Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 25, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #5,611 of 17,876
Would anyone who owns both Avalon and Dark Matter who receive's two experimental tuning system one for each consider selling one of them?
If yes please let me know and i will definitely take it off your hands for a great price? Thanxđź‘Ť

Mar 25, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #5,612 of 17,876
I feel this music is made for the EDP range but probably works with IMR in general. Enjoy this rare moment in time where i share "normal music" whatever the hell that means lol. Super feel good vibes!

Not one to disappoint though.....

The Midnight are AWESOME! I saw them live 3 times in the space of a year, as I just happened to be in the relevant cities when they were playing. Feelgood retro vibes don’t get better than this.

Mar 25, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #5,613 of 17,876
Good man Congrat'sđź‘Ť
And yeah I would be VERY interested in your comparison between DM & Elan.
Absolutely! Will let you know once I get my hands on em! Having said that, any impressions will not be reflective of the recommended burn-in conditions as outlined by Bob :). Hopefully, he considers selling the ETS after the initial rollout!

Mar 25, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #5,614 of 17,876
The Midnight are AWESOME! I saw them live 3 times in the space of a year, as I just happened to be in the relevant cities when they were playing. Feelgood retro vibes don’t get better than this.

I literally discovered them around 2 weeks ago and it was instant love, i had to google them and was surprised to see they are from this era of time and not the actual 80's.

Mar 26, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #5,615 of 17,876
Don’t know if its a burn in thing, ozar sounds better, more clear, more open. SOR its really alike but there’s just something about the bass that keeps me scratching my head, its better but not clearer. It’s bigger, more punchy, mids are the same, soundstage as i just said SOR feels a bit more intimate, not in a bad way, just more enclosed.

Though mids and treble are on par, ozar having a bit more resolution in upper mids, but not like night and day.
Agree that the Ozar seemed to improve over time and am loving them. I am guessing then that there is no point in getting the SOR if I have the Ozar already?

Absolutely! Will let you know once I get my hands on em! Having said that, any impressions will not be reflective of the recommended burn-in conditions as outlined by Bob :). Hopefully, he considers selling the ETS after the initial rollout!
+1 on Bob making the ETS available to other IMR owners as well!

Mar 26, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #5,616 of 17,876
Would anyone happen to know a company who upgrades the internal drivers of IEM's? I have a set of custome in-ears with 1 DD & 2 BA's but done really like the sound and would love to get it torn down and put a better DD and some EST Drivers put in?

Mar 26, 2022 at 5:11 AM Post #5,617 of 17,876
Would anyone happen to know a company who upgrades the internal drivers of IEM's? I have a set of custome in-ears with 1 DD & 2 BA's but done really like the sound and would love to get it torn down and put a better DD and some EST Drivers put in?
The only company I can think of that works do something like that nowadays is Plunge Audio in Canada. They have done some crazy things with bespoke builds and reusing drivers in the past, I believe. Plus the guy who runs is is supposed to be an awesome bloke - might be worth dropping them a line.

Mar 26, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #5,618 of 17,876
I feel this music is made for the EDP range but probably works with IMR in general. Enjoy this rare moment in time where i share "normal music" whatever the hell that means lol. Super feel good vibes!

Not one to disappoint though.....

Really like them I love anything uplifting & melodicđź‘Ť the lead singer reminds me a bit of Steve Perry from Journy?

Mar 26, 2022 at 5:16 AM Post #5,619 of 17,876
The only company I can think of that works do something like that nowadays is Plunge Audio in Canada. They have done some crazy things with bespoke builds and reusing drivers in the past, I believe. Plus the guy who runs is is supposed to be an awesome bloke - might be worth dropping them a line.
Amazing thanksđź‘ŤI'll drop him an email and report back how I get on.

Mar 26, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #5,620 of 17,876
Is anybody else experiencing some comfort issues with the Pro IEMs? I find that the sharp edge of the shell digs into my ear and creates a sore spot. In the picture below, I incuded the Elysium for comparison in which the area pointed to with the arrow expertly drawn in Paint is rounded everywhere and causes no discomfort.

IMG_20220326_110710.jpg

Mar 26, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #5,621 of 17,876
Maybe ItsFit lab, they custom fit any IEM

Really like them I love anything uplifting & melodicđź‘Ť the lead singer reminds me a bit of Steve Perry from Journy?
That is exactly how i described them, if Journey met whitesnake

Mar 26, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #5,622 of 17,876
Is anybody else experiencing some comfort issues with the Pro IEMs? I find that the sharp edge of the shell digs into my ear and creates a sore spot. In the picture below, I incuded the Elysium for comparison in which the area pointed to with the arrow expertly drawn in Paint is rounded everywhere and causes no discomfort.

Nothing here. But I also haven't have problem with Opus Mia banana shell fit.
Elysium shell looks better cnc and engineering work but it can be also due to different inner composition
Actually, not. It just less machine work
Avalon inside (not mine)
1648290889724.png
In the low right angle there is an empty space inside the shell so hypothetically (if it not about sound propagation aspect) there was a possibility to make it a bit less angular

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #5,624 of 17,876
Nothing here. But I also haven't have problem with Opus Mia banana shell fit.
Elysium shell looks better cnc and engineering work but it can be also due to different inner composition
Actually, not. It just less machine work
Avalon inside (not mine)
Yikes, that's a lot of stuff and wires crammed into those shells.
But yeah, until the Avalon I hadn't had any fit or comfort issues with IMR earphones, including the sizeable and hefty Semper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back