Personal BEST DAC-AMP & DONGLES discoveries thread (Best finds Reference List)
Jul 1, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #16 of 328
But... it doesnt have any button xD how do you use it¿
Oh, this one look like a USB Dac, just plug and play I guess...sound to be turn via laptop...

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #17 of 328
So, I make an impulsive purchase for testing something really really cheap but that use same Dual DAC chip than Cambridge Dacmagic....
it do not have metal case but can be plug right way by USB.

bf80f659-a7c0-4a09-8f77-ba47a99e7df4.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252298238894

Just the dual TDA1305T worth the price...

Will try other ultra cheap DAC of this type if it sound any good!

I'm especialy curiou about AK4490 DAC soundsignature...so will check for the cheaper possible one to buy.

Jul 3, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #18 of 328
So, I make an impulsive purchase for testing something really really cheap but that use same Dual DAC chip than Cambridge Dacmagic....
it do not have metal case but can be plug right way by USB.

bf80f659-a7c0-4a09-8f77-ba47a99e7df4.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252298238894

Just the dual TDA1305T worth the price...

Will try other ultra cheap DAC of this type if it sound any good!

I'm especialy curiou about AK4490 DAC soundsignature...so will check for the cheaper possible one to buy.

Wow, that looks promising for the price.
Let us know ASAP! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jul 4, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #19 of 328
Oh well, en français s'il vous plaît?
Just find a very enthusiast review of BREEZE AUDIO E17 class A amp, it have the honor to be in the 2016 best buy to make from french audio forum ''Tellement Nomade''.
Copy paste here and if you want jsut use any translator to understand what it say wich is: Extra clear no hiss sound with perfect rendering that do not force anything, all is were it should be. They call it the BIG brother of legendary budget amp Topping NX1....big brother for 10$ more, well...thats more than intriguing!

http://www.tellementnomade.org/guide-de-noel-2016/7/

Oh, and here a courageous audiophile buy the Breeze E11 and look very enchanted by it....

http://www.tellementnomade.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13636

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #21 of 328
Wow, that looks promising for the price.
Let us know ASAP! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
So I finally receive this extra nude DAC-(semi)AMP....and man....what the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It sound freaking GOOD!
It's just fast impressions with my Koss Portapro but the quality of sound surpass any hope I could have, I just buy this for the ''amp lab'' but this is by far a very competent DAC no doubt about it, warm, extra clear, black background (no hiss even if no casing!!!), it's a plug and play and volume control work well, no need of extra amp for easy to drive but it will open up the soundstage...Dual TDA1305t sure sound like honey to my ears, it's smooth and sweetly textured, mid and low centric, not clinical, analog style I guess....wow man, i'm on a new very interesting quest here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20$ and perhaps it sound better than the 250$ Ibasso D2+BOA I just buy cause I like Wolfson WM8740 sound! Anyway, the amp isn't, cause it's a DAC with a little amping (enough for 64ohm and less).
P8010044.JPG P8010043.JPG
(bad pic, too lazy to get up and find better lighting)

Aug 2, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #22 of 328
So I finally receive this extra nude DAC-(semi)AMP....and man....what the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It sound freaking GOOD!
It's just fast impressions with my Koss Portapro but the quality of sound surpass any hope I could have, I just buy this for the ''amp lab'' but this is by far a very competent DAC no doubt about it, warm, extra clear, black background (no hiss even if no casing!!!), it's a plug and play and volume control work well, no need of extra amp for easy to drive but it will open up the soundstage...Dual TDA1305t sure sound like honey to my ears, it's smooth and sweetly textured, mid and low centric, not clinical, analog style I guess....wow man, i'm on a new very interesting quest here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20$ and perhaps it sound better than the 250$ Ibasso D2+BOA I just buy cause I like Wolfson WM8740 sound! Anyway, the amp isn't, cause it's a DAC with a little amping (enough for 64ohm and less).

Link please.

Aug 2, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #23 of 328
Aug 3, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #25 of 328
Does it sound fine with an amp? I guess if using the headphone-out to an amp it would be double-amping, but it wouldn't matter much if its amp isn't very powerful. ?
Yeah, it sound wider but a little warmer too, it all depend the amp you have I guess, mine its ibasso D2+ Boa and is on the warm side already, anyway I use it with good result for full size headphone and sound is way way way better than my computer soundcard. For iem, it work really well without amp, no hiss at all wich is very impressive. 18$ and it include otg conerter cable and a quality usb cable...I don't quite understand the genorisity of this Douk Audio shop!!
Will surely try another one that intrigue me and use a Sabre ES9023 DAC, these 2 look interesting, but I choose my first test cause of volume control and coaxial out (only way to bypass amp section I think):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262871186326
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262871186326

Aug 6, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #26 of 328
It sound freaking GOOD!

Does it work with Android phones and OTG cable?
Is there a tech specs list anywhere around?

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #28 of 328
I've asked the seller and no, apparently it doesn't. Maybe it was obvious, but I'm not familiar with such devices.
So, what's the cheapest solution for a good sounding USB DAC that works with Android phones?

Okay.....strange to have option to include a OTG cable tough....hum, well, will try on my Samsung once a receive a usb OTG converter. (mine just have USB cable....)

I think there other choice.....experimental choice I mean!

But, right now, I listen to the new FIIO DAC-AMP Q1 MArkII that is thinked for IOS and suppose to work with Android too, it have a balanced output too! Quite impressive for 100$

P8140037.JPG

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #29 of 328
I've asked the seller and no, apparently it doesn't. Maybe it was obvious, but I'm not familiar with such devices.
So, what's the cheapest solution for a good sounding USB DAC that works with Android phones?

By experimental i mean stuff like this intriguing ultra cheap DAC:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272563718422

You can ask this seller if it work with Android....

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #30 of 328
By experimental i mean stuff like this intriguing ultra cheap DAC:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272563718422

You can ask this seller if it work with Android....

They wouldn't ship to the third world country I live in (Italy) anyway. I will take a look on eBay/AliExpress for similar stuff.
I'm looking for a ultra-cheap DAC (maybe with a little amping section), since I will eventually buy a mid-range DAP in, like, a few months, and I want to save money for that, so the Q1mkII is not an option for me.
Let us know if that Douk DAC actually doesn't work with your phone. Maybe it works only with some phones and they don't advertise Android support to avoid complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back