IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Mar 25, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #31 of 698
338 Pre-orders in with 5 days to go. I know there's much anticipation for the pre-order of the upcoming Halcyon but these EDPs promise to be epic planars done right in an ultra portable travel friendly, well isolating package. Don't miss out..... and at £159 they're a steal.

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #32 of 698
338 Pre-orders in with 5 days to go. I know there's much anticipation for the pre-order of the upcoming Halcyon but these EDPs promise to be epic planars done right in an ultra portable travel friendly, well isolating package. Don't miss out..... and at £159 they're a steal.

Why don't we wait and see. Not every one is convinced they will be epic or a steal just yet.

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #33 of 698
338 Pre-orders in with 5 days to go. Don't miss out..... and at £159 they're a steal.
And just to be clear, no, Bob didn't put me up to this and I have no incentive other than genuine enthusiasm.for what I believe will be another IMR hit. :raised_hands:

Mar 25, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #34 of 698
Why don't we wait and see. Not every one is convinced they will be epic or a steal just yet.
Fair enough.. I'm not asking anyone to agree with me; it is just my opinion but also don't want those sitting on the fence to miss the close. I personally have a fondness for Planar tech, it works exceptionally well in the RAH and Tin did a fairly good job with their budget version so for me (and perhaps others) there's reason for optimism.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #35 of 698
Now says 34 days left. But the description text still says that March 31 is the last pre-order day. Is the pre-order period extended?

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #36 of 698
Now says 34 days left. But the description text still says that March 31 is the last pre-order day. Is the pre-order period extended?
I'm just about to write to him. Overnight, it seems Bob extendended it 30 days and in the description. it still says March 31 but if you scroll all the way to the bottom, it now Reads Shipping End of May. So yeah, it appears that without informing pre order customers, he extended it. As enthusiastic as I am about the EDP I'll be canceling my order; you don't just make changes like this without informing your customers first.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #37 of 698
I'm just about to write to him. Overnight, it seems Bob extendended it 30 days and in the description. it still says March 31 but if you scroll all the way to the bottom, it now Reads Shipping End of May. So yeah, it appears that without informing pre order customers, he extended it. As enthusiastic as I am about the EDP I'll be canceling my order; you don't just make changes like this without informing your customers first.

I’m sure the shipping expected timeframe has not changed. Only the pre order period has extended.

I suspected it would be extended due to covid19 and also I suspect all 500 will be made even if not all pre orders are not fulfilled before shipping starts.

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #38 of 698
I’m sure the shipping expected timeframe has not changed. Only the pre order period has extended.

I suspected it would be extended due to covid19 and also I suspect all 500 will be made even if not all pre orders are not fulfilled before shipping starts.
That maybe true, but he should write to his customers who have already laid down their money, about changes like this before making those changes. I should have found out about it in my inbox not on his website. I canceled mine.

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #40 of 698
That maybe true, but he should write to his customers who have already laid down their money, about changes like this before making those changes. I should have found out about it in my inbox not on his website. I canceled mine.

What is it exactly you should have found out. I’m confused?

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #41 of 698
What is it exactly you should have found out. I’m confused?

Umm, after the Trinity fiasco and now with the virus situation I don't blame anyone for worrying about not getting these.

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #43 of 698
Here's a portion of what I sent him:
"You make great IEMS but you really need to be more proactive in your communications with your customers. Many of us have been checking your site daily to see where your order count is with genuine interest in your success and in eager anticipation of the eventual arrival of the item we pre-bought. So to learn from the website that everything is being pushed back 30 days instead of hearing it from you first before making the change elsewhere is at the least disappointing at the other other end a little infuriating. We wait, we wait, we wait, we get excited and anticipation grows and then we get let down without any pre-warning or explanation. I really hope you learn to get more proactive in your comms with your customers".

This isn't the first time communications have been lacking, and I'm sympathetic to the current commercial conditions, but I find it disrespectful the way it was done. The originaI shipping stated April / May which implies early May. The new shipping states end of May. I may come back to an EDP in the 2nd hand market or from B stock if it's offered after reviews are in, but I just don't like how this was handled. It should have been 1 email to existing order holders then a web update, not a web update with 0 email. Frankly, it bugs me more than a little.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #44 of 698
So, currently they are at 67% of their goal. What happens if they never reach it? Will they extend pre-order period again, cancel the whole thing or make it anyway?

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #45 of 698
So, currently they are at 67% of their goal. What happens if they never reach it? Will they extend pre-order period again, cancel the whole thing or make it anyway?
Historically, no. If the order count is below the goal it will.still be produced. The same. Thing happened with the RAH. There were different price breaks based on the number of pre orders. In the end, the number of orders were.less than the number needed for the lowest price but we got the original best price anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back