Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 4, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #1,426 of 17,880
I am confused , red and gold filters? Isn't gold for the least amount of treble and red is 3rd only less than blue and black.
Pairing with M15 I get the most balanced sound with silver/gold on OM and silver/pink on Semper , I am quite happy with this setup now.
You are correct in that the filler used in the gold upper helps reduce/tame the treble. However, with this upper filter in PB2, I find using blue or black lower filter significantly exaggerates the bass while overall sound clarity takes a hit. In fact even red bass for me is a bit much.

Also I believe that the source may also have a part to play in influencing the overall choice of filters. For example, the Cayin E02 module with its saber chip is more analytical sounding while I am assuming that the AKM chips in M15 lean more towards a warmer presentation.

Jan 4, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #1,427 of 17,880
You are correct in that the filler used in the gold upper helps reduce/tame the treble. However, with this upper filter in PB2, I find using blue or black lower filter significantly exaggerates the bass while overall sound clarity takes a hit. In fact even red bass for me is a bit much.

Also I believe that the source may also have a part to play in influencing the overall choice of filters. For example, the Cayin E02 module with its saber chip is more analytical sounding while I am assuming that the AKM chips in M15 lean more towards a warmer presentation.
Yes , I don't have that much experience with daps , but compared to my DX160 it's warmer and has bigger bass I feel.

Jan 4, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #1,428 of 17,880
You are absolutely right . I forgot I am doing the same thing with OM and Semper ,lol.
I had forgotten until your post that the filters are not changed but the IEMs are . . .!
Looking at the DAP's in your signature, May i humbly suggest looking at the 02 Objective amp - Its cheap as chips and is one of the most highly regarded amps out there. Nothing wrong with your DAPS of course but they do both have a unique sound signature. Running line out through an 02 gives you a uniquely reference, neutral, black background experience ! - Jut a passing thought :wink:

EDIT: while I have been writing this ya'll have been discussing this above :D Great minds think alike !!

Jan 4, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #1,429 of 17,880
Thanks for the suggestion, if ever I want to go for something stationary I will look into that. Maybe there is a DAP like that or similar, so I don't lose the portability factor?

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,431 of 17,880
Following with everyone, blue bottom/ gold top are a champion on pb2, bass is moderate, sub bass has rumble and mids are exquisite. Take it from the guy that was about to send em back

as mentioned, silver bottom was my to go since it gives the most out of head soundstage on almost all my last generation imrs, but in this one has a lean thing in the 500 to 2k with massive spikes and uncontrolled highs

blue actually makes sub bass has
Control like in the aten1 and makes all the frequencies come together

now That I had some therapy, I can past my trauma with the kse and keep going. Though I have set new goals, ier z1r here we go

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #1,432 of 17,880
Following with everyone, blue bottom/ gold top are a champion on pb2, bass is moderate, sub bass has rumble and mids are exquisite. Take it from the guy that was about to send em back
So the PB2 has settled down for you and you're enjoying it now?

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #1,433 of 17,880
So the PB2 has settled down for you and you're enjoying it now?
Yeah, massive difference man, I seriously couldn’t stand them. Red top was my 2go solution always, in this pair it was just bad, red bottom made em ok, but I was dissapointed, they didn’t sound great. I’ll revisit those in a couple of weeks, for now I’m truly enjoying em

one thing though, nothing beats the edp’s those things are incredible. I have no idea what went into those, but they are one of the most amazing pair of headphones I own. I was toying around yesterday with the e1da powerdac 2 and the edp is still the king of planars. I only played with the compressor and nothing goes through so many changes with few tweaks, and the level of detail on those it’s just outstanding; when I bought it I thought he wanted to slay the Cupid’s (which I also own and got em modded by romi audio) the edps not only DESTROYED the Cupid’s, it
Made me buy the pb2 without thinking. After 50 hours the mids were so textured and full that I fell in love with em, they keep getting better and better.

I hope the planar on this will have that change. It’s supposed to be the same as pb1.The latter has something really special, it’s one of my favorite tunings ever, it has smooth and silky mids and the bass is just spot on bass head level, it surpasses a lot of things

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #1,434 of 17,880
The EDP was my first foray into IMR sound, but with the Aten and now the Semper it hasn't seen much use in the past few months. I really need to get back to it and give it some love so I get the love of its sound back.

What nozzle-filter combo do you use on the EDP?

Jan 4, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #1,435 of 17,880
The EDP was my first foray into IMR sound, but with the Aten and now the Semper it hasn't seen much use in the past few months. I really need to get back to it and give it some love so I get the love of its sound back.

What nozzle-filter combo do you use on the EDP?
Red/ red

it’s my comfort zone heheh

Jan 4, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #1,436 of 17,880
I got a pair of Opus Mias in today and I'm really digging the sound. They are my first IMR set since the R1. Since then I've had Hylas and Empire Ears but I've been curious about Bob's new case design and the Opus Mias. When a set came up for sale I had to give them a shot and I'm extremely happy I did, these things sound fantastic. The highs (blue upper) are so crisp with no sibilance, the mids are more lush than I was expecting, and the lows.... I'm using the black lower filter and they truly satisfy my inner basshead. They hit cleaner and deeper than either of my Hylas did and they are known for their low end. Impressive IEM.

om1.jpgom2.jpg
Which cable are you using?

Jan 4, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #1,438 of 17,880
My freakin Semper finally made it today!

YAYYYY!

Finna fire it up with my new Norne Audio 8 wire, Pulse dac and 220 Max as source!

YAYYYYY!

Attachments

• 20210104_160842.jpg
    20210104_160842.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Jan 5, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #1,439 of 17,880
I have tried to look at previous posts to try to see if it is posted but to no avail. In the case, is it meant to be missing 2 nozzles (meaning is there only 6 pair of nozzles including the one attached the IEM). Also, does it come with the mini IEM case like the RAH? (Did not find any for Semper) Just doing an inventory check for my sanity. Thanks.

Jan 5, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #1,440 of 17,880
My Semper didn't come with the mini case. But I have many cases just like it. It is the same kind of case that comes with a fidget spinner toy and many other products. Could probably find it any where like at a Daiso or such places.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Jcor
Back