Impulse Purchase -- Molex Evalidi's
Nov 5, 2010 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Il Mostro

1000+ Head-Fier
Just a quick heads-up. I stumbled on these cheapie IEM's last week and decided "what the heck"?  No they are not going to make me sell my UMX3's, ER4S's or even the HF5's, but what a nicely balanced, open sounding earphone with ample but not crazily overblown bass for $20.00.  I am playing straight out of my 160GB iPod with all lossless material.  They really do not have any major warts like other inexpensive stuff I've tried.  Super comfy and a nice non-microphonic cable (won't really work over-ear though).  The only obvious "negative" is lack of isolation when music is not playing, but few beside Ety's deliver on that criterion.  Interestingly, the country of origin: Philippines.  Perfectly OK for venues where I do not want to take my good stuff.

http://dkc1.digikey.com/us/en/ph/molex/evaldi/evaldi.html

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 3
I just got a pair of these... I'm really disappointed with them. They've got almost no highs at all. I might be biased because my other headphone is the Grado HF-2, but I'm considering writing Molex to complain.
Sure, it was only $22 CAD, but I'm not happy with the sound out of them. Maybe others will have something better to say about this IEM...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back