Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 17, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #10,337 of 17,889
I'm making my EDP Ace available, if anyone is interested. Send me a message.

They have 400 hours of burn in ...

Nov 17, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #10,338 of 17,889
Kotori cable.
Though details are spectacular seems to attenuate a bit the bass region on my ACE.
20221117_205600.jpg

Nov 17, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #10,339 of 17,889
Nov 17, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #10,340 of 17,889
Hello there! I will soon recieve my copy of the TSMR Sands in the mail. Currently I am in posession of the IMR SOG and the IMR Z2. If you're interested I can compare them to the Sands.

I will likely compare the TSMR Sands with the Timeless and my IMR sets (SOG, Z2 and soon the Na-Le) in this thread.
It is me again.

The Sands arrived today together with a nice PAC480 4.4mm cable. So far I have to say that it sounds really good on my setup, which consists of a hybrid pre-amp and a transistor amp. The sound is much fuller sounding when using a good pair of foam tips, so I went with Tennmak foams. My IMR sets extend more into the treble but the Sands is tuned better. The TSMR Sands are supposed to be bright sounding but with the PAC480 and foam tips it sounds just minimal bright. I tested all possible dip-switch positions but 020 was the best tuned one. The detail and seperation is the best on the Sands. It outclasses the Z2 by another level. This is how I want my detail. Currently I have no interest in more details and resolution, this is the best for almost all music and modern media. So far I have not done any burn-in and only tested the TSMR Sands on my desktop (Link2 BAL - 110 Ohm adapter - Mt-602 amp - Topping A50s amp - PAC480 4.4mm cable) and on my Fiio Q3. It really sounds better on strong sources. I still prefer my SOG on my Q3 but on my desktop PC it is different.

I am gonna write more soon.

Nov 17, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #10,341 of 17,889
Kotori cable.
Though details are spectacular seems to attenuate a bit the bass region on my ACE.
20221117_205600.jpg
The Kotori Carbon 4.4mm on my Dark Matter is something else. It's pure copper litz characteristics enhances and elevates the bass to higher levels on my beloved DM's. Intense bass!

Nov 17, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #10,344 of 17,889
I'll definitely try it on DM.
I bought this on your recommendation.
I like the IMR Ace a lot, but I find on my copy, the bass is a little behind the mid-range for my liking. For many song tracks, that is good, but I am a bit of a bass lover, and the DM gives me that bass kick I like. The Pro cable from IMR is good, but the 'Carbon' on my DM just hits the right level with me. I realise I am a bass 'addict' and should attend 'Bass-heads Anonymous'. Hence the Kotori Cable is permanently attached to my DMs.....I use L Spiral Dots.

Nov 17, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #10,345 of 17,889
It is me again.

The Sands arrived today together with a nice PAC480 4.4mm cable. So far I have to say that it sounds really good on my setup, which consists of a hybrid pre-amp and a transistor amp. The sound is much fuller sounding when using a good pair of foam tips, so I went with Tennmak foams. My IMR sets extend more into the treble but the Sands is tuned better. The TSMR Sands are supposed to be bright sounding but with the PAC480 and foam tips it sounds just minimal bright. I tested all possible dip-switch positions but 020 was the best tuned one. The detail and seperation is the best on the Sands. It outclasses the Z2 by another level. This is how I want my detail. Currently I have no interest in more details and resolution, this is the best for almost all music and modern media. So far I have not done any burn-in and only tested the TSMR Sands on my desktop (Link2 BAL - 110 Ohm adapter - Mt-602 amp - Topping A50s amp - PAC480 4.4mm cable) and on my Fiio Q3. It really sounds better on strong sources. I still prefer my SOG on my Q3 but on my desktop PC it is different.

I am gonna write more soon.
Were you able to get them on the 11/11 sale?

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #10,346 of 17,889
I'm making my EDP Ace available, if anyone is interested. Send me a message.

They have 400 hours of burn in ...
But you have about 350 hours of burn in to do still. Don't give up 😃

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #10,347 of 17,889
But you have about 350 hours of burn in to do still. Don't give up 😃
This crossed my mind ... because while your comment is humorous, it's also not inaccurate.

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #10,348 of 17,889
This crossed my mind ... because while your comment is humorous, it's also not inaccurate.
I passed 750 hours a couple of days ago. Now they're perfect. At least for me with my setup.

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #10,349 of 17,889
I like the IMR Ace a lot, but I find on my copy, the bass is a little behind the mid-range for my liking. For many song tracks, that is good, but I am a bit of a bass lover, and the DM gives me that bass kick I like. The Pro cable from IMR is good, but the 'Carbon' on my DM just hits the right level with me. I realise I am a bass 'addict' and should attend 'Bass-heads Anonymous'. Hence the Kotori Cable is permanently attached to my DMs.....I use L Spiral Dots.
As much as I enjoy Bass myself many times than not, I prefer a more 'accurate', that is a neutrally tuned setting.
ACE is a champ on this IMO. Does the mids right with the Bass hitting hard when called for.
DM's midrange is great also, and it is a special Bass-head IEM in that it does not sacrifice the rest of the spectrum. But still, as lovely as that Bass is, it is not realistic.

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #10,350 of 17,889
As much as I enjoy Bass myself many times than not, I prefer a more 'accurate', that is a neutrally tuned setting.
ACE is a champ on this IMO. Does the mids right with the Bass hitting hard when called for.
DM's midrange is great also, and it is a special Bass-head IEM in that it does not sacrifice the rest of the spectrum. But still, as lovely as that Bass is, it is not realistic.
Realistic to me, was going to the Roundhouse and even the Southbank, Rock Concerts and World Music, and having speakers close, thumping bass at me. Realism is dependent on circumstances and context. I like the 'balanced' sound of the Ace but I'd almost wrote that I preferred the more realist sound of the DM. I guess it's where you listen to your music. 2PAC through Ace or through the DM? 'Why so serious' sub-bass through the Ace or DM...which is more realistic. Not the Ace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back