Improve headphone shielding
Dec 15, 2014 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DJoe

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys!

Since I'm playing my music in some very big clubs, I often got the problem, that I musst turn my headphones very loud, when listening to the next track, cause the music from the stationary sound system is too loud.
So - do you know how I can improve the shielding of my On-Ear Hedphones? I thougth about putting something inside the earpiece, but don't know what...
I would be very thankful, if someone of you could help me :)

Regards,
DJoe

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 5
Wear ear plugs to reduce the overall noise level, then turn your headphones up so you can hear them through the earplugs.

The ear plugs will affect the sound you hear from your headphones. An even better option if you have in ear headphones is to use those with earmuffs over them.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #3 of 5
I often wear ear plugs, but they distort the sound-image :frowning2:

Is there no way to put something in the earpads to improve the shielding?
Cause I like On Ears more then InEars.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 5
Have you tried musician earplugs? They should sound better than the foam type.

I think sound probably comes in through the back of your headphones, not just the pads. Different pad materials might have some effect but my guess is that it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 5
I've got some of these musician earplugs, but as I said, they disort the sound image.

Ok, I think there is no way to improve that :frowning2: I've tried to make it a little bit better with sugru, and it is a very effective.

But sooner or later I will be probably look around for new ones.

A huge THANKS for your help! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back