Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 1, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #1,367 of 17,889
Yesterday my good friend @elNan lend me his kse1200... i paired it with my chord mojo on line out mode, and well... that was it. I’ll take a break from iems for at least 2 days, cause afterwards whatever I got in my ears sounded veiled, weird, unrealistic... the spike in the mids of pb2 was way more obvious, and soundstage of everything sounded distant, I got brain effed last night by em. Now I’m wondering... are all this mid tiers worth it? I left my pb2 playing some grunge and really low beats for em to burn in further. But after the kse... damn man... those things are something...

Jan 1, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #1,368 of 17,889
Sorry, never heard Semper so i believe what you're writing. Maybe the last Aten driver generattion has been upgraded. Until Rah the harshness was still present. After Rah i don't know. While i'm writing i'm listening to "Desire" by Bob Dylan MFSL version. I'm hearing bass lines never heard before and China cymbals are.... China cymbals. Chinas are not easy to reproduce with their "sgangherato" (grungy) thymbre.
Bello!. I love bass lines.
I am really happy with Semper's treble , it's definitely less pronounced than Opus Mia and more precise and with no harshness at all . I was looking to buy a PB2 earlier but it's sold out unfortunately..

Jan 1, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #1,370 of 17,889
Yesterday my good friend @elNan lend me his kse1200... i paired it with my chord mojo on line out mode, and well... that was it. I’ll take a break from iems for at least 2 days, cause afterwards whatever I got in my ears sounded veiled, weird, unrealistic... the spike in the mids of pb2 was way more obvious, and soundstage of everything sounded distant, I got brain effed last night by em. Now I’m wondering... are all this mid tiers worth it? I left my pb2 playing some grunge and really low beats for em to burn in further. But after the kse... damn man... those things are something...
I had the same feeling about the Semper after listening to the UM Mest. And Semper is very sensitive to ear tips and requires some EQ to sound as good if not better than many of the TOTL models. Semper is extremely friendly to EQ as well.

Jan 1, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #1,371 of 17,889
I can say the same thing about all my IEMs after owning the KSE1200. Best IEM I’ve owned to date.

The KSE1200 is a masterpiece.

Jan 1, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #1,372 of 17,889
Jan 1, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #1,373 of 17,889
Jan 1, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #1,375 of 17,889
I can say the same thing about all my IEMs after owning the KSE1200. Best IEM I’ve owned to date.

The KSE1200 is a masterpiece.
I’ve been all morning long thinking, trying to understand that maybe the mini amplifier made the huge difference, maybe the mojo isn’t that good and I should try my other sources, tbh, I don’t want to mess around much, one thing is sure, I won’t be buying much more after hearing those, I’m seriously impressed. Right now just came back home from my in laws house, pb2 got (according to me) way more coherent and sounds way better than what I can recall last night before leaving, I’ll let them rest for tonight and tomorrow I might play around with em.

i don’t want to touch the Kse again... at least not for now, I’m breaking my head trying to understand this headphone, the exit nozzle is a mere 2.5/ 3mm thing and yet I could feel a soundstage as realistic as the hd800... seriously I gotta stay away from em...

Jan 1, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #1,376 of 17,889
I’ve been all morning long thinking, trying to understand that maybe the mini amplifier made the huge difference, maybe the mojo isn’t that good and I should try my other sources, tbh, I don’t want to mess around much, one thing is sure, I won’t be buying much more after hearing those, I’m seriously impressed. Right now just came back home from my in laws house, pb2 got (according to me) way more coherent and sounds way better than what I can recall last night before leaving, I’ll let them rest for tonight and tomorrow I might play around with em.

i don’t want to touch the Kse again... at least not for now, I’m breaking my head trying to understand this headphone, the exit nozzle is a mere 2.5/ 3mm thing and yet I could feel a soundstage as realistic as the hd800... seriously I gotta stay away from em...
In a few words, the KSE1200 are amazing. :beerchug:

Jan 1, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #1,379 of 17,889
From the first day I have been burning them with the silver and blue combination and misodiko mix460 tips without the foam and for me this combination is perfect.
Yesterday I put pink and blue to test and the bass seemed much more exaggerated. I didn't like it very much. I use shanling m6 pro on medium gain.
Tomorrow I hope to test with graphene cable.

If anyone wants to use this list, I am delighted.
I recommend random mode

Regards.

I'm really enjoying the playlist. Thanks so much for putting it up.

Jan 1, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #1,380 of 17,889
In a few words, the KSE1200 are amazing. :beerchug:
I owned a set of KSE1200s but sold them. They were just too good. I ended up not using them for regular listening because once I started listening with them, I couldn't do anything else. They just drag you in and you start to do nothing but listen to them. Not only did that mean that ones attention was completely on them, but I also found that I was listening to them more than to the music. As others have said, they are very expensive and having that much money tied up in something that I didn't use all the time was not sensible. I have also made the decision that I want to go back to listening to the music and enjoying the music for itself and be less bothered about the mechanism that is bringing it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back