Improving upon what I have
Jun 16, 2009 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ruel

Head-Fier
I am looking for a solid DAC/Amp to use with a MacBook (3,1) and iPod touch. I am currently listening through Grado SR60's at home, when the open design is not an issue. ATH-M50's when out and about/traveling.

Right now I am looking at the iBasso D2 Boa. It's price point is in a nice place for me, less than $200. (And there's a deal for a LOD.) It had the USB DAC capability I was looking for as well. (For use with the MacBook.)

Other products I'm looking at:
HeadRoom Bithead

Any opinions/recommendations?

On a separate note: Would it be 'harmful' to the ATH-M50's if I used them extensively without a DAC/Amp?

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 5
ignore that bithead and instead go for a rsa amp or an ibasso, they outperform it in every detail
wink.gif

and then you should probably upgrade your cans
smily_headphones1.gif

gl
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #3 of 5
id look at the iriver h120/h140 with an ibasso d10.

with regards connectivity nowt beats it, analogue in and out, headphone out, optical out, internal microphone etc, and the ibasso has the optical in conenction.

that rig is currently for sale in for sale forums for 350

use rest on aset of cans what have ya

Jun 16, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 5
The DAC/Amps I found from RSA or iBasso with the connectivity I'm looking for, and within my price range are limited to the iBasso D2 Boa, and (oddly) the iBasso D2 Boa. I don't know how these two products differ, but they do exist on separate pages.

In fact iBasso is offering a little deal on the LOD until Fri.

Any tips on a better source?

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back