Impressions & Loaner Tour || TFTA-2100-2V1S
Dec 27, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #107 of 191

Quote:
indeed it does :)
Some people don't like bass at all, and prefer mids/highs more than anything.
I know mark on head-fi for one, much prefers his mids/highs to be up-front, whereas me and Luco on head-fi much prefer our bass IN YO FACE lol.

Well i do like my bass to be powerful with plenty of slam and hit hard with my rock and blues music but it is not my only concern ,mids are just as important to me ,i love my vocals to be clean and smooth and for guitars to really shine and take center stage and i like to clearly hear all the intricate details in the treble . For my country music i like a more mids and treble dominated phone that is why i have a varied collection of iem;s and headphones ,i appreciate the different sound signature's on offer.

I am just as happy to listen to the SE530 as i am to listen to the tfta ,i love the SE530 and EQ7  for my country music.

The TFTA is my go to phone for movies ,it can not be beaten for the sheer power and rumble of that bass ,and some times it just great to put in the tfta's and listen to some blues,something  like Canned Heat and just loose myself following those bass lines played by Larry Taylor ,alias the Mole .
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #108 of 191

Quote:
Well i do like my bass to be powerful with plenty of slam and hit hard with my rock and blues music but it is not my only concern ,mids are just as important to me ,i love my vocals to be clean and smooth and for guitars to really shine and take center stage and i like to clearly hear all the intricate details in the treble . For my country music i like a more mids and treble dominated phone that is why i have a varied collection of iem;s and headphones ,i appreciate the different sound signature's on offer.

I am just as happy to listen to the SE530 as i am to listen to the tfta ,i love the SE530 and EQ7  for my country music.

The TFTA is my go to phone for movies ,it can not be beaten for the sheer power and rumble of that bass ,and some times it just great to put in the tfta's and listen to some blues,something  like Canned Heat and just loose myself following those bass lines played by Larry Taylor ,alias the Mole .
ksc75smile.gif

:)

I too like mids/highs, but overall prefer, or NEED bass so to speak lol.

I sold my denon ah-c751's as they didn't have enough mids for my liking.
710's had maybe a tad too much highs + sibilant
TFTA - bombshell :D

Dec 27, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #109 of 191

Quote:

Im just glad i could point you in the right direction @ Dubbed . by the way if you ever get the chance ,i recommend you try the Miles Davis tributes , not as bass heavy as the 1xb but they have the most mid bass of the pro line in my opinion ,should be right up your ally.

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #110 of 191

Quote:
Im just glad i could point you in the right direction @ Dubbed . by the way if you ever get the chance ,i recommend you try the Miles Davis tributes , not as bass heavy as the 1xb but they have the most mid bass of the pro line in my opinion ,should be right up your ally.

I will do - cheers :)

(They are £230 though lol)
As said before, doubt I'll be buying any earphones ANY time soon - really enjoying my 1XB's, maybe in a year or 2 lol :)

BTW:
You got any headphones you would recommend?

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #111 of 191
Totally Dubbed: You've discovered the obvious, in a sense, which is we all like what we like. I think you wish to see more people who appreciate your preferences. This is understandable. I can see you with a pair of V-MODA LP2s in your future. They are totally not my kind of headphones, but I do appreciate that they are good for people who want a "nightclub on your head" experience and do have bass that will blow your head off while still managing to retain good mids and not destroy the highs. I'm pretty confident that you'll love them.

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #112 of 191

Quote:
Totally Dubbed: You've discovered the obvious, in a sense, which is we all like what we like. I think you wish to see more people who appreciate your preferences. This is understandable. I can see you with a pair of V-MODA LP2s in your future. They are totally not my kind of headphones, but I do appreciate that they are good for people who want a "nightclub on your head" experience and do have bass that will blow your head off while still managing to retain good mids and not destroy the highs. I'm pretty confident that you'll love them.

Indeed I have seen them, not heard them as such yet - every review i read about them = HUGE BASS, no mids lol.

PS. I heard some beats pro's in store...and to be honest they didn't sound that great - biggest problem I had is due to my HUGE ears, they didn't fit properly in the cup (thus why I have never been a fan of headphones) Bough tthe XB700's simply because I KNEW a 50mm driver would suffice LOL.

And about bass etc, yes understood that people ahve different views/opinions etc, but I could never agree with someone who would be recommending the se535's FOR EXAMPLE for bass...

Btw I know we are OT (headphones etc) - so if you could please post in my thread
It would be appreciated :) 

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #113 of 191
@ Dubbed , well i do not have any headphones that come close to giving out the bass of the 1xb , the Denon d5000 has probably got the hardest hitting bass impact and with some eq can be made as bassy as the tfta without bleeding into the mids which are a bit forward from neutral and the highs are very detailed yet quite soft and take a back seat to the bass and mids , they should satisfy you if you have eq or a bass boost.,well maybe 
devil_face.gif

I did try out the most expensive full size monster headphone in hmv , the £300+ model , and they could not match the 1xb for bass output either,and to be honest the mids and highs was not that good really for the price the d5000 sound much better to me.

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #114 of 191
Considering you're trying to match something that fits quite deep within the ear, to something that rests on or around the ear, I'm not surprised that even the most expensive, full size £300+ monster headphone didn't best the 1XB's bass quantity.

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:03 AM Post #115 of 191

Quote:
@ Dubbed , well i do not have any headphones that come close to giving out the bass of the 1xb , the Denon d5000 has probably got the hardest hitting bass impact and with some eq can be made as bassy as the tfta without bleeding into the mids which are a bit forward from neutral and the highs are very detailed yet quite soft and take a back seat to the bass and mids , they should satisfy you if you have eq or a bass boost.,well maybe 
devil_face.gif

I did try out the most expensive full size monster headphone in hmv , the £300+ model , and they could not match the 1xb for bass output either,and to be honest the mids and highs was not that good really for the price the d5000 sound much better to me.

Quote:
Considering you're trying to match something that fits quite deep within the ear, to something that rests on or around the ear, I'm not surprised that even the most expensive, full size £300+ monster headphone didn't best the 1XB's bass quantity.

Guys as I don't want to be off topic, mind posting these things in my thread please :)?
I don't want to flood this thread with my own things/wants/desires :p

PS.
Issue about the monster wasn't the bass in fact. Was the fact the mids/highs were way too forward for my liking, but the BIGGEST issue was fit + comfort + weight. They were not comfortable, if anything the clamp was giving me a headache after 10minutes of demo'ing...
Last night I wore my XB700's and fell asleep = GOOD THING, brilliant sound stage, bass is there, not too punchy - absolutely brilliant - no wonder I haven't searched for headphones for over 2years (owned my XB700's for over 2yrs now -> put sony xb700 on youtube, first video is mine :D!)

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #116 of 191
I have just received the TFTAs and will post my impressions once I have the time to give them some listening time. 

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #117 of 191
Wow, thats my exact experience with them... didnt really enjoy the c751's, maybe not enough bass for me but that was a long time ago. I have the 1v on the way so hopefully they will make me forget I sold my c710 (miss that rumble).

Quote:

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #118 of 191

Quote:
Wow, thats my exact experience with them... didnt really enjoy the c751's, maybe not enough bass for me but that was a long time ago. I have the 1v on the way so hopefully they will make me forget I sold my c710 (miss that rumble).

if i were you i would have bought the 1Xb's, they do more than rumble, honestly LOL
1V's are nice, but feel toned down, its like putting a restriction on a lamborghini

1XB's are just unleashed, un-tamed, pure horse-bass power lol

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #119 of 191
I found a great deal for the 1V's and couldn't resist. If they dont feel like c710 replacements then maybe i could trade them for the 1xbs... but I would like to feel some sparkle, the denons were just unbearable at times. I'm hoping they will please me (and replace the TD-II).

How well do they compare in the upper (mid/high) range vs other bassy phones like denons, xears ect? Do the 1v do better at clarity or just less masked by the bass?

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #120 of 191

Quote:
I found a great deal for the 1V's and couldn't resist. If they dont feel like c710 replacements then maybe i could trade them for the 1xbs... but I would like to feel some sparkle, the denons were just unbearable at times. I'm hoping they will please me (and replace the TD-II).

How well do they compare in the upper (mid/high) range vs other bassy phones like denons, xears ect? Do the 1v do better at clarity or just less masked by the bass?

you should read my review on them :)
Here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/590714/3x-100-earphones-detailed-comparison-between-tfta-1xb-vs-phonak-aud-o-pfe-112-vs-monster-turbine

And 1XB vs 1V:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/573007/tfta-2100-2v1s-1v-tfta-2100-3v2b-1xb-review-pictures-videos

They will not disappoint you, they are better IMO than the 710/751's combined.

PS. what deal did u get :D?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back