IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Mar 9, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #16 of 698
21 days to go before orders close. 319 Fortunate Planar Lovers have got orders in.... at £159 these are steal I hope for your sake and Bob's that more join in!

Mar 9, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 698
21 days to go before orders close. 319 Fortunate Planar Lovers have got orders in.... at £159 these are steal I hope for your sake and Bob's that more join in!
Just sold my Rah's and have instant sellers remorse. Put in the order for EDP's last week and May can't come soon enough.

Mar 9, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #18 of 698
Just sold my Rah's and have instant sellers remorse. Put in the order for EDP's last week and May can't come soon enough.
I hear you. I've been A/B listening to my RAH and Fusion for a good part of the afternoon, and honestly, not sure which I like better. I think I dont like one over the other they are just different. Im sure the EDP is going to be another winner from Bob, but if you're regretting the sale of your RAH , you should write to Bob and see if he can hook you up with a PB One; he may have a spare.

Mar 9, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #19 of 698
I hear you. I've been A/B listening to my RAH and Fusion for a good part of the afternoon, and honestly, not sure which I like better. I think I dont like one over the other they are just different. Im sure the EDP is going to be another winner from Bob, but if you're regretting the sale of your RAH , you should write to Bob and see if he can hook you up with a PB One; he may have a spare.

I might. I was originally hoping to trade up from the Rah to a Campfire Atlas but I timed it wrong and lost out on the Atlas. Now im not sure what to do.

Mar 9, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #20 of 698
I might. I was originally hoping to trade up from the Rah to a Campfire Atlas but I timed it wrong and lost out on the Atlas. Now im not sure what to do.
Rejoice you dodged that Campfire bullet and start saving for the Semper :relieved:

Mar 10, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #21 of 698
I managed to convince myself that I'd read a post saying that the EDP will have a metal body, but now that I look at the product page, and a quick review of this thread I can't find what I thought I saw.

Has there been any discussion of what material/s the shell will be made from?

I'm VERY tempted by the EDP, but for.......reasons, I want an IEM with a metal shell.

NVM, I just emailed Bob (SUPER fast reply!) and he confirmed that the shell will be anodised aluminium.
Happy days, off to order now :)

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #22 of 698
That is unfortunate, but EDP is i feel gonna be a hitter :D just wait and see what happens!
Tho, you can just get atlas without a deal :) or save for semter, u got so many options~~

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #23 of 698
That is unfortunate, but EDP is i feel gonna be a hitter :D just wait and see what happens!
Tho, you can just get atlas without a deal :) or save for semter, u got so many options~~

Found a good deal on the Atlas but I’m going to hold off until I see some specs on the Sempter. I also just got an iFi Hip Dac and looking to upgrade all my cables to 4.4mm. Super happy the EDP ships with 4.4mm. May can’t come soon enough.

Mar 10, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #24 of 698
Found a good deal on the Atlas but I’m going to hold off until I see some specs on the Sempter. I also just got an iFi Hip Dac and looking to upgrade all my cables to 4.4mm. Super happy the EDP ships with 4.4mm. May can’t come soon enough.
Fellow vancouverite unite! May the IMR with you!

Mar 10, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #25 of 698
i am having the opposite issue cable wise.
My dx228 is 4.4mm only. But i am looking to try out some proper desktop hear. And it rarely comes with 4.4mm.
There is an option from dunu with interchangable jacks. But they dont do pure silver.
I think i will have to compromise here.
Or get something like 4.4mm female to xlr adapter

Mar 10, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #26 of 698
i am having the opposite issue cable wise.
My dx228 is 4.4mm only. But i am looking to try out some proper desktop hear. And it rarely comes with 4.4mm.
There is an option from dunu with interchangable jacks. But they dont do pure silver.
I think i will have to compromise here.
Or get something like 4.4mm female to xlr adapter
While a simple adapter may indeed open up more options, if you’re looking for cool desktop-grade gear with a 4.4mm Pentaconn output I’ll point to Nuprime’s DAC-9H. It doesn’t use the latest chip but implementation is everything and this one sounds great. It is as they claim a reference tuning, but not a clinical one (that’s the domain of the DAC-10H).

Mar 10, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #27 of 698
While a simple adapter may indeed open up more options, if you’re looking for cool desktop-grade gear with a 4.4mm Pentaconn output I’ll point to Nuprime’s DAC-9H. It doesn’t use the latest chip but implementation is everything and this one sounds great. It is as they claim a reference tuning, but not a clinical one (that’s the domain of the DAC-10H).
That is very interesting indeed. And the price is not as bad as i expected. Definately worth looking into. Thanks.

Mar 23, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #29 of 698
In case anyone else cares, Bob just confirmed that the 4.4mm plug will be right angled like all his others.
This is what I hoped for, but there seems to be very few right angle jacks out there, and almost none that that are 'low profile', if you see what I mean.
That actually will be a very handy thing.

Mar 23, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #30 of 698
pre-sale-dd-dj35a-dj44a-25-44-balanced-adapter-for-astellkern-fiio-etc-audio-adapter-hifigo-218261_695x695.jpg

DD DJ35A DJ44A

Low profile 2.5 to 4.4mm adapter & 4.4 to 3.5mm adapter. Sign up for the newsletter for a small discount. Also available on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back