IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Mar 26, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #46 of 698
He should send out an e-mail update.

But I think that this happens because of the situation with Covid-19. Earlier this week he announced that he sent his staff home for 3 weeks.

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #47 of 698
Email from IMR:

Dear Customers,

Today I got told off (and quite rightly so) for not updating you all on the recent extension to the pre-order time for the EDP.

As the vast majority of you will know we are facing unprecedented times with the Corona virus and of course this has had a knock on effect on business all over the world.

Here at IMR I have sent all staff home for the next 3 weeks for the safety of theirs and my health and also to ensure I remain healthy and can continue to work.

I remain at work dealing with orders, email and warranty and will continue to do so in order to serve you properly.

Many of my customers are based in countries that are struggling to deal with the onset of this virus and lives have been disrupted beyond anyones expectations.

So I have decided (and have had requested) to extend the pre order period until the end of April.

This does NOT effect the expected shipping time and the EDP is already in production!

New images are going up next week also so keep an eye out for those.

In regards to items in stock they continue to ship they same day if ordered before 1.30pm UK time.

For those having any warranty work done please bare with me as things will take a little longer than normal due to it just being me completing any work.

I will update further as the production of the EPD progresses and look forward to shipping them out.

Stay safe guys!

Regards

Bob

Mar 26, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #49 of 698
I don’t know about anyone’s history with Bob prior to IMR, and I personally don’t care. I own the Zenith, Aten, Rah, and Red. I have the EDP and Halcyon on order. In my experience, Bob and IMR have been great, a real class act.

It probably helps my satisfaction that I take the commitments of products still in development and production as being best effort promises, especially when the product is coming from a very small vendor. Could communication be better? Always. To Bob’s credit, he rightly fell on his sword on this, acknowledging his error. Given what he must be going through (personally and professionally) I will give him a break. Realistically, this is not like ordering something from anyone’s favorite online store.

Of course everyone has the right to their opinions, and I fully expect that many will feel differently. I respect that.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #50 of 698
I don’t know about anyone’s history with Bob prior to IMR, and I personally don’t care. I own the Zenith, Aten, and Rah. I have the EDP and Halcyon on order. In my experience, Bob and IMR have been great, a real class act.

I completely agree with you on that. I also care not about anyone else's experience prior to IMR and anyone who has seen any of my posts in the Aten, RAH and even this EDP thread will know that I've been an ardent supporter and often defender of Bob and IMR. That's why it pissed me off to learn of the extension on the Website instead of hearing it from him. We hade the same issue when the RAH deliveries were delayed. We got a message saying everything is delayed by 1 day and then with no further communication, my shipped 2 weeks later. I LOVE Bob. I LOVE my RAH. I detest improperly managed expectations. What's right is whats right. I can deal with a problem, I dont like being left in the dark to discover surprises. Anyway, I'm thankful and gratified that he put a communication shortly after this morning's eruption on this thread. I'll be reinstating my order and hope he learns to pop off a short note to his supporters at the appropriate times. It is our customers who force us to become "better".

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #52 of 698
Does IMR use regular 0.78 2 pin? I want to try my cables with EDP, so I have to buy a mmcx to 2 pin adapter.

Mar 31, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #53 of 698
Does IMR use regular 0.78 2 pin? I want to try my cables with EDP, so I have to buy a mmcx to 2 pin adapter.
Yes, regular 0.78mm 2 pins work.

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #54 of 698
Apr 12, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #56 of 698
They look cheap and ugly.
What's the point of this red thing screwed on the sides?

To me at least what’s most important will be how they sound. The red stripe is an unusual choice, to be sure, but to me design decisions are less important in IEMs (unless they affect the fit). But I do see on numerous threads that some people are very interested in how IEMs look so I can respect the perspective, even though I personally don’t share it.

I enjoy my other IMR IEMs (Zenith, Aten, Rah, and Red) so I am looking forward to seeing what the EDP, Halcyon, and PB One will bring.

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #58 of 698
Rejoice you dodged that Campfire bullet and start saving for the Semper :relieved:
I wouldnt completely rejoice on that, sure the stlas has a really out there tuning but it has quite a large fan base. I for one have not regretted selling my empire ears zeus xiv (not the massdrop variant) for the atlas. And sure i wouldnt really call them an upgrade but for what they do (bass and naturalness) i tke them over the $2700 zeus. It really just depends on the preference of the person :)

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #59 of 698
Also good to see Bob working things out with the community. I wont be buying anything from him any time soon since i had a pretty bad experience with trinity. But it would be cool to hear some impressions on a planar iem. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back