Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 5, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #1,441 of 17,880
I have tried to look at previous posts to try to see if it is posted but to no avail. In the case, is it meant to be missing 2 nozzles (meaning is there only 6 pair of nozzles including the one attached the IEM). Also, does it come with the mini IEM case like the RAH? (Did not find any for Semper) Just doing an inventory check for my sanity. Thanks.
This is the full compliment of what came with my Opus Mia, minus the black set, that came mounted on the phones.

IMR Opus Mia missing nozzles.jpg

Jan 5, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #1,442 of 17,880
I have tried to look at previous posts to try to see if it is posted but to no avail. In the case, is it meant to be missing 2 nozzles (meaning is there only 6 pair of nozzles including the one attached the IEM). Also, does it come with the mini IEM case like the RAH? (Did not find any for Semper) Just doing an inventory check for my sanity. Thanks.
If you are asking whether it's normal for the silver and grey nozzles to come without dedicated filters, then yes - I have three sets of IMR earphones and in none of them do the grey and silver nozzles come with filters.

Jan 5, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #1,443 of 17,880
Aside from reference recordings, old rock & classics, who here enjoys a bit of filthy minimal? IMRs seem to love it. I for one like giving my OM's DD a massage once in a while and they seem to enjoy it cause they reward with an awesome sound & coherence.

Of course, you should get the flacs for best sonic results.

Jan 5, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #1,444 of 17,880
Semper vs Rah, anybody?
I recall someone wanted to do a comparison, so just a reminder here :wink:

Jan 5, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #1,445 of 17,880
Thank you all for being so helpful in the inventory verification for Semper - my Semper is still burning in, cannot compare with the RAH yet.

Jan 5, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #1,446 of 17,880
Good track to test the low end of the Semper is Lana Del Rey - high by the beach
I'm not a bass head but can appreciate great sub bass.

Jan 6, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #1,447 of 17,880
I am interested in the Mest and Volt, can anyone here do a comparison to Semper?

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #1,448 of 17,880
Semper vs Rah, anybody?
I recall someone wanted to do a comparison, so just a reminder here :wink:
I would say Semper is better than Rah in every way, which is expected: better controlled clean bass, excellent mids et good highs with a better soundstage. Rah is excellent for vocals since it is mids centric. On the other hand Semper needs more power to shine. If you are planning to use your smartphone as a source, you better go with Rah

Jan 6, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #1,449 of 17,880
On the other hand Semper needs more power to shine.
Really? I don't find the Semper to be that power hungry at all. On BTR5, balanced output, I'm playing it at volume 12-14. For comparison, Moodrop Blessing 2 needs volume at 14-16 (balanced) to be as loud. Not to mention TinHiFi P1, which needs 15-17 (also balanced). I haven't tried it single-ended, though. I'll have to switch the cable and try the Semper with my Aune S6 desktop dac/amp.

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #1,450 of 17,880
Really? I don't find the Semper to be that power hungry at all. On BTR5, balanced output, I'm playing it at volume 12-14. For comparison, Moodrop Blessing 2 needs volume at 14-16 (balanced) to be as loud. Not to mention TinHiFi P1, which needs 15-17 (also balanced). I haven't tried it single-ended, though. I'll have to switch the cable and try the Semper with my Aune S6 desktop dac/amp.
I said in comparison with Rah

Jan 6, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #1,452 of 17,880
The Rah for chilling late night use is nice. Much softer sound for easing off slowly at night.

Jan 6, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #1,453 of 17,880
Jan 6, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #1,454 of 17,880
Aside from reference recordings, old rock & classics, who here enjoys a bit of filthy minimal? IMRs seem to love it. I for one like giving my OM's DD a massage once in a while and they seem to enjoy it cause they reward with an awesome sound & coherence.

Of course, you should get the flacs for best sonic results.

Its been a while that I have listened to this masterpiece of a set and shared it but inspired by your post I have to give the gift that keeps on giving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back