 are smooth, laidback yet full of energy. I keep thinking my PB1 have a fault as the sound keeps dipping in volume on the right earpiece which i thought i had traced to a faulty line level cable which was faulty by the way, now the fault is back but im using a different amp and line level route, switched to my Aten and it is still there. I have a feeling my DAC may be taking a proverbial as that is the only common denominator left which would cause the fault to follow where i go in my system, actually it may be in the recording, who wants to help me kindly and listen to this, it starts at 1.10 and comes and goes throughout after that. it has to be the recording, if not it is my hearing otherwise i'm DAC shopping and i really dont want to lol. Oh no so playing it back using balanced out of DAC and it's not doing it as bad, it is there though. But it is only on certain tracks, please tell me you hear it and it is in the track.

Wow, what a stunning vocalist .... and I'm talking about her voice.... Beuautiful... Sorry, I think its your DAC.

Mar 1, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #2,012 of 17,713
Wow, what a stunning vocalist .... and I'm talking about her voice.... Beuautiful... Sorry, I think its your DAC.

I know right she is both stunning in beauty and voice. She is a real life jasmine from Aladdin.

Try these too

You would say that about my DAC, i am the one who likes spending others money, this is not supposed to be a 2 way street lol.

Mar 1, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #2,016 of 17,713
If I have understood correctly the smaller shells are achieved through a 'balanced drive driver module' In other words he has combined the drivers mentioned together inside the so called 'module'
Again, [i think] that 'pure beryllium drivers' ARE the ADLC drivers
Not sure but suffice it to say...I have bought one of the new Flagships so time will tell..soundwise :)
What did you go for? I can't decide. Have had both in the cart at seperate times ready to pull the trigger. Umming & arring. Will sleep on it.

I'm waiting for the Semper+ model with 10mm ADLC, 12mm Planar, Dual Electrostat, Bone Conduction, fingers crossed this materialises.
Hmmm. That sounds like the mythical PB3. That has to happen right?

Mar 1, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #2,017 of 17,713
What did you go for? I can't decide. Have had both in the cart at seperate times ready to pull the trigger. Umming & arring. Will sleep on it.

Hmmm. That sounds like the mythical PB3. That has to happen right?

PB3, Semper+, Ultimate One, GC1, Opus Amazeballs, I feel one of those in our future lol.

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #2,021 of 17,713
Bought the Elysium today.....here we go again :D
Just need confirmation that my EDP+ order is canceled and its going in the cart!

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #2,023 of 17,713
Skipping this year offering. Wallet still yet to recover from Semper purchase. Hopefully there is a true successor to Semper. Ideally ADLC, planar, est and bc driver will be in it

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #2,024 of 17,713
Skipping this year offering. Wallet still yet to recover from Semper purchase. Hopefully there is a true successor to Semper. Ideally ADLC, planar, est and bc driver will be in it
Same here. But damn it bring on the headphones. My question is, since they won’t look like traditional headphones according to early teasing from Bob, will they actually be sonic sunglasses.

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #2,025 of 17,713
Same here. But damn it bring on the headphones. My question is, since they won’t look like traditional headphones according to early teasing from Bob, will they actually be sonic sunglasses.
Now he's going to start messing with our eyes? What's next, some new AI tech that synchronizes the audio and visual inputs with the the appropriate olfactory sensation. Wow, that would be some kind of Tribrid! I love Nirvana and all but I'm not sure I'd want to experience "Smells like Teen Spirit" with a device like that.... Although, I am a little curious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back