Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 16, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #2,701 of 17,880
Just received the EDP+ in Spain (luckily no customs duties!) and playing with filter and nozzle combos. I know it is required at least 150 h burn-in, but treble extension is not good (as compared with my BA IEMs). Tested with grey nozzle and blue filter (top) as suggested by Bob for mids and detail retrieval. Not impressed at all at this moment, except for bass. Tested Azla Xelastec eartips and also original foam eartips. Any suggestions?
Give them time. Really, give them time to run in. I've had 4 different sets of Planar Iems (some twice) and every single one of them kept improving with more refinement and detail well past past 200 hours. In my experience with the EDP, they didn't come into their fullness until 150 hours and kept improving from there. I promise you,that if you'll be patient with them your patience will be rewarded.

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #2,702 of 17,880
both the 4 core and 8 graphene cable from XINHS on Ali work really well with the RAH and EDP - tight bass greater extenion in the treble. It took the EDP up a notch.
I have the 8 core already for my OM and love it! This guy does a great job and keeps his rates super low. He also makes the graphene cable for Kbear and Nicehck Dark Jade but they are far more expensive. I got an amazing deal on the Dark Jade for only $70 and went with that one instead of the cheaper XINHS 8 core because the connectors were a higher quality and matched the recessed 2 pin input better.

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #2,703 of 17,880
I bought a Dark Jade cable for my Semper too. It's very nice built and quite chunky but I love it. It did nothing to the sound though, I wasn't holding my breath for that either. Lol

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #2,704 of 17,880
I bought a Dark Jade cable for my Semper too. It's very nice built and quite chunky but I love it. It did nothing to the sound though, I wasn't holding my breath for that either. Lol
Weird because it did change my OM, slightly but enough to notice and for the better.

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #2,706 of 17,880
I guess I'm still immune to cable sound.
I'm very sensitive to change. My ears are OCD and can sense minute changes to sound so that's probably why.

Jun 16, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #2,707 of 17,880
So did I, but I can't use it because the cable hook won't stay behind my ears due to the Semper shell shape :frowning2:

Jun 16, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #2,708 of 17,880
So did I, but I can't use it because the cable hook won't stay behind my ears due to the Semper shell shape :frowning2:
Just cut off the plastic sheath and see if that helps

Jun 16, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #2,709 of 17,880
I imagined the bone conduction to give this experience.
..... have you spoken to Bob regarding the Elan at all, i have not been intouch with him since the Semper as i knew i couldn't buy any of the new ones so i figured best to not take his time but i am hoping i can get the Elan.
I'm so much looking forward to the Elan.

I have been listening mostly to my Tinhifi T4 recently to get a feel for the CNT drivers.

I couldn't listen to them for too long for many months in the beginning as they were rather dull to listen to in the beginning.

Fast forward to now and they have really opened up. Large soundstage. Amazing transparency and vocal/music separation for a single driver.

Looking forward to a bit of bass interpretation from Bob now in the Elan. I'm imagining the BC will add an extra level immersion into the soundstage. Can't wait.

Jun 16, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #2,711 of 17,880
Received my BC this afternoon. It took just 3 days to arrive in SG upon leaving UK. The quickest delivery since into IMR.

Impressive right OOTB. First impression a very clear natural sounding IEM with no sonic harshness. Thereupon, with no fitting discomfort sucked into several hours of immersive listening. I had to say the most quietest and non fatiguing pure bass lovers IEM I heard thus far.

Precise impactful and weighty bass with excellent sub-bass lines. Details in the midrange plentiful, and most surprising was how the hell Bob aces those upper frequencies to be really crisp and articulate. Vocal range as usual for most IMR is always special to me. Soundstage at this stage is just behind Semper.

Bob had again implemented and delivered what he said about the overall SQ of BC during our conversation and indicated in his sales descriptions.

Really happy to add this gem to my IMR collections, and let’s observed how it will mature during the burn-in stages.

Albums used ZZ Top Recycler, Uriah Heep Salisbury, Black Label Society The Song Remains Not The Same, Lep Zep Lep Zep1, Metallica Master of Puppets.

On Black nozzle blue filter and Comply T600 L thru my wonderful setup that has been giving me a new lease of audio satisfaction and enjoyment lately.
2C88DEC2-F058-449B-BD98-C72E0EB74D6A.jpeg
Try pink nozzle black filter with some wide bore tips and let me know your thoughts... 😃

Jun 16, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #2,712 of 17,880
Flash Poll:

What filter combinations are your favorite for the Opus Mia? (My current is Blue/Black)

Jun 16, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #2,714 of 17,880
I guess I'm still immune to cable sound.
Very subtle shifts, is how I'd descrive the the way I hear cable changes unless youre moving from an absolutely garbage OEM cable (which IMR does not supply). The one exception for me was hooking a Pure Silver onto my itsfit Fusions - that silver cable tightened the bass a bit but completely woke up the Magnetostic tweeter in it. It was remarkable. YMMV and my experience is that it's subtle in most cases but can be quite noticeable depending on the IEM.

Jun 16, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #2,715 of 17,880
Very subtle shifts, is how I'd descrive the the way I hear cable changes unless youre moving from an absolutely garbage OEM cable (which IMR does not supply). The one exception for me was hooking a Pure Silver onto my itsfit Fusions - that silver cable tightened the bass a bit but completely woke up the Magnetostic tweeter in it. It was remarkable. YMMV and my experience is that it's subtle in most cases but can be quite noticeable depending on the IEM.
I have never come across any changes with none of my IEMs with any cable, silver, copper, mix or anything else . And people say Fourte and LX are very sensitive to cables. Frankly I don't even care at this point , I enjoy my IEMs with whatever cable I want .
Each to his own. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back